Beginners - August 2012 (Page 13)

Getter Function Not Being Updated

Hello! Fredbill30 here! I have just joined these forums, but thank you guys for helping me with my previous problems with C++. Anyway, lets get started: playe...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks Maniax! (by closed account N36fSL3A)
logical deleting and moving

Hi, Say if I have a list of things to be executed by position number destroy 1 create 2 destroy with more force 3 create more things 67 I came up with the ...
[2 replies] Last: Hi, I have a queue of things to execute, and A B C D E ... (by hitholdir)
Help me with my Switch statement.

here is my switch statement, it has a small problem. when I run this it does both cases, thus providing a wrong answer. I know I'm probably just missing somethi...
[5 replies] Last: use do...while loop #include <iostream> using namespace std; int m... (by Aceix)
Any other awesome,clear,and comprehensive books for learning C++ PLEASE???!!!

Hi! I've been teaching myself c++ using some books and tutorial articles. I'm in a university but they don't teach c++ instead they teach vb.net w/c I hate, so ...
[2 replies] Last: Yeah this sites tut is the best. cprogramming.com is a choice(comprehe... (by Aceix)
Euler 10

So, I'm trying to solve the tenth problem in the Euler Project. Basically, I want to sum the first 2 million prime numbers. By the way, I'm an applied mathemati...
[2 replies] Last: pow(i+1,i-1)=1 %i This doesn't just look weird. Ignoring pow()'s type... (by helios)
identifying words and sentances

I am attempting to write a code that takes a few words or sentences typed into one array, and split it up so the computer knows what each is(ie word, word, word...
[3 replies] Last: thanks, that was the problem and why it was in the beginner thread. (by totalwar235)
undefined error

I get undefined error and I haven't got a clue how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Important parts of codes are below: nr.h #include <v...
[8 replies] Last: Thank you. (by illario)
looping

write a C++ program that calculates and displays the yearly amount available if RM1000 is invested in a bank account for 10 year.Your program should display the...
[1 reply] : At least have a go and show your code. You probably won't get much he... (by MrHutch)
C++ If statements...

Hi, Im just wondering but Im used to doing Sourcemod coding which is C++ but some functions and such work diffrently, like for example with Sourcemod, an if sta...
[6 replies] Last: Ah thanks a lot dude :) (by Hazukiy)
Launching Screen C++

How can I make a screen like the one when you launch Visual Basic C++ Express and there is a screen in the center before it actually starts.
[3 replies] Last: Yeah Qt is good and free. Also try embarcadero's RAD studio C++ XE2. b... (by Aceix)
by ozza
Send Email using C++

Hi I'm using Dev C++ and am trying to figure out how to send an email from it. I've searched all over the internet but found nothing. Does anyone here know how?...
[8 replies] Last: all the piece of code does is to write those strings to a file. nothi... (by ThangDo)
crashing with fgets?

Edit: derp, free() was suppose to be outside the while loop Hi, When I execute this from a case switch, it prints out "Would you like to continue (y/n)") two t...
[1 reply] : On line 7: you compare two pointer which is in your case always true (by coder777)
loop is asking me twice instead of once

Hi, the below code should, if I press 1, ask me to continue, but it prints out Would you like to continue (y/n)Would you like to continue (y/n) instead o...
[2 replies] Last: YES i've figured it out, it sure is scanf the culprit, something about... (by hitholdir)
i need help on doing a loading screen

can any one help me? i want to make something like this ****** ****** then after 2 sec it will become like this ************ ************ then ag...
[11 replies] Last: ^Whoops, you're right. ( *** BRAIN FART *** ) !! (by whitenite1)
new here

new here and learning some C++
[1 reply] : Not so new here and still learning some C++ On a more serious note, w... (by Volatile Pulse)
Inline function

What is an inline function? What its duty? when we can use it? kindly show me a simple code.
[5 replies] Last: Thank you. (by prabhanuka)
If/Else Help

I'm workking on making a Rock, Paper Scissors text-based game in C++, and I have an if Statement that just keeps giving back whatever the last value is. ...
[3 replies] Last: First, all the conditional statements will all return true because onl... (by Shortrope)
by D4rk
Problem with rand()

I am having a issue with rand(), I only really half way through the tutorial so sorry if this is a obvious issue but was a bit bored so figured I would try to r...
[2 replies] Last: Seems to be good now I linked it with time like it says. Cheers for h... (by D4rk)
Dots - What are they?

Here's the code, but I only really need help with line 31; wasn't sure if you needed all the code. Here it is anyway. (Question continues after code) #includ...
[1 reply] : Some objects have members (member variables and member functions). For... (by Moschops)
Problems compiling

I am trying to follow along in a book I've been reading to learn C++ (C++ for dummies), and this code won't compile for me. Everything in it is exactly like the...
[8 replies] Last: I knew it had to be something simple lol. It's compiling just fine now... (by StockHunter)
August 2012 Pages: 1... 1112131415... 45
  Archived months: [jul2012] [sep2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.