Windows Programming - January 2012 (Page 2)

I need help with this Boolean statement. Why do I always come out with 0?

if (fga || fgm == 0){ field_goal_percentage = 0;} else { field_goal_percentage == fgm / fga; } if (tpm |...
[2 replies] Last: Well according to maths you need to change all if statements cos i sup... (by SpecijalkaPP)
Borland Compiler

Does anyone know how to compile in c99 mode with the free borland command line compiler? I am getting an error I remember having with MinGW when I use for loop...
[2 replies] Last: I happen to use that also. But i am asking how/if you can compile in ... (by evanc9606)
scanf with c-string

With the fallowing code: int main() { char input ; printf("\nEnter a word: "); scanf("%s", &input); printf("You entered %s", input); ...
[8 replies] Last: Oh no wonder I didn't know how it worked at all. (by evanc9606)
Bitwise operator >> and &

I'm trying to understand a bit of code here: (...) #define MAX_UNSIGNED_SHORT (0xffff) #define RANDOM_A (1103515245) #define RAND...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a lot! (by AeonFlux1212)
ODBC DSN - Connection Not Open

Hello, I have a problem with a middle-tier windows service written in MFC C++. It's a service that at certain times performs a large number of database calls in...
[4 replies] Last: I have a Windows Server 2003 server connected to SQL Server 2003 datab... (by scherpdk)
Add buttons with images to a toolbar

Hi, I have this code //Resources.RC////////////////////// BITMAP1 BITMAP "bitmap1.bmp" //////////////////////////////////// //Resources.h//////...
[2 replies] Last: Yes, it was that. Now I understand instaces better. Thanks! (by alexbnc)
2D bool array

With this code char board ; bool chose ; I get an error with the bool array error: 'bool' undeclared (first use in this function) error: (Each undeclared i...
[3 replies] Last: Oh ok I'm guessing I could just use a 0 and 1 then. (by evanc9606)
by crypto
Printing memory

So I want to create a program that will print out every memory location and the value located on that address. How would I do this? I'm well aware I need to...
[1 reply] : You may have asked something similar @ the MSDN forums and I may have ... (by webJose)
by Kuzco
DirectX 10 and drawing a sprite

Hi there! I am trying to make a class that makes it easier for me to draw images with DirectX 10. What it's supposed to do is that when I write Sprite(L"Testsp...
[no replies]
Need help with Classes/Constructors

I'm trying to set multiple contructors for 1 class. Here's the class: class oop_bot { private: int ID; int x; int y; int energy; char direction; ...
[2 replies] Last: Oh! Ok. Thanks a lot! (by jatmdm psn)
SDL and code::blocks

I think this might be solved now. Used bits from both installation tutorials to get it working... Having trouble installing SDL onto code blocks... I've been...
[no replies]
DLL IMPORTING ERROR

I have made a dll now i want to use that dll in my other cpp programs but i am not able to import it i am gettin errors. Please tell me how to use a dll in dif...
[1 reply] : Show the errors. (by webJose)
Video Game Inventory System

I'm making a game for the console, and I have run into a bit of a problem: a lot of the game revolves on buying and selling items, and I can't work out a good w...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks so much, that was really helpful! (by FalterrisAunvre)
by Ch1156
Checkbox in my program (1,2)

Ok so i have a checkbox in my program but it wont check and uncheck. How do i make it do this with as little code as humanly possible? Can someone either add...
[21 replies] Last: Ah i see i got it working now, thanks!!! (by Ch1156)
Set Windows Color (Globally)

I want to change the system window color - Not just for the window my application is running in, but for the entire system.
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a ton! (by Edison Turner)
by eab24
send message from worker thread to GUI thread

Hello everyone. I am new to .NET C++ programming. I am currently trying to write an application program which reads a file and displays some data on to the scre...
[1 reply] : Use a BackgroundWorker component. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us... (by webJose)
by tpucke
returning time value from SQL Server through ODBC api

So I am using the ODBC api with Visual Studio 2010, and having trouble getting a time value returned into a TIME_STRUCT, which is the type declared in sqltypes....
[4 replies] Last: The db field I am querying is of type time. This is a valid field typ... (by tpucke)
I want to connect database

hey friends I want to connect database with C++, i have found many article but not understand so please tell me how to connect?
[1 reply] : Connecting to a database is typically done with a separate library. W... (by Disch)
capturing the mouse events to draw lines in c++

can any one please submit a C++ program for- capturing the mouse events to draw lines in c++
[1 reply] : Programming Windows, 5th edition by Charles Petzold covers this partic... (by webJose)
GDI+ renders properly on Windows 7 but not XP

I'm making a simple game with C++ and GDI+. First, I create a Bitmap in memory that serves as a buffer. Then I load some images I want to draw into Bitmaps. I u...
[2 replies] Last: I don't think I understand what you mean. I do want those black pixels... (by Druzyek)
January 2012 Pages: 1234... 9
  Archived months: [dec2011] [feb2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.