Beginners - February 2013 (Page 58)

Loop keeps returning original input?

Hi there - very, very new to C++. Tried to look for a similar problem on the forum (and other websites), but when comparing my program to successful ones, there...
[4 replies] Last: [quote=Daleth]Since you're dealing with prices and percentages, use fl... (by LB)
How to exit an iteration (for loop)

Hey guys, I want to know if there is any keyword that can be used to exit an iteration, but not the entire loop.. for example if i want to print the numbers fr...
[7 replies] Last: @Lynx876 You're completely missing the point. It doesn't make anything... (by LB)
Need a screenshot of a basic program...

I'm taking a class on programming with C++ but I've been having A LOT of trouble installing the necessary software to do my homework and practice problems. Tha...
[8 replies] Last: [quote=Rocket Power]What command do you have to type in the command pr... (by MrHutch)
Press up arrow?

How to do you make that so when you press the up arrow it couts something? and also, how to you overwrite a cout?
[19 replies] Last: Just use something simple like SFML. It is quite easy to draw text, it... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
by Ch1156
Where do you put typedef?

Do i need to put typedef in main or in my class? or do i make it global? Do i put it in a seperate function? what d i do with typedefs?
[2 replies] Last: A typedef has whatever scope you define it to have. If you create a... (by AbstractionAnon)
Fibonacci Program

Hi guys, I need to write a program to display the first 30 Fibonacci numbers using 1 loop. I'm not sure what a Fibonacci number is and so I'm drawing a blank. ...
[3 replies] Last: That's true, a loop will suffice. I think because it is often used to ... (by Oria)
Problem with getting an average from a function

Hey guys, bit of a problem here. We're just getting into functions in my C++ class, and I'm having trouble getting the average to go to main to be output. It al...
[4 replies] Last: Makes sense, won't make that mistake in the future. Thank you for the ... (by SB Onyx)
Combine SDL with console or windows buttons

There are a lot of tutorials available on SDL, and there are a lot of tutorials available on console programming. The problem is, I have no idea how to combine ...
[1 reply] : From my experience, SDL does not play nice with widgetry libs because ... (by Disch)
taking 1 interger away and then checking if divisle by certain numbers

I am asked to do this "Ask the user to enter an integer greater than 1000. Remove the final digit. If the resulting integer is evenly divisible by 3 or 5 or 9...
[3 replies] Last: What would be the correct answer for 1100 then? removing the final di... (by simpleasy)
Constructor

I have to write a program based of this header file and I can't even get the constructor right. Will someone show me how to do it? Thanks. // File: Peg.h ...
[9 replies] Last: As I don't really know what the class is supposed to to, all I can do ... (by maeriden)
by ane
convert integer to string, nothing work

I need convert a integer to string, already try the function itoa, stringstream and other, but nothing work. string noDestino ; for (int j=0; j <NUMHOST;...
[6 replies] Last: thanks, work!!!!!!!!!!! (by ane)
by rcast
Bitwise and Shift for compression

Would bitwise operators and shift operators be a good way to create your own compression software? For example, could I take a file and determine the bits with...
[9 replies] Last: I understand too little on this subject. I'll find it out in my readin... (by rcast)
issues with scope, among other things

for every method in my cpp file for a simple stack postfix calculator, the compiler returns the error that the stack I am using is 'not declared in this scope'....
[14 replies] Last: and, error free! thanks, internet! (by jamesfalter)
read data into an array

Hello, so im trying to read an unknown number of numbers into an array, then do some math to those numbers. Im stuck on reading the data into an array...I cant ...
[5 replies] Last: Stewbond, I appreciate your willingness to help, but im required to us... (by Aerion4)
Wont Compile

I cant figure out why it wont compile right. If anyone can help me with this please help! #include <iostream> using namespace std; // constant const int siz...
[5 replies] Last: Can someone help with my move function? Before this line ("Enter p (pr... (by closed account z8q4izwU)
by mirec
Comment me

#include <iostream> #include <windows.h> #include <fstream> #include <ctime> using namespace std; void updateThingsHere(); int sec; int hisHappines, his...
[8 replies] Last: hey James I tryed your for loop but it didn t exactly worked because ... (by mirec)
search case printing out unwanted things.

Hi guys. Can someone help debug my code? My case is working perfectly fine but there is some weird results. For example. in the list there would be. Nam...
[1 reply] : Use a debugger and watch the values of the locals (the variables in th... (by snow 56767)
Need help on decrypting/not sure how to start.

Assignment: Write a C++ program to decrypt a 12 character message located in a file named “encrypted.txt” then print the decrypted message to the screen ...
[3 replies] Last: What if the file to be read is not there? You need to be able to catch... (by Lynx876)
need help to show most repeated character

#include "stdafx.h" #include <conio.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> void main() { for (int i=0;i<strlen(nt);i++) Tab =int(nt ); for (int i...
[5 replies] Last: i ran my program on visual studio, it worked normally without any err... (by SeanKD)
by Peter7
Create a matrix struct

So i am trying to create a structure that contains information about a matrix, and trying to initialize that matrix by putting every element 0. I get no errors,...
[2 replies] Last: Play is a pointer, notice the typedef. There is no compile problem. (by Peter7)
February 2013 Pages: 1... 5657585960... 67
  Archived months: [jan2013] [mar2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.