Beginners - August 2012 (Page 7)

Questions of c++ codes being used

I saw this code on the net a while agao but i cant seems to understand why he uses structs combos and strcpy can anyone explain to me? #include <iostream> #inc...
[4 replies] Last: Because that's what he decided to use when making the program. He cou... (by Anthony Hernandez)
Critique my code

Hey everyone, First off, I'm a superN00b programmer so this is not very advanced. I just finished a project that does some textual analysis by exploding strin...
[4 replies] Last: So every time I want to use 'i' as a counter I should use a for loop? ... (by RastaWolf)
struct vs class

I am writing a sudoku-type game, and I want to have a random generator call a game from a list of saved games. Should I use a struct, a class, or something else...
[7 replies] Last: I'm guessing you can't use inheritance with structs, but I'm probably... (by Disch)
game help

hey, I posted earlier witha really bad code which I developed for an assignment. I am doing software design as a subject at school and with not C++ experience a...
[13 replies] Last: I just put the called functions above the main program instead of unde... (by Fallenfantasy182)
by Ch1156
Can i do this?

Ok so i am working on pointers and its going well but referencing stuff in the constructors can get hectic, especially when i have 7 different things that need ...
[5 replies] Last: for the player to enter their name getline(cin, n.name); (by Ch1156)
by Aceix
How to display strings randomly...

Is there anyway I can display strings randomly in C++? eg: string a,b; a="Chicken tigh."; b="Fish"; then when I open the program, it displays either ...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you all!!! (by Aceix)
Multiple function definition when using custom header files

Hello. I've recently been trying to take a giant mess of code that I'm working on and split it into small, more convenient files by adding various .h and .cpp f...
[9 replies] Last: Well, I wasn't exactly able to resolve the problem, but I was able to ... (by dawtsf1187)
Getting back into C++

I used to know more when i was younger but slacked off for certain reasons. Right now I'm trying to relearn the basics. I figure a good way is to write a pro...
[2 replies] Last: Here are some links that will help you http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tu... (by Maniax)
What is the meaning of //<start id="simple"> ... //<end id="simple">

I am a beginner. I'm seeing code like: // Simple doc //<start id="simple"> BSONObjBuilder simple; simple.genOID().append("username", "J...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for the help! (by therefore)
c++ n00b woes

hello as a newbie to C++ I was wondering and I know this gets debated alot what the big war between C++ and c is all about. I have been googling this for age...
[8 replies] Last: its hard not to pick back at ppl who are generally think the sun shin... (by Dash)
by Zeph78
I have a question about the heap and constructor/destructors

Hey everyone, I have yet another question on allocated objects on the heap. Lets say I have an object and I allocate memory for it: Object *object = new Obj...
[6 replies] Last: No, you don't need to perform any deletes in the function. You're pas... (by MrHutch)
Getting Word Frequency From Vector

Hi, Hopefully you can help:) I am trying to figure out how I would be able to count how many times each element of a vector of strings was entered; Googled i...
[8 replies] Last: I changed the code again and now got a little further I hope:) void ... (by sayswho)
Am I too old to make a career out of programming?

I know this is extremely selfish of me, but I could really use a boost. I'm 29 and stuck in a career I really don't like. It's long been a dream of mine to lear...
[4 replies] Last: [quote=EindacorDS]Is there anyone that decided to pick this stuff up i... (by MrHutch)
trying to get these if statements to work T^T

Hey Everyone, I can't seem to figure out how to get these if statements to work properly. I'm at the point where I just want to see how to do this properly...
[5 replies] Last: Okay I see, so the conditional operator was created in order to save t... (by RastaWolf)
Not sure if this is beginner, but...

I am making a sudoku type game and its a console app, so I am coding the arrows to move the cursor. The cursor is going to be simply changing the color of the ...
[7 replies] Last: No, but you can find all the win32 API codes for them here: http://ms... (by kaseron)
by samrux
Color changing function for printing text

So posting in this forum to help someone (http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/77879/), I noticed that the function I tought of did'nt work as I would want. ...
[3 replies] Last: @samrux Very nicely done. I'm not sure why the color variable still c... (by whitenite1)
by Cobby
Need help with code reduction please. New and don't know where to start??

Square.h #ifndef SQUARE_H #define SQUARE_H static char VigSquare = { {'a','b','c','d','e','f','g','h','i','j','k','l','m','n','o','p','q','r','...
[9 replies] Last: Well, this... Only one thing, as I'm not very good: You can make char ... (by samrux)
Buffer overflow!? Please HELP!

Hi people, my names Mark i'm new to this forum. I have been asked to listen vulnerabilities in this piece of code, focusing on buffer overflow etc. I am struggl...
[5 replies] Last: Right - thanks for clearing that up, I think I had a faulty idea of wh... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Assorted questions

1: How do you define multi-dimensional arrays? I thought it was like this: int array ={1,2,3} {4,5,6} {7,8,9}; but that gives...
[8 replies] Last: Well, for me it works perfectly when using getch() (by samrux)
by F4B1An
wxWidgets MSYS problem

Hey guys, I tried to setup wxWidgets on Windows with MSYS and MinGW. I used the MinGW Shell (MSYS) to build and install the library. My procedure: 1) ...
[7 replies] Last: My bad...I thought that wxWidgets was a header. (by kaseron)
August 2012 Pages: 1... 56789... 45
  Archived months: [jul2012] [sep2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.