Beginners - August 2012 (Page 9)

api type

Hi I have a question. i want use winapi. Winapi uses new types as HANDLE,DWORD... Why api using their own types? thx sorry for my english
[8 replies] Last: There is another reason that Microsoft has it's own definition of DWOR... (by AbstractionAnon)
Reading total amount in binary files

Hello, I would ask how to read how many total characters are in a binary file. For example, the following strings are written in a binary file Helloworld/0asd...
[5 replies] Last: ne555 has given you pseudo code because, you're right, it's not that h... (by Lowest0ne)
by weegee
The window close down before the process finish

Hi everyone, i was doing my homework, it's about a simple menu, and when I started to put the name, and other words, the window close down before the process fi...
[3 replies] Last: Ok, thank you ^^ I already undersand (by weegee)
literal numbers small error.

hello i have a function that gets the amount of letters a number has when you write it litterally. for example: 1->one->3 characters 15->fifteen->7 character...
[1 reply] : return letters[(i-(i%100))/100]+letters4 +3+amount_of_letters(i%100);... (by ne555)
by Dunii
If-Then with && and || passes when it shouldn't

I'm introducing myself to C++ and have been working on a Tic-Tac-Toe program. I'm using #include <stdio.h> My large amount of block if-then statements sometimes...
[3 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/control/ and next When the funct... (by ne555)
Changed function return type still thinks its void.

Hi I had a void function which I have now changed to return an int but somehow the compiler still thinks it is a void giving me "void value not ignored as ...
[2 replies] Last: Code is long but here is some pseudocode class A{ public: v... (by Swizzler)
by jk93
Pass By Reference - Char Array

Hey Guys, From the coding, how can I pass a word instead of a character only? #include <iostream> using namespace std; void print(char &); void pri...
[5 replies] Last: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7902433/passing-array-arguments-by-... (by closed account j2NvC542)
Hello world executable is over 3MB

I am just learning c++ and successfully compiled and ran HelloWorld (I do extensive coding in Matlab, and used to code a bit in C but have basically forgotten C...
[4 replies] Last: You could try passing the -s flag to the compiler. It often reduces th... (by Peter87)
Stack Size

Hello, I would like to ask how much in average is the stack size ? I would like to create a simple game using SFML, and I wonder if I should allocate memory ...
[4 replies] Last: If you create a sf::Image on the stack only sizeof(sf::Image) bytes wi... (by Peter87)
personality assessment test in c++

This is a program that simulates a test regarding how girly or manly a person is. well, im the one proposed this to the professor as a project but i didnt know ...
[1 reply] : Well, you can make a function for every question. In that function, yo... (by CosminNTG)
fstream

anyone i have a problem understanding this fstream my instructor gave me a problem regarding this topic here it is! write a program that will get the averag...
[5 replies] Last: I'd rather not just give you the answer to the problem, but here's a f... (by ascii)
im having trouble verifying an alpha numeric input...

my program needs to ask for a number and when the input is alphabet it will say invalid input, but when the input is is alphanumeric it still accept it. how can...
[1 reply] : cout<<"Enter Transmission | "; ... (by maculhet)
by maroun
const problem... can't find it

Hey all, The error is: Error 1 error C2678: binary '=' : no operator found which takes a left-hand operand of type 'const std::string' (or there is no acc...
[4 replies] Last: The key is used to construct the map, so you can't happily change it. ... (by ne555)
by scopez
sprites

i have been scripting c++ for 2 years now. i have just moved on to scripting into allegro. i have made a character move up down left and right but i had to get ...
[no replies]
encryption

Afternoon all, Here for homework of course. I am to take an input of something like: my name is bob and output an encrypted form of it. With that informatio...
[4 replies] Last: simple enough, works now, and thanks (by shadoweyeone)
Does anybody know how to make a sprite appear in front of a background?

Well, the title says it all I was wondering how to make a sprite appear in front of a background using the allegro library cause when i make the background the ...
[2 replies] Last: oh, ok thanks (by deathdealer97)
error with converting const char * to int.

i am writing a code that should put some numbers in a const char * variable into an integer array but my ouputs are totally wrong. can someone tell me what i am...
[3 replies] Last: I would do as ne555 suggests, and modify you first loop to print out w... (by andywestken)
by admkrk
Confused with arrays

Howdie, I've been stumbling over this for a couple days and could use a little help. I only need pseudocode but trying to write it out regular has gotten me fa...
[6 replies] Last: Good catch Anthony, I thought I had tried adding the braces and it did... (by admkrk)
Logic Error

//********************************************************************* // FUNCTION: ReadRecordsFromFile // DESCRIPTION: reads records from the file Residen...
[1 reply] : Read the error messages. The compiler prints them specially for you. (by vlad from moscow)
by hu7sy
what wrong with this problem?? m begineer

#include<iostream> #include<conio.h> using namespace std; class counter{ private : int *myarray; public: void count(int *myarray, int n); int ...
[9 replies] Last: At first I thought it was stuck on something but it was just waiting f... (by Anthony Hernandez)
August 2012 Pages: 1... 7891011... 45
  Archived months: [jul2012] [sep2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.