Beginners - January 2013 (Page 12)

How can I use C++ and where to start?

Hi, I'm currently trying to learn how to program. I'm 15 and I only know basic Java. I've decided to attempt C++ but I have no idea how to start, I will try loo...
[1 reply] : Where to learn: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/ http://www.lear... (by JockX)
by nekom
C++ two dimensional char array

when I have a "table": 8*8 and i want to make a program that will change every '+' to 1, and everything else to 0. Example: dkghft++ gfh++hfg sad+fdg+ hgfh+gfh...
[3 replies] Last: thank you, it's working now.. (by nekom)
How do I change the content of a file

Hello, I have always wondered how do I change the content of a file using a c++ code. Can anyone tell me how? Thanks in advance.
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/files/ that's good to read if y... (by cPlusN00b)
Not sure which function is not quite right

Its a program to read 'sensitive' words, then read a message and censor out the sentences with sensitive words. One of the sensitive words is 'phone'. The sente...
[4 replies] Last: Awesome! That was it. Thank you sooooo much! (by monkeybutt)
Need Help!

I have a assignment for class and I am not sure where I went wrong. Here is the assignment: Prompt the user to enter an item name (one word only), a quantity a...
[6 replies] Last: and don't forget to put this at the top! #include <iostream> oh and ... (by cPlusN00b)
by Zunft
Passing an Object through a function

________Main.cpp________ class obj {...} obj obj1; obj obj2; bool colla1 = Collidea1(0, obj1, obj2); ______testCollide.cpp_______ bool Colli...
[1 reply] : Try to pass a pointer to the function. Function signature: bool Colli... (by guerreiro)
Calculator v. 1.6

#include <iostream.h> #include <cstdlib> int main () { system("color 3f"); int choice1; int choice2; int choice3; int result; for (;;) { do { ...
[8 replies] Last: while( true ) { char choice ; std::cout << "\n" ... (by htirwin)
Get file names in C++

Hello I`m now learning Allegro 5 in C++, and now I`m using "sprite sheets" to make animations. I have idea to make program, that makes sprite sheets from many ...
[no replies]
Introductory Level - Switch Statements and Cases

I am at the beginning stages of earning my Bachelors in Computer Science. Unfortunately, I missed my second lab due to a snowstorm, and I am struggling to figu...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks, My code seems to be working, but another question - how do I ... (by btkircher)
Complete Beginner

I am beginner, I have no understanding of programming besides wanting to learn it. I have started using Xoax.net as a starting point. My question is are there...
[5 replies] Last: Ahhh! Are there any other books that I should look into. Is Thinking i... (by GroupXZ)
included .cpp files

My understanding is that when a project written in C++ gets compiled, the program executes the main() function, and then nothing else unless a function is calle...
[3 replies] Last: [quote=billywilliams]" all statements/declarations/methods will be, an... (by closed account zb0S216C)
tic tac toe problem

#include<iostream> #include<conio.h> using namespace std; char square = {'o','1','2','3','4','5','6','7','8','9'}; void box(); int checkwin(); int main(...
[4 replies] Last: i have changed the code to this: for(a=1;(a<=9);a++) { int b; s... (by abeginner23235616)
unresolved external

Hello all! This is my header code, my1.h: extern int t; void print(int); void print_t(); And this the my2.cpp code: #include <my1.h> #include <iostream> v...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you for all you nice guys, especially cire . The problem solv... (by r abbasi)
by Pebble
Decltype.

When i run the following program, I cant figure out why the value of a is changed when the value of d is incremented. I think it's got to be due to a reference ...
[4 replies] Last: Thank's the replies, Sorted. (by Pebble)
Not Working for some reason

I'm new to c++ but i just try to make a simple text based game and the cin command wasnt working for the second time i was using it here is a chuck of my code. ...
[7 replies] Last: You send a stream (std::cin) to a char pointer (for one or more chars ... (by tmihos)
Conversion failure (strings to int and double)

I've made the conversions of strings to a int and a double but it displays errors. Can someone help/tell me what I did wrong. #include <iostream> #includ...
[3 replies] Last: > conversions of strings to a int and a double If the implementation ... (by JLBorges)
Read text only not numbers from a file

Hello everyone, I have a text file Mike 1200 John 350 Jen 1500 Tara 700 Michelle 2000 Kevin 500 Matt 450 Kim 200 i need to create two arrays, one sho...
[2 replies] Last: read 1st Name and store this name read 1st number and do nothing read ... (by tmihos)
Why the 2nd else if is never working D:

#include<string.h> #include<stdio.h> #include<iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int j,flag=0; char ara ,arb ; j=0; gets(ara); ...
[3 replies] Last: #include<string.h> #include<stdio.h> #include<iostream> using namespa... (by tmihos)
Error: cannot convert `std::string' to `const char*' for argument `1' to `int std::strcmp(const char*, const char*)'

Hello All, I'm new to C++ programming, for practice i'm building a basic currency converter, i'm receiving the error "cannot convert `std::string' to `const ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks all for your support. It is now clear for me and working fine :... (by Barbosa)
by orly24
How to move objects? in c++?

hi. i want to draw an object in C, and then i want to move the object according to the user's input. That is if the user presses the left arrow, the object sho...
[4 replies] Last: @orly24: do you work with the console? (by Fransje)
January 2013 Pages: 1... 1011121314... 52
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.