Beginners - June 2012 (Page 45)

New Member (w/ Code)

I have been searching the forums for a while now and I love how much experience you guys have. Most of you seem very knowledgeable and very helpful so I decided...
[11 replies] Last: Thanks Disch. But I have recently run into a new problem with my menu ... (by Volatile Pulse)
Sorting of Vowels and consonants via Linked Lists

Hi Guyz. I've been given a task to write a program that prompts the user to input a text, and the program calculates the number of vowels & consonants, then so...
[2 replies] Last: I'm actually new to lists. Now having problems with passing strings/ch... (by Himsdlee)
Invalid operands of types 'int' and 'const char[2]' to binary 'operator<<' in main.cpp

The title explains the error I'm receiving for the code below. As I'm brand new to programming I'm hoping for, at the very least, a decent explanation of where ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the info! (n=(n-25)) was needed. (by cvicious)
GetLine(); Usage

I was given a brief introduction to the GetLine(); function in my C course, but I wasn't clearly told how to use it. Someone told me that this function does...
[1 reply] : If your teacher is talking about std::getline().. that that is definit... (by Disch)
IS file Encryption done byte by byte

hey IS file Encryption done byte by byte?
[1 reply] : Depends on the encryption method and the hardware doing it. (by Moschops)
Safe deletion of multidimensional char**

I have a multi dimensional char** array which I'm looking to safely delete without any leaks. I was doing some research and read somewhere that simply calling ...
[4 replies] Last: Brilliant, makes sense since it's a pointer to a pointer. I guess if i... (by UraniumSlug)
using find

I apologize for being vague and only posting partial code but my assignment is complete except for this one thing. I am making a program that searches a library...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks (by curtisschlepp)
by skarla
video on yt.

I uploaded a video in youtube with my tic tac toe. i tell it in this site,because they are many beginners here who they want to learn how to code a simple tic ...
[5 replies] Last: i know how to paste the code,but why to do it?i have make a video wit... (by ResidentBiscuit)
by R23MJ
Making settings for web browser

so basicly what i am trying to do is make a settings form for my basic web browser, if you dont know what i mean im talking about like the internet options menu...
[7 replies] Last: Oh, I know it is Visual C++. C++/CLI is a Microsoft-only thing. Use ... (by webJose)
Remove character from string

I'm trying to remove characters from a string where the characters exist twice. For example: t a t tletale a tlet a le t le t le l e l e ee I've...
[6 replies] Last: Exactly. That's why I have the two calls to erase so that every call, ... (by Zexanima)
Help with Enums(Program)

Running into trouble with enumerations, they just seem so confusing. please take into account this is not a school assignment, i self teach myself through boo...
[7 replies] Last: I looked over the code again really quick, but wouldn't it be easier t... (by Volatile Pulse)
Basic misunderstanding of C-style strings

To make sure my understanding of C-style strings was correct, I tried: #include <cstdio> int main() { const char* greet = "W"; std::printf("Fi...
[8 replies] Last: In C++, setting a variable to some value will only cause a change in t... (by Moschops)
Return end of char *

Simple question. How would you return a pointer to the end of a character array? e.g. "Hello, World" would return 'd' Thanks, Rowan.
[3 replies] Last: Thanks, perfect! (by closed account 2NywAqkS)
Error C2664!

I get an error C2664: 'Process_Data' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'Stud' to 'Stud ' :^( I tried searching the forums before posting and I found th...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for your help so far, my professor didn't have time to go over ... (by Freckles1224)
cvWarpAffine and masks

So I need to take a black and white image, rotate it and stamp it on to another image without the white spaces overlapping. I wrote this which works for the ...
[1 reply] : never mind. Figured it out. Accidently inverted the mask twice. (by Dan Feerst)
Compiler fail???

Can someone please compile and run this and post output for me? I don't know what's wrong and nothing I do to test this is working. I think it may be a compil...
[5 replies] Last: New problems with this code. Problems start in zone method. void Mi... (by GRex2595)
Variable equals one but outputs 10 or greater

I am working on making minesweeper for the fun of it, but I'm having some serious issues. I have this code on another thread, but I don't even know if it was p...
[10 replies] Last: Not so perfect actually. I'm having new problems that are more confus... (by GRex2595)
Variable cannot be used as a function

Getting an error in line co2= pow(1-(1+int_month, time_period(-1)); I tried declaring the function right below the namespace, but i think the problem ...
[4 replies] Last: You're only passing one argument to pow(), it needs two: double x = p... (by Lowest0ne)
Array of strings

How do I build an array of strings? It needs to be dynamic obviously so I'm thinking I should use a vector but I'm not sure how to do that? It will be a 2 di...
[2 replies] Last: Use vectors from the standard template library to do this. Vecto... (by LimeOats)
by leeto
inheritance. Saving functuanality base and derive classes.

Saving functuanality base and derive classes how to implement(/ rewrite this code )? Please help. Other words , I want that if I call: n.attack(); my outpu...
[2 replies] Last: Many Thanks +100500 likes on your post ! (by leeto)
June 2012 Pages: 1... 4344454647... 51
  Archived months: [may2012] [jul2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.