Windows Programming - January 2012

question

how do i make this pushbuttton do something? example: hEdit =CreateWindow(TEXT("button"), TEXT("Save/Open DB"), WS_VISIBLE | WS_CHI...
[4 replies] Last: they worked (by Echo773)
Tool-tip does not appear, going crazy again

O.K. I must admit that with the help of a lot of users I accumulated a lot of C++ knowledge. Now, I have this problem. I am trying to create a tooltip for a but...
[1 reply] : You have missunderstood the msdn example so you are using some wrong ... (by guestgulkan)
Writeing a program to end others

Im a gamer, but I confess i need to play videogames a bit less. I had the idea of writing a program that will run in the background and close the video game wh...
[7 replies] Last: I've got a working function that does just this. Would you like me to... (by Stewbond)
Rendering (1,2)

I have refused for some time now to use a pre-made game engine so, with that said, will anyone help me make the rendering part for a 2D game engine? A big thin...
[27 replies] Last: Nothing. That's the "point". Just a joke. http://en.wikipedia.org/... (by cnoeval)
array, vector & Color

I'm using MS Visual Studio 2010 Professional C++. Following is part of the rich text box that displays text in multiple colors. array<System::Drawing::Colo...
[1 reply] : Well, news for you: That is C++/CLI, and we consider it a new languag... (by webJose)
Folder Properties

Hi! I already made a function that takes a folder path opens it and read how many files and folders are included in the given path. But however if i use it on ...
[11 replies] Last: I came up with a solution so this matter is done :D Thanks for everyon... (by SpecijalkaPP)
Help Guys!!!

Hello I'm Pavlos from Greece I'm new in C++ i have an asignment for my exams and i have a problem in this programm(look down). most of the variables are named i...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you very much guys!!! that's a think I could ever imagine!!! I'l... (by pavlkons)
Set Values To Array Starting At [0][0]

Hello, How would I go about placing values into a 2d array with these rules for array Type 1 = Rows 1 and 2 Type 2 = Rows 3 through 7 Type 3 = Rows...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you Stewbond, your idea was a major success! (by Schwagmister)
by dkrazy
Window Color

Hi! I'm trying to figure out how to change the look of the basic program window after making a program. Just in case you a little confused,what I'm talking abou...
[no replies]
by Ch1156
Cross initialization of HWND??

I am adding stuff to my program and making it work at the same time, this program is to help me by showing working examples of code i can refrence to, but it gi...
[4 replies] Last: oooooohhh, i see now! I didnt know you could use Curly brackets in cas... (by Ch1156)
by Vovin
Another MFC question

Hi, MFC question. I'm parsing the command line within InitInstance() and storing this within member variables of the App class (the sub class of ZWinApp). ...
[1 reply] : I still am NOT the guy to ask about MFC, but http://msdn.microsoft.com... (by webJose)
by Vovin
Send message from view to CMainFrame

Hi, I'm wanting to do some processing within my app after the view has been drawn. Can I send a message to my CMainFrame class from the OnDraw() method withi...
[3 replies] Last: Not sure. I don't do or know MFC. You could be missing some connecti... (by webJose)
by antonj
Excel Automation by C++. Fast random Color update

Hi! What I need is fast worksheet update, by C++ program. The problem is that I want to update background of cells. There is examples in the net, for value ...
[4 replies] Last: Well, I can't... I'm using Excel as visualization for MySQL database d... (by antonj)
by Ch1156
Windows 7 looking Buttons (1,2)

I am working on a program and i would like the buttons to have a Windows 7 look, i found this code to do it but i add it to my program and it doesnt work, it co...
[39 replies] Last: please help. (by Ch1156)
by Giri89
Visual C++ 2010 - File not Found

Hi Guys, When I try and compile a project, I am receiving the following error: Unable to start program 'C:\Users\Giridhaar\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\P...
[3 replies] Last: If you take a closer look, there is one error in line 79 of file asdf.... (by webJose)
BM_SETIMAGE not working

As I see in a lot of tutorials and forums, BM_SETIMAGE should be a piece of cake, but this is C++ (and Windows), so anything can happen. I have this code: //R...
[1 reply] : Your send message is not right - It should be: SendMessage(mybutton,... (by guestgulkan)
OpenCV applications using VS2010

I am struggling to get opencv set up using visual studio 2010. I am trying to follow guides and I feel like I am following them correctly, however the test pro...
[4 replies] Last: when are you getting the error (where are you in my tutorial)?? (sorry... (by arijspieter)
net beans output in console (C++)

Hey there, can we obtain output of a c++ program in net beans IDE on a console i.e. in the console window like it was with turbo c++
[no replies]
BorlandC++ Builder Launch a Web Site

Hi, I need help about launching a web site in default browser using Borland ( button click = launch google.com, for example ). I found solution valid in D...
[1 reply] : Your cracked version of Borland is not good, drop it and get a real co... (by modoran)
Access to the extended toolbar button styles

Hello, me again I have a toolbar TBBUTON and a lot of style that could be applied to it. Unfortunately only a few of them work (TBSTYLE_BUTTON, TBSTYLE_SEP and...
[5 replies] Last: if you use Mingw then you must define manually _WIN32_IE and _WINVER, ... (by modoran)
January 2012 Pages: 123... 9
  Archived months: [dec2011] [feb2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.