Windows Programming - October 2015

richedit: how can i read some characters without cpu on 100%?

i'm creating a function for read some data from richedit: static LRESULT APIENTRY RichEditProc(HWND hwndDlg,UINT uMsg,WPARAM wParam,LPARAM lParam) { ...
[1 reply] : "How to Use Rich Edit Text Operations" https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
mathematical refrencess in visual form application

Hey guys, so today i came across this little problem. How do i use square roots, sin, cos, tg and so on, in C++ visual form application... I cant find it anywhe...
[1 reply] : https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/System.Math(v=vs.110).aspx P... (by integralfx)
Dialog bitmap

Hi Guys, How do I get a bitmap to show in a dialog box ? Thx FC
[1 reply] : BitBlt()? https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd1... (by RaduV)
by wahhaj
How to add ink to my program

How does microsoft ink work and how can I add it to my c++ program? I've been looking around on the internet and I can't find any tutorials. I managed to find t...
[1 reply] : You use pen and brush objects to render graphics, text, and images wit... (by mathew17)
Help is needed in WindowsForm VC++

I have been trying to get the number of ")" occurred in a system^ string, but keep getting errors. the problem i'm trying to solve is: "how many time does ( or...
[1 reply] : length1 is never modified in your while loop, hence you have an infi... (by coder777)
mingw g++ boost library linking

I'm pretty sure that I've built all the libraries correctly, outputting a bunch of "libboost_name-mgw48-mt-1_59.a" and "libboost_name-mgw48-mt-d-1_59.a" to _dev...
[1 reply] : Congratulations on having the patience to figure this one out on your ... (by Computergeek01)
Error 'new' cannot appear in a constant-expression

Hi, I tried to create a double vector of object, similar to matrix but i need to put in the row a type of object and in the column another type of object. ...
[1 reply] : or the definition of other part of my code. That. (by cire)
Get Mouse klick, fire keyboard

Hi, i have a mouse with forward and back mouse buttons and i want to use them within a game. The problem is that the games i want to play do not support that...
[1 reply] : Use windows hooks(I.e., SetWindowsHookEx()) to monitor mouse events an... (by RaduV)
Screen coordinates function

Hi, Is there a function to calculate coordinates for sendinput so you don't have to do it manually ? I'm using this formula right now: mov [click_event.mi.dx...
[2 replies] Last: thanks, I will look into them. (by hamakeybdsucks)
[Win32 API] Set text and background color of static label?

Did some reading but am so far unsuccessful. I am trying to set the background color and text color of a type "STATIC" window. Below is the code and what I've t...
[19 replies] Last: To learn these things, in my opinion, one must just about study Charle... (by freddie1)
how can i change the text and backcolor on a window?

i never understanded these :( how can i change the text and backcolor on a window? i use the WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC,WM_CTLCOLOREDIT handlers, but they seem be ginore...
[1 reply] : Just off the top of my head and can think of two things you could imme... (by freddie1)
Help with changing the program

Hello. I am a beginner in programming and wanted to know if someone can help. I have no idea what I am doing or where to even start. If anyone can help me on wh...
[3 replies] Last: Now that someone has replied, it isn't possible to delete the post. Ju... (by Zhuge)
Bits bytes & Binary

Hey there, thanks for reading this. I have programmed c++ for almost 4 months now, and it came to my attention that I MUST understand bits bytes and binary. T...
[2 replies] Last: Each digit in binary represents a power of two. In base 10, the rightm... (by Zhuge)
Some beginner questions

1) I'm trying to make the most simple menu possible just to get started with functionality. I've written IDM_GENERICMENU in the resource file, made sure that lp...
[3 replies] Last: But if the menu thing is still eluding you - not to worry. Menus can ... (by freddie1)
Seeking help abou GUI as a beginner

I'm a new programmer and I have only solved the problems in command promp box at windows. But I want to learn to make e proper software which will have GUI.. Pl...
[19 replies] Last: Not sure how those are relevant? It's true that sometimes people go to... (by LB)
by yuske
IntelliDebugger for Visual Studio

Hi guys, We have released new features in IntelliDebugger, see http://intelliegg.com/. It's MSVS extension that makes debugging C++ code more convenient. Now...
[no replies]
Two window surface devices

Using a Simple Directmedia Library we can have a SDL_Surface struct I have used to have two SDL_Surface structures: 1 is my "picture of the screen" 2 is my...
[no replies]
by rourou
retrieve images from video with opencv2.0

hello, I want to know the number of frames in my video but "CV_CAP_PROP_FRAME_COUNT" return incorrect value, in fact i want to cut out the video into images. ...
[no replies]
Compile Errors

hello I was just seeing if my visual studio would compile correctly on my new pc and it keeps on saying that I am having errors even though I have done this man...
[2 replies] Last: thanks LB i got it working (by Pizza God)
Initialize WNDCLASS to {0}?

Are there any issues with initializing WNDCLASS to 0 in the following code? The program runs and the window launches. Just not sure if this is bad practice or n...
[5 replies] Last: I would personally add in one more WNDCLASS struct member initializati... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
October 2015 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [sep2015] [nov2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.