Beginners - August 2017 (Page 2)

How can I calculate variables from base/derived class functions?

Hello, I am trying to work out coordinates in a base class using a member function. Whilst I know I have the correct formula, I keep getting the following o...
[4 replies] Last: Hello, I think I got it by using an operator function in the circle ... (by Shishykish)
Compiler sends wrong syntax error

I have a "kolekcija" class with 2 template classes which work finely when testing in main with the Kolekcija<int, int> but when used in pair with "Osoba" class ...
[1 reply] : I've improved what I could. If this is not an exercise or an assignmen... (by Enoizat)
How to write a Pseudo code for a C++ application?

How to write a pseudo code for C++ application like this, #include <iostream> using namespace std; //Inputs char input; //structures. struct custo...
[5 replies] Last: Guyz thnx all.. U guyz did a really great help for me.. and Handy Andy... (by closed account iyRG3TCk)
by Bopaki
Error: no match for operator=

On the program below I get get this error when compling: 20 11 C:\Dev-Cpp\MAlikChapter13\Example13-11.cpp no match for 'operator=' (operand types are 'std:...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you all. That problem error of (operator=) have disappeared. And... (by Bopaki)
why does the message in my program get printed at different number locations in thread

I was watching this tutorial and following is the code. The line "Beauty is only skin deep" gets printed at different position of number i, why does this happen...
[1 reply] : Your computer has many running processes. The OS decides when and how ... (by keskiverto)
is this a good practice to you ???

i just need your opinion ,does my coding are good practice ,pleaseee tell me what do you guys think,i think its missing something but i dont know where #incl...
[10 replies] Last: learn to comment your code. (by SamuelAdams)
what would be some good practice?

still somewhat new to C++ so far I have made the basic hello world program, I have made a program that asks a question and depending on the answer it opens an i...
[3 replies] Last: Something that would be useful to you or recreate something that alrea... (by SamuelAdams)
how would you type this equation

How would i write this equation in c++ z = (1 + (x/12)) ^ (12 * y) i wrote it as z = (1 + (x / 12)) * pow(12, y) something about it see...
[3 replies] Last: Just remember to be very strict with programming, use your BEDMAS rule... (by bradltr95)
by NBboi
Running .cpp files in the command line

Hello, my intro C++ course is requiring us to run our .cpp files in the command line. I downloaded and set up paths for mingw files. However, every time I try t...
[10 replies] Last: means run the command A , and then afterwards run the command B Almo... (by keskiverto)
Copying a Char Array into a struct with 2d char array?

Trying to fill a struct that has 200 items in it. I haven't even gotten to the double Value yet...I need to get the list of names from a file first. #def...
[1 reply] : Assuming that the name is stored as a null terminated string, somethin... (by JLBorges)
base class pointers array to deriveds class

i write a program that got an abstract base class and some deriveds classes as well, in the main file i have to create an array of pointers (of the base class ...
[3 replies] Last: Try not to copy this Both literally and figuratively. Doing so will... (by mbozzi)
how to include cout.fill

how to fill cout.fill in my coding ,i still cant run it even though i put it under char #include<iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int age; ...
[4 replies] Last: I see no attempt to call cout.fill() in the code you posted. Please ... (by AbstractionAnon)
by xx1182
I don't get why it is not compiling

So, basically i'm trying to make a program, but that is not the point. It should work, i'm sure. But i don't get why: class Hi{ public: Hi(); }; Hi::Hi(...
[3 replies] Last: Hello xx1182, I believe what is happening here is that "Class.cpp" is... (by Handy Andy)
by Tobruk
Including boost::nowide either as standalone version or part of Boost fails

Hello. I'm trying to use boost::nowide and I'm struggling to make it all work. First I tried with standalone version of nowide that does not require any pre-...
[4 replies] Last: The project is too big to show in full, but what I tried to do to narr... (by Tobruk)
How can I display 2 calculated varibles from an object of a class using a member function?

Hello, I have developed a coin flip simulator using classes and member functions. I have been able to use rand() to seed and determine heads and tails. From...
[2 replies] Last: Hello, Thanks Thomas! I can see that by doing a double / integer wou... (by Shishykish)
by muratk
Old Mcdonald program

Why am i getting error her ? void Verse(string animal, string noise) { cout << "Old McDonald had a farm, " ; cout << "Ei-igh , Ee-igh, oh !"<< endl; c...
[2 replies] Last: Hello lastchance , Thanks for help ! Regards, (by muratk)
How to convert weekly pay to monthly

Hello all, I am trying to convert my weekly gross pay to a monthly pay in C++. I have everything in place but I need the code to put in to make week 4 turn to...
[3 replies] Last: > Puts the character ch back to the input stream so the next extracted... (by JLBorges)
Basic credit Limit

After the first customer's case It should display the "Enter the account number: "(of 2nd customer)..but it displays "Enter the beginning balance:".. I know the...
[4 replies] Last: #Blongho Thnx! that was very very helpful. :D (by closed account iyRG3TCk)
Where am i going wrong?[Recursively replace'pi' with '3.14']

This is what i have to do- changePi("xpix") → "x3.14x" changePi("pipi") → "3.143.14" changePi("pip") → "3.14p" When i run it, it doesnt print the array, j...
[1 reply] : you create another `b' each time you call the function, so when you pr... (by ne555)
by Dagr
How to use char(type) in function

Hello guyz how are u? I have one problem here so let me show it here. As i know char type means 1 character in code and it need ' ' symbols and also I know that...
[1 reply] : You have several problems, did you compile your code? If so it would h... (by jlb)
August 2017 Pages: 1234... 17
  Archived months: [jul2017] [sep2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.