Windows Programming - October 2014 (Page 2)

CryptUnprotectData append LMEM to plain string

hi, i'm using CryptUnprotectData to decrypt a value in a sqlite3's column crypted with CryptProtectData. The decryption works,but when i display the string th...
[6 replies] Last: like so: tmp.assign(reinterpret_cast<char*>(out.pbData), out.cbData)... (by coder777)
by ruimac
Access a username/password protected url through C++

I'm an individual developer (not a professional developer. I'm a graphic designer who likes to code ) and I mainly code plugins for Cinema 4D (I don't know if a...
[3 replies] Last: I have nothing against Curl, it is probably the better solution. but a... (by Computergeek01)
How To Tell When A NIC Has Received An Address

Hi Everyone, What I need is a function\method\process\hook to tell when a specific network interface has either been enabled or when it has received an addr...
[2 replies] Last: That looks like it might do it. Baring and unforeseen race conditions ... (by Computergeek01)
by tec23
Filling structs question

Hi all. This is how I initialize the WNDCLASSEX struct and every other struct WNDCLASSEX wc; wc.cbClsExtra = 0; wc.cbSize = sizeof(WNDCLASSEX); wc.cbWndExtra ...
[3 replies] Last: I wouldn't worry too much. In the case of WNDCLASSEX you got WNDCLASSE... (by plexus)
by tec23
Can't open file with CreateFile function

Hi. I'm using windows xp, and I tried to open the pfirewall.log file in C:\WINDOWS directory, but it fails every time, GetLastError() returns 32. The message re...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks Disch now I was able to open the file (by tec23)
new to GTK

Anyone know if it is possible to get GTK running on VS2013? I am new and wanted to learn it Hambone
[no replies]
GetAsyncKeyState uses all CPU

Hello! I'm a beginner in C++ programming and I want to program a simulator for a little car on a racetrack. I have some problems with the keyboard input. ...
[4 replies] Last: The code I posted is inside of a while-loop that runs all the time. ... (by Disch)
GUI Panels

Hey so for a GUI I'm designing I came up with an idea of having the main window then sort of a container panel which would hold all of the other widgets. I'm us...
[4 replies] Last: you might want to give ''qt'' a try. especially the things you plan t... (by Darkmaster)
by ntran
Renaming a process

Hi everyone, So I have my application --> myapp.exe As it is running, in the Windows Task Manager / Processes tab, it is showed as myapp.exe I want t...
[1 reply] : IIRC its going to be whatever the name of the process already is. that... (by Little Bobby Tables)
why the static control is 'hided'?

by several reasons i drawed the static control using WM_PAINT at least i can change the textcolor, textbackcolor and 'transparent'(is a copy of the parent). c...
[2 replies] Last: by some reason, i can't use that message... that msdn doc make me more... (by Cambalinho)
error in message WM_PAINT

i'm trying doing a double buffer in WM_PAINT message for avoid the flickers: case WM_PAINT: { if (inst->Paint==NULL) b...
[2 replies] Last: you have right.. thanks for correct me (by Cambalinho)
by ntran
GUI Library for windows

Hi, I'm looking for a free GUI library to create proprietary applications. So I cannot use Qt (at least not the free version), which would have been my ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, it's a good option. (by ntran)
EnumDisplayMonitors from HDC

HDC monitorDC = (CreateDC(displayDevices .DeviceName, displayDevices .DeviceName, NULL, NULL)); i = 0; while (i < 1200) { std::cout << (INT)GetRVal...
[no replies]
by tec23
How to detect a UTF-8 file without bom?

I need to open UTF-8 files in a text editor, but don't know how to detect UTF-8 without bom. The WIN32 IsTextUnicode function doesn't have a UTF-8 flag
[1 reply] : bool IsUTF8(const void* pBuffer, long size) { bool IsUTF8 = true;... (by Lyrus)
by tec23
TCHAR array initialization

If I have this TCHAR lpString = TEXT("MainMenu"); Will lpString be null terminated?
[9 replies] Last: Me and Disch are talking about different things. What's confusing abou... (by knn9)
Work around for using C++ class with extern "C" DLL, class, function overloading, templates

Hello, I've been betting my head against the wall trying to figure out how to be able to use all the tools of C++ while having to extern "C" the code to a DL...
[8 replies] Last: Thank you kbw for your various answers to my question. -Andrew (by supracharger)
drawing NOT filled Rectangles?

hey guys, i have a suppose-to-be simple task which i can't figure out: how do i draw a simple "transparent" rectangle (Win32 GDI). i'm using a solid pen. G...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks!! i think by default rectangles should be transparent, and fil... (by igorbez)
Compatibility of Borland C++ Builder 6.0 and Windows 8.1

Hello, I have been using Borland C++ Builder 6.0 Professional with Windows 7 Professional 64-bit on my Mac via Bootcamp. Is this version of Borland C++ fully co...
[5 replies] Last: borland c++ is using win32 api, and since windows is backward compatib... (by tath)
by AKD
PROGRAM CANNOT RUN

Hi, I'm freshie :) Btw, I'm interested with this website so that I'm register under the cplusplus.com So, I have one question to all my friends here that kn...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/1/ (by cire)
What is the maximum size of a Bitmap?

Hey there, I was encountering a bug in my source code where CreateCompatibleBitmap() was returning NULL. I eventually pinpointed the bug and found it was oc...
[2 replies] Last: Interesting... (by SixTsevN)
October 2014 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [sep2014] [nov2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.