Beginners - December 2011 (Page 43)

by Raust
Expected primary-expression before"char"

Date class with member functions Any help would be appreciated. A few of my errors C:\Dev-Cpp\Templates\Date2.0.cpp In function `int main()': 18 C:\Dev-...
[4 replies] Last: Ok. Will not happen again. (by Raust)
error code?

My code is as follows: #include<iostream> #include<cmath> using namespace std; double SalaryCalculator(double sales); int main() { double gross(0)...
[2 replies] Last: Got it! Thank you sir! (by AARON HENDERSON)
by sipher
Polymorphism problem-help please

Hello all, I am working on a project for my C++ course; I have all of it written out (all the classes, and the main). A little background on the project: I h...
[6 replies] Last: No, I am using delete inside the loop where I am using createCoinOrDie... (by sipher)
by vnh71
fscanf EOF problem

I have a simple text file that contains this: A B B C E X C D (newline here) I want to capture the non-whitespace characters from the file and ent...
[4 replies] Last: Aha - I left the original fscanf at the end of the for loop. Works no... (by vnh71)
Rewriting reference as pointers

So I have a homework problem that requires me to rewrite a function that uses reference variables as parameters into one that uses pointers as parameters instea...
[2 replies] Last: Here you go (I hope no Edit button thread activists are around): http... (by Catfish)
Allowing user to increment between lines.

Is there a way to allow the user to enter a value to increment between lines?
[3 replies] Last: I have it! Thanks for the help! (by AARON HENDERSON)
by sweezy
Please Help (Pt 2) Lol

So I changed some things around and now this is the Error I get when trying to compile... TP.cc:15:9: error: missing terminating " character TP.cc:15: error...
[2 replies] Last: im pretty sure that --- isn't helping (by Aramil of Elixia)
So easy I am clueless!

My program makes the first conversion and then stops! Can you see where I am going wrong? #include<iostream> #include<cmath> #include<iomanip> using name...
[2 replies] Last: change Tempconversion (Tf) to Tempconversion (Tc). (by AoZplusplus)
by sweezy
Please help. What am I doing wrong?

I keep getting this error : TP.cc:18: error: line extends beyond 80 columns This is my code; #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() ...
[6 replies] Last: TP.cc:15:9: error: missing terminating " character TP.cc:15: error: mi... (by sweezy)
by flutok
Tokens

Ive been going through the book " Programming Principles and Practice using C++ " and got to a problem: When I tried compiling this in Code::Blocks(GNU GCC) ...
[10 replies] Last: That line is supposed to convert input into tokens, but you haven't ac... (by Cuddlebuddie928)
by PopEye
Function Won't Show Text w/ Dynamic Memory Allocation

#include <iostream> using namespace std; short*MAX = NULL; void applyTests (short ); void displayTests (short ); int main (void) { short ntests; ...
[2 replies] Last: @Peter87 Holy cow! I can't believe I actually did that. I need some... (by PopEye)
NEED HELP ON MERGING 2 ARRAYS IN ONE

I need help on merging two arrays in one. Here is the question: Write a function named concat with 4 args: an array of ints, the number of elements in that a...
[1 reply] : Never mind guys I had it figured out. This is my final output #incl... (by RICEFREAK)
for loop w/ while statement misadventure

I have a function which, in a perfect world, is supposed to list 9 lines of data about store inventory (string, integers, doubles), and it does now, without any...
[no replies]
NEED HELP FIXING THE PROGRAM

I can't figure out how to fix the loop for the program to work correctly and for it to display right..Please help.. DrinkMachineInventory.txt- Coca-Cola 0....
[no replies]
file compression

I am trying to write the Huffman code for file compression. Although I understand the basic idea of enumerating the characters and assigning the new bit codes, ...
[8 replies] Last: @ Catfish Your example uses vocabulary that will confuse the OP -- yo... (by Duthomhas)
by ro916
structures

I'm new to this, so bare with me..... I have the following structs in RTC.h typedef struct { BYTE sec; BYTE min; BYTE hour; // (24 hour format) ...
[no replies]
if statement with strings

i got a problem i'm trying to see if the value for string cmd is set i use if (cmd.length>0) but i get error ( invalid use of member (did you forget the...
[4 replies] Last: You have to read input before checking the input. Also calling main is... (by Peter87)
by Nacher
C++ Basic Calculator

Hi, my name is Justin and I'm new to C++ and this forum. I have been following TheNewBoston's tutorial about C++. He showed me how to make a simple calculator. ...
[4 replies] Last: Ok thanks guys! I sure will. (by Nacher)
wchar, I need some examples

Besides type char, I saw one larger type that contains all characters avaiable... May I use this to see some Chinese character in console ?
[3 replies] Last: because strlen does not return the required information when dealing w... (by JMJAtlanta)
by Syok
Sequence of numbers, periods, repeating subsequences...

Hi. I need to write a program that checks if a sequence of numbers entered by the user is periodic(by saying periodic I mean that the whole sequence consists on...
[no replies]
December 2011 Pages: 1... 4142434445... 47
  Archived months: [nov2011] [jan2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.