Windows Programming - March 2012 (Page 2)

ReadFile reading sector !!

hi guys I was wandering what is wrong in my code #include "stdafx.h" #include <windows.h> #include <winioctl.h> #include <iostream> #include <conio...
[4 replies] Last: ok thanks I will try it ...... btw the compiler wont compile and I te... (by Beach King)
by kalebo
Help plz with getline

void getEmployeeInfo(EmployeeInfo employees ) { employees .id = 1; // allow loop to run once string nameTemp; for (int i = 0; employees[i - 1].id > 0; ...
[1 reply] : nvm i figured it out myself. it was an issure with the employees array... (by kalebo)
by MikeTV
CLI and RegisterClassEx?

I need to create a window with a message pump, accessible from a managed class. I can create the window, but thanks to WNDCLASSEX.lpfnWndProc requiring an unma...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! To anyone stumbling across this post in search of the same ans... (by MikeTV)
LoadLibrarA/LoanLibraryW dll instantly unloaded

I have used both functions to load a .dll but while my path and filename seem correct, I get the following messages in the output window: Loaded 'C:\cust...
[2 replies] Last: yes I did check the return value... it is '0x000000' which was not ver... (by skougiou)
Box-Drawing characters not displaying corrrectly

I'm using the PDCurses library and running Win7 Whenever I use the addch() group of functions, the box drawing characters (code page 437) display fine, b...
[no replies]
need help with loops

Hi guys, I need your help with the loop. When I load a form to set up the timer to one second, it will get access to my site via httpwebrequest. It will look...
[2 replies] Last: Once more: Ask C++/CLI questions @ the MSDN forums, which is the same... (by webJose)
[Win API] Owner-Draw ListBox - Adding Wrong File

Hello, i've did this little application (gonna finish it but I need to fix this problem) by one tutorial, however, after adding file to listbox it will add "C:...
[no replies]
Win32 parent window issues

I am making my first Win32 application. I have two edit boxes with a "splitter" in the middle. All the splitter really is is the main window poking through be...
[1 reply] : Simplest would be to stop using the main window as a splitter. Just a... (by webJose)
Difference between System::Double vs double

They’re both double-precision floating-point numbers, so expected to have identical precision. Visual Studio 2010 editor displays System::Double in black, ...
[2 replies] Last: That's the class that is used to box doubles. There are others: Syst... (by webJose)
by HenryJ
wxDC::Clear() problem In wxWidgets

#include <wx/wx.h> // application class class MyFrame : public wxFrame { public: // Constructor MyFrame(const wxString& title, long style=wxDEFAULT_FRAME_...
[no replies]
by AlexEx
Problem with PPL in MSVC 2010 using MFC

I have encountered with a problem with Parallel Pattern Library when using it along with MFC. I have a method class, wich responds to a button click: void Cte...
[4 replies] Last: webJose , thank you very much, very helpful. (by AlexEx)
sharing variable between a DLL and an application

Hello, I have a c++ coded DLL, which exports some functions in a flat C header file, so that the DLL can be used with several languages. My problem is now to s...
[8 replies] Last: I think I understood the problem. It was actually linked to a misunder... (by Esteban)
wont load title skips straight to mainmenu

okay i am making a game and for some reason my game goes straight to the main menu instead of my title screen then main menu. below is what i am using for my m...
[1 reply] : This is not really the important code right now. You need to show the... (by webJose)
uses of Win32?

Ive been looking to get outside my normal consoles and learn some new stuff, but im confused on what win32 is used for. At the moment programming is a hobby for...
[1 reply] : Win32 creates your window (it creates your canvas) and OpenGL fills it... (by Stewbond)
Get Raw input from Mouse

Hi everybody, I'm new to this forum and I would like to ask one question: I created a application that detects events from mouse using WM_INPUT event by regi...
[9 replies] Last: Ok, the driver might be just bad. But what if I want to create keď dr... (by michalkajaba)
Winsock file transfer question

I'm writing a program to time how long it takes to upload/download a file. I have my file sending correctly, but the time is different between the client and th...
[no replies]
ball is warping all over the place

making a pong clone, and got some unexpected results while making some collision my ball decided it wanted to play portal and is now warping all over the place ...
[1 reply] : Hi. The && and || are probably not doing what u'd expect as they are w... (by soranz)
by agnelo
I need Help Urgent!!!!!!! VB2005

does anyone please help me how to do this. Im a real beginner it should be done in Visual Basic... I need the codes from the begging even with steps so that i c...
[2 replies] Last: If you want "the codes" then pay someone to do it for you. (by modoran)
Turning my project into a multi-file project

Hello everyone. I recently finished an assignment for a course and wanted to go a few steps further with it on my own. I'm fairly new to multi-file programmin...
[6 replies] Last: I don't think this is correct in ur header: Box (std::string nm, doub... (by soranz)
Need Windows Programming Tutorials

Any good Windows Programming tutorials would be highly appreciated.
[6 replies] Last: I've been looking for the same thing, so thanks guys! (by xBlueRobot)
March 2012 Pages: 1234... 7
  Archived months: [feb2012] [apr2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.