Beginners - August 2012 (Page 12)

Factorial.

Hi all, I'm studying C++ and I wrote down a simple code to evaluate the factorial of a number using the recursivity property of functions. I can't understa...
[13 replies] Last: [quote=mentulapert]You said that for obvious reasons it is wrong, but ... (by helios)
template linking

Hello, how I can get it linked? nr.h namespace NR { template <typename T> T mpoint2(const std::map<T, T> &data, const T x); } template <typename T...
[1 reply] : I don't see a problem with the code you have posted. Could perhaps pos... (by Peter87)
by jaded7
Generalized functions

I am currently doing a university practical in which I am to partially implement the game/puzzle Mu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MU_puzzle). When the user sele...
[1 reply] : have a set of functions (...), but not have to define all of them ind... (by ne555)
Call by reference problem

Hi, I have a problem with a function which allocates memory for the caller. I do the following: #include <iostream> using namespace std; void tes...
[8 replies] Last: @techieboy - That's not going to work. (by MrHutch)
is there any way to put an image on c++? my compiler is dev-c++

is it possible to put an image in c++?? thanks for your reply
[2 replies] Last: thanks... (by maculhet)
by flixc
Troublesome if else statements

I have no idea what keeps going on with my if else statements. I have tried to layer them and they appear relatively complex but the compiler seems to ignore th...
[2 replies] Last: fideraco, so how would I go about making it true? would I equal it to ... (by flixc)
Ignoring !numbers from the input stream

Hey everyone, Is there a way to ignore anything that is not a number from the input stream? Thanks
[6 replies] Last: Wow a million thank you's! (by RastaWolf)
select first process arrived, sjf in scheduling process

Hello, i'm writing a code for non-preemptive shortest job first. here is my code #include<iostream> using namespace std; struct process{ in...
[10 replies] Last: any help? (by empror9)
Lib file "unrecognised or unsupported binary format" vs2010

What does it mean when a lib file is in an "unrecognised or unsupported binary format"? I'm trying to create a lib file and for my little engine for my project ...
[1 reply] : This appears to be a duplicate of http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/windo... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Visual Studio 2012 lacking c++

For those who downloaded visual studio 2012, is c++ available as a project option or not?
[7 replies] Last: i guess it fully f-ed then, so gcc6.7 is our route for c++11 (by Blessman11)
by kethgr
Reading user input into c-string

Hi everyone, I just started learning about c-strings, but I'm having a little trouble. For my class, we're not allowed to use strings, so I'm reliant on c-stri...
[4 replies] Last: I think!!!!! cin.ignore();// to delete auxiliary storage cin.g... (by Atuknguyentran)
This thing won't loop.

#include <iostream> using namespace std; So I'm going through this book on C++ and I got to this point with loops. It asked me to write a program that, if you ...
[2 replies] Last: In the first one, there are 2 problems: while(choice<1 && choice>2) ... (by georgep)
Naming conventions with multiple files?

So I know that, in general, files are named after their functions or their classes. But for a small project, I just want to throw all my classes, functions a...
[2 replies] Last: Okay, thanks. (by georgep)
by Yumix
Expected primary-expression before '>' token.

I'm stuck and can't seem to solve this issue. Here's the task that I need to do: "Ask the user for two users' ages and indicate who is older, behave differe...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for the help mate, you're a legend. (by Yumix)
command window wont stay put

when I run my program I cant get the command window to stay on screen long enough to read my results. How do I get the command window to stay put after I build ...
[9 replies] Last: actually i do and i see what ur saying (i was tired and wasnt thinking... (by Aramil of Elixia)
Textbook exercise

Hey everyone, I'm having trouble figuring out where to start with one of the exercises at the end of this chapter. Exercise: "The framing program wr...
[6 replies] Last: Oh okay, I think I know what you guys are getting at now. I will work... (by RastaWolf)
Problem with my function [canĀ“t find the solution]

Hello Iam writing a program for replace words in a sentence. Nothing special, because Iam a newbie ^.^ For example: "Whats your name?" Replacefunction(); "...
[2 replies] Last: random_number = rand() % 4 + 0; random_number gets a value in the ra... (by Peter87)
by zyphur
Need Help: Cin -->already stored array

Hi. So im confused as to how I go about doing this. I have preset arrays/classes of data. I'm trying to take whatever the user inputs and then have the program ...
[11 replies] Last: It is a pointer to a pointer. http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/po... (by Aceix)
Celsius to Fahrenheit using Pass by Values

I cant seem to make it work can anyone help me? #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> float cf(int *c) { float fen; fen = (1.8 * (*c)) ...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks Maniax. C++ code: #include <iostream> using namespace std; ... (by Aceix)
reading data sequentially from text file

I would like to read data sequentially from a text file but I want to read different lines from the text file in different subroutines. Say I use code like ...
[5 replies] Last: Seem to be making progress. Thanks a lot for your help! Paul (by phussar)
August 2012 Pages: 1... 1011121314... 45
  Archived months: [jul2012] [sep2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.