Windows Programming - October 2014 (Page 4)

by zdzero
Translating Virtual addresses into Physical addresses

I'm trying to understand how virtual addresses are translated to physical addresses. I started with the simple case: x86, non PAE. In this case things should w...
[no replies]
How does winProc Get called?

I know you set a pointer to the function but when does that lpfnWndProc get called???
[5 replies] Last: freddie1: Windows (the Operating System) calls that function throug... (by plexus)
GET_X_LPARAM | GET_Y_LPARAM

I am trying to get the x and y pos of the mouse.. It keeps giving me the x position not the y.. What is going on? I had x and y set to lo/hi words..doesnt do ...
[1 reply] : I read an interesting piece about WM_MOUSEMOVE if you have multiple mo... (by plexus)
adding USB in my dll

Hi, I'm trying to install in my dll USB capabilities. Actually I've a working MFC program and I would like to import the code in my dll. In the dll I've no h...
[no replies]
Windows Programming industry

hello all, im learning C++ for Windows programming, so far is just a hobby of mine (self studying), so i wanna start diving in the industry with my so far gathe...
[1 reply] : This should probably be moved to the Lounge. If you want to do Window... (by kbw)
by Joren
out_of_range error

hi everyone, I'm a beginner in SFML, but have some experience with c++. when i was writing a simple snake game i get "Unhandled exception at 0x75a5c42d in S...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much for the fast answer! I've been struggling with this... (by Joren)
Multiple source files+ header w/ Eclipse

Hi guys, I was wondering how do you compile multiple sources files with a header file also into an executable file??
[no replies]
Device Contexts, Bitmaps and WM_SIZE

Hey there, If I have a compatible bitmap and device context associated with my window and I want the window to be realizable, do I have to recreate the bitmap a...
[2 replies] Last: So changing the size of a window doesn't make the device context any l... (by SixTsevN)
WM_MOUSEMOVE; mouse moves one axis at a time?

Hey there, I was making a simple click+hold and drag navigation system for my app and I noticed something while debugging. It appears to me that when the messa...
[1 reply] : Is this true? No. (by Disch)
Help depolying application written in VS

Hi guys, I recently wrote an application using VS 2012 and Windows Forms, it's working perfectly on my PC but as soon as I try to run it on any other PC it won'...
[no replies]
How do Windows Print Processes Work?

Hi all, Im still quite new to programming and the windows architecture and Im currently trying to understand how the printing process works. From looking at ...
[1 reply] : This may be a good place to start... http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/l... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
Visual C++ with .NET

Is this worth putting time into? I would elaborate but I don't know anything as to what I am doing only think I know, is that I am creating a Form with c++ ...
[3 replies] Last: Writing games has never really interested me so I can't comment on the... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
Proper Windows Programming Design

I want to know how to properly design a windows application. Like in console programming creating .h and .cpp files was easy but feels like another paradig...
[13 replies] Last: Wow thank you guys so much for these responses! And thank you freddie!... (by novellof)
by tec23
Win32 WM_CUT and WM_COPY

Something strange is happening. When I handle both WM_CUT and WM_COPY in my subclass edit procedure, the text I have highlighted doesn't get cut. When I click C...
[no replies]
by yaaz32
Listview

How does one calculate all values in a listview using a for loop?
[1 reply] : int sum = 0; for each (auto item in listVotes->Items) { ... (by yaaz32)
October 2014 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [sep2014] [nov2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.