Beginners - August 2012 (Page 8)

visual c++ express 2010

Sorry to post this here but I'm not getting any feedback from the microsoft forums. Maybe somebody here already had the same problem and has a solution. (really...
[2 replies] Last: thx for the feedback. I already had a look at those page but the didn'... (by cpascariello)
Camera in 2D platformer game

Hi, I'm currently developing a 2D side-scrolling platformer game using SFML. How do I stop the camera from moving when it reaches the edges of the level ?
[2 replies] Last: Thank you Peter87 , the first one worked really well. (by Wisely Done)
by hu7sy
not executing main file why??

#include<iostream> using namespace std; struct Date { unsigned short day; unsigned short month; unsigned short year; }; class list { priva...
[7 replies] Last: Then do it.... (by Dash)
If statement help

if (choice == "Yes") { Sleep (wait); cout <<"."; Sleep (wait); cout <<"."; Sleep (wait); cout <<".\n"; cout << "You got shot."; cin.g...
[3 replies] Last: Use while or do-while statement. (by vlad from moscow)
One-Dimension Array Problem

Help me out, my professor gave us this problem, I can't figure it out. And I also do not have a C++ program in my PC because it's too low-tech and no internet. ...
[1 reply] : [quote=chrstian]Can you create a version of the program that I'm askin... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
HELP PLEASE!!!:)

Im seriously new to C++ and any programming language. I do software design as a subject at school. I have an assignment where I have to write a tic tac toe game...
[1 reply] : Hi there, For the first two errors: line: 17 error: expected ',' or... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Trying to compare the lenghts of strings in a vector

Hey everyone, I realized you can get the length of a string in a vector by using something like: vector<string> words; words.push_back("cat"); wo...
[6 replies] Last: Stewbond, thank you so much for explaining that to me! I was at a tot... (by RastaWolf)
Need help!!

void kbc:: ask() { char ch201= 201; char ch200= 200; char ch187= 187; char ch186= 186; char ch188= 188; char ch205= 205; int c; do {clrscr(); got...
[4 replies] Last: @smile58 Using console, I don't believe so. You're pretty much st... (by whitenite1)
Hmm C++ win32 console app is not working properly, any thoughts?

So I am writing a Win 32 console application that must do the following; 1. It should accept a series of names and addresses from the console. 2. The user'...
[2 replies] Last: Okay so i edited my code to do the following but im having a problem w... (by jerwolfenstien)
by ToniAz
printf() Stops My Application from Carshing?!

THIS is ridiculous! Just today I've been reassuring myself that the compiler isn't evil and doesn't want to play tricks on me when this happens: I opened a 2 w...
[11 replies] Last: Okay, so here's some information: Reason why application crashed at ... (by ToniAz)
Trying to put pieces of a string in a vector

Hey Everyone, I'm trying to explode a string and put each word in a vector. I don't know how to use stringstream yet, and I'm trying to get practice at usi...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks LowestOne, I just implemented your suggestion and it works like... (by RastaWolf)
How to display files in a directory

Hello, I am trying to find a way to display files in a certain directory. I have tried many things, including Google, but that wasn't very helpful as it has con...
[7 replies] Last: I guess today just isn't my day, :P (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Precision

I've been given a problem in c to compute precision for a given reference value. Given this prototype... double PrecisionVersusBase ( double base) precisi...
[2 replies] Last: The syntax that makes sense to me is this: double PrevisionVersusBas... (by Lowest0ne)
just curious...

Is it possible to center or right-justify text in a console app?
[1 reply] : Yes - why not? The windows shell has got a width of 80 letters. You c... (by F4B1An)
Help in var!!

Hi world. I have one problem in my new project... One part of the code is this: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int name, yourobject, sc...
[6 replies] Last: Yeah, now I already understand xDD I make the code with other system,... (by puntoinfinito)
Creating a multi-dimensional dynamic array

Hi, I'm trying to create a multi-dimensional dynamic array, with one dimension as a fixed value. I've tried something like this: int fixedVal = 15; in...
[5 replies] Last: @Lowest One Thanks for broadening my knowledge!!! (by Aceix)
by samrux
Global variabes and class variables

So everyone knows that global variables are bad (most of the time), but is it ok to put a variable in a class to acces to it indirectly from any part of the pro...
[9 replies] Last: Hi there, The advantage of JLBorges approach is first and foremost th... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
by MK1
Book

Hi , guys . I Want to learn c++ because i need to know scripting for unity and other games engine but i am so begginer , please i need a Good Book for learning...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks man it's cool book xD Also I Find Principles and Practice on a... (by MK1)
by Zeph78
Need help on understanding Dynamic memory more

Hey everyone, I have been dealing with how to actually use this for a while now and it has been stopping my progress on a program I'm trying to make. I'm worki...
[1 reply] : Hi there, You will want to look into class constructors and destructo... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
by Rick90
[HL1] Create my own monster

Hi, I'm impressed that Alien Grunt's in Sven Co-op throwing a snark/squeak nest and wanted to trying to make the same for my own mod. But I'm new to C++ (no...
[1 reply] : Hi there, You may have better luck asking this question in the "gener... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
August 2012 Pages: 1... 678910... 45
  Archived months: [jul2012] [sep2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.