Windows Programming - October 2014 (Page 3)

How to write game Contra on C++ And DirectX

Can you help me write game Contra equal DirectX? Thanks all. P/s: I'm understand about C++ and OOP.
[4 replies] Last: thanks sir. :) (by nxvietit)
CreateCompatibleBitmap() from Un-released DC

Hey there, I just tracked down a bug within my source code, where my use of CreateCompatibleBitmap() is returning NULL. I have a hunch that it is because I ...
[3 replies] Last: It belongs to a class. Similar to that of a BackBuffer. (by SixTsevN)
Screen-saver application (Beginner)

Having trouble with windows API: I am attempting to write a program that will do as follows: Basic: Detect inactivity on any physical monitor EDIT: (Clarificat...
[3 replies] Last: Yes, but this is a screen-saver on a single monitor or display whilst ... (by Jack Hammered)
// Comments not working

Hello. I'm having a strange problem. When trying to write comments with the double forward slash // in C, I get a compiler error. It says something like "err...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the reply. Do you know how I can change the version of C I'... (by Bogeyman)
by ahcfan
Opening multiple files in explorer with one instance of my application?

If I select multiple files in explorer and hit enter it opens each file in a separate instance of my application. What do I need to do to get all the files to b...
[2 replies] Last: You'll need to fiddle around with synchronization objects and inter-pr... (by duky)
save file to usb

i want to save a file to pen drive using C++ code i don't know how to set directory of the file. plz help
[1 reply] : Do you mean using SHBrowseForFolder() ? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-u... (by modoran)
Run C++ Console in Vb.net ?

Hello everybody. Can make .dll with VS C++2012 console and import to vb.net2012? Thankyou very much.
[11 replies] Last: Op! Hi Freddie1. Can you help me run my code C++ in vb.net ? I had ... (by taipscode)
by sambos
Logging button clicks etc

Hi, I'm writing two programs at the moment. One is for an administrator and the other is for a user. The admin program is essentially a form that someone fil...
[7 replies] Last: You suggested a named pipe or shared memory rather than my own sugges... (by knn9)
by Zaaku
[C++] How to embed files into exe

Hello, I want embed 2 folders(in this folder I have all data client), This files are located in these folders *.lua eg: https://github.com/edubart/otclient/blo...
[2 replies] Last: I don't understand, can you give example? (by Zaaku)
by sambos
Win Forms etc

Hi, I have a program that has multiple forms that has buttons that open new forms / return to previous forms etc. Much like a webpage. When these buttons are ...
[1 reply] : I don't know much about Win Forms or .NET although years ago I worked ... (by freddie1)
by tec23
RegSetValueEx question

Hi. I have this code BYTE bShow = 1; DWORD size = sizeof(BYTE); RegSetValueEx(hKey, TEXT("ToolBar"), 0, REG_DWORD, (const BYTE*)&bShow, &size); When I chec...
[4 replies] Last: Now I have same problem like in the beginning. In my original post i m... (by tec23)
by derk
Creating an array on the heap that is not deleted

Hi there! Currently I'm working on a c++/cli windows forms app. What I want to do, is creating an array (with variable size) on the (managed) heap, when bu...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! In c++/cli you can use the new keyword, but I read somewher... (by derk)
by Raikoh
Link issue with DeleteProfile windows shell function

I'm trying to write a program that deletes user profiles after x amount of months pass. Everything works fine, except calling DeleteProfile(stringedSID,NULL,NUL...
[1 reply] : You got the solution from the link you posted. Add userenv.lib if yo... (by modoran)
Problem in processing the buttons created at runtime

Hello everybody, I am developing a small game using MFC in which the game options like new game, save, open, exit etc. can be selected from the menu as well as...
[no replies]
Error exporting to PDF (RPC server is unavailable)

Hello. First of all, sorry for my English, it's not my first language. I have a problem testing my C++ Builder 2007 applications in a Windows 8 HP tablet,...
[no replies]
i need a sample code for non client area painting

hey guys, can someone write a sample code(Native Windows api) for non-client area painting (the title bar) using the WM_NCPAINT message, im trying to fill the n...
[1 reply] : http://www.catch22.net/tuts/custom-titlebar (by tath)
c++ - my timer class

heres my class timer: class Timer { private: int MilliSecondsTimer; bool blnDestroyed; UINT TimerId; HANDLE Timer1; public: int SetMil...
[19 replies] Last: the messagebox don't need be closed, because is open anotherone (by Cambalinho)
by wlock
Access Denied (runtime error) while useing RETR in FTP COMMAND

Hello I'm writing a very simple FTP manager,when I send a message to RETRIEVE the file from server my Application falls into a Run-time Error and I Don't Know W...
[2 replies] Last: no unfortunately. (by wlock)
by dzaho
New to Prog. C++

Hello, am new in programming (C++). This assignment was given in class. I try to code but am not getting right answer. Can someone help code this? Ques 1: ...
[2 replies] Last: line 13 and 21, be careful of integer division. e.g. what's 40 divided... (by mutexe)
Run C++Console on Winform.

Hello every body. I use VC++2012. This code run ok with Console. But i want to run on winform VC++2012. Can you help me ? Thankyou very much. // // This c...
[6 replies] Last: Hi Plexus. I very scare when read msdn.microsoft.com hic hic .... (by taipscode)
October 2014 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [sep2014] [nov2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.