Windows Programming - May 2012

Help with "Closest Pair Problem" using Divide and Conquer

Hi First of all sorry for my bad english :-)) I am trying to write a program to solve the closest pairs problem using divide and conquer in C#.net. i get point...
[9 replies] Last: Solved. Thanks Everyone :-) (by SaeedOmnia)
Creating GUI applications, that can display graphs, are interactive, etc

How does one go about making an application on Windows? Are most made using Windows Form Programming (In the Visual Studio IDE) or is there a third party libra...
[2 replies] Last: or try this ... http://www.jose.it-berater.org/smfforum/index.php?t... (by freddie1)
stop button not working

I got a form with a start and stop button, when i press starts it executes my code, but when i stop it doesnt stop it What do i do wrong? in form1.h p...
[1 reply] : I don't know C++/CLI language, but the idea is this: In your worker t... (by modoran)
by Theta
GDI BackBuffer

I was curious today about writing a backbuffer in regular GDI. My understanding is to do this you would have to: 1. Create an HDC and Bitmap in memory based ...
[1 reply] : Yes, it looks correct. And yes, the garbled mess is because the hbmBa... (by Disch)
by Feaf
Minecraft Bot

I am working on a bot for mine craft for now I am just trying to get it to connect. If anyone can help it will be nice the protocol is here:http://www.wiki.vg/P...
[no replies]
by gol350
How to check if I clicked on the area of triangle's bitmap

I have a bitmap which is the shape of triangle. The rest of this bitmap is the mask that is unvisible. And my task is to detect if mouse has clicked on the are...
[1 reply] : Maybe you can get the pixel color where the mouse click occurs and che... (by naraku9333)
Performing a conditional function based on windows OS

Hello all, I'm wondering on how I could achieve performing a conditional function based on what operating system I'm using, for example, if ( operatingSy...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you webJose! :) (by Jesus805)
ListBox - How do I tell which item I've selected from the list box?

How do I tell which item I've selected in the list box? I don't want to retrieve the string from the selected field, but rather just identify which field I've s...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! I'll try to play around with that first and see what I get. (by Nothing5)
outputing a vector to screen?

Hello. I am currently trying to output text from a file and output it to the screen.. I am using a vector to store my strings.. I am wondering what functions I ...
[4 replies] Last: I'm not saying you concatenate, then delete the vector. But you can c... (by webJose)
calculating volume (tetrahedron)

Hello, I currently work on a generation of 3D tetrahedra in VS2010 c + +. The tetrahedra are generated sizes of small, medium or large randomly and of course ...
[no replies]
Accessing the devices!!!

Hi my dell inspiron laptop doesnt have an led indicator for the wi-fi, i want to write a simple program which will print whether the wi-fi device is turned on o...
[no replies]
File Brower, boost filesysytems, get contents of my computer

I'm making a media player with a custom file browser using boost filesystems. But "My Computer" is not a directory. I need some way of either getting the dire...
[3 replies] Last: I don't think boost can iterate through "my computer". Attempting to... (by htirwin)
A windows pure app

I'm learning gtkmm GUI for windows. It's easy and I love it. When I run my program in MSWindows os, It shows two windows: 1) my application with form and button...
[3 replies] Last: This is normal. The console is for debugging your program when compil... (by htirwin)
Read exe file contents to wstring in C++?

i have been stuck with this for days, hope i can get some help from you guys.. i am new here.. here is the code that reads contents of exe file to a stream.. ...
[8 replies] Last: I admit I assumed the Microsoft definition of both wchar_t and Unicode... (by andywestken)
by bagher
DirectX problem with texture

I have an code that written with C++6 and DirectX9 under windows XP. now i run that code with visual stdio 2010 and DXSDK_Jun10 and windows7 .but Texture in thi...
[no replies]
by jorz
classes outside Form.h

hi there, I have two header files Form.h and serial.h in Form.h I declare and call a class like this: CRC df1; crc = df1.CHECK(crc,buffer ); serial.h class...
[no replies]
snake game

please help with this program my snake is unable to take turns while it is alredy turning #include <stdio.h> #include <dos.h> #include <fstream.h> #inclu...
[1 reply] : somebody...pls... (by arkaine)
IPC Help

Hello! I have hooked winsock send/recv in a process. I'm trying to use named pipes to send the packets to my main program, but I'm still new to c++ which ...
[no replies]
Cant change icons.

i followed this tutorial: http://www.winprog.org/tutorial/simple_window.html and changing the icons wont work here is my slightly changed code. #include <wind...
[8 replies] Last: thanks, you are awesome (by Invader2010)
How to use MS Command Prompt to run source code created on notepad.

Hey In my programming course a substitute came in and stated rambling about how he only teaches his students to program C++ using DOS/MSDOS/COmmandPrompt. ...
[7 replies] Last: codeFoil That's not entirely true. When people refer to DOS, they u... (by kbw)
May 2012 Pages: 123... 6
  Archived months: [apr2012] [jun2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.