Beginners - June 2012 (Page 6)

trying to clean up the code, how to....

thank you to all those who have helped up to this point. so i've almost got it all converted from <Vector> to a readable <cstring>. But I ran into a wall when I...
[1 reply] : o-and if you see anything else that seems out of line, please let me k... (by kmilnedc)
by XzqtN
Help With Array Program

Ok, so I am working on an assignment for my Intro to C++ Class. The instructions are: "Write C++ program that uses an array of characters to input and output ...
[3 replies] Last: im just confused with the part of the assignment that says (you can us... (by XzqtN)
Graphics

Hi! I was wondering if someone could explain to me how I could draw and manipulate graphics using C++. What are some of my options and how do I set them up? I'm...
[3 replies] Last: Assuming you're on windows, you need to learn the Windows APIs. The Fo... (by Moschops)
Decision Making help Exercise

I'm doing the exercise on my "How to program C++" book and the question said "If the variable number is not wqual to 7, print "The variable number is not equal ...
[1 reply] : It's not really the same. You know why? Code: if(number != 7) std::c... (by S G H)
Simple math equation?? (1,2)

Can't seem to figure out why I get '-17172.5' as an answer for 'dq' when the correct answer should be '5283.212' Can anyone spot an easy error I may have miss...
[34 replies] Last: wow jesus... (by gelatine)
Stuck in an if statement

I'm working on a program that reads in two files (one containing employee IDs and their hours and another containing employee names, IDs, and pay rate) and writ...
[18 replies] Last: It was because I was opening it in notepad instead of wordpad. Thank ... (by CoryMore)
New and need help with strings

I'm in the process of writing a subnet calculator. Without writing an 'if' statement that checks for a period at every likely position between possible subnet o...
[8 replies] Last: I've been working on this subnet calculator for the past few days. Hop... (by speci4lzero)
help witha if statement

I am relatively new to C++, I have searched everywhere for a answer but have found the explanations confusing or not the one I was looking for. I am trying to m...
[8 replies] Last: thanks vlad that worked a treat so do tells it what to do the if say... (by liammozz)
by skarla
advise

I have created some good games,and good programs.I know know all the basic(loops,if statement ....),and i know classes,and the basic of(inheritance,polimorphism...
[no replies]
At what point does one wrap a library into a class?

After owning "Thinking in C++" by Bruce Eckel, for many years I opened it to look at some reasoning behind iostreams. On page 200, there is a chapter heading "w...
[4 replies] Last: GTK+ is a C library. GtkImage is a struct and it has a lot of function... (by Peter87)
Grading Program Confusion

Okay Im a newbie and Im working on a program that allows the user to enter a grade (0-100) and then the console returns to the user the grade and the letter of ...
[1 reply] : P = true; if (P = true) just leave that away. since it is us... (by gelatine)
HELP!!!! URGENT!!!

This is my program and when i run it its works however the part when it says press Q or R isn't working. When i press R is just freezes n does nothing. Q works ...
[15 replies] Last: A do while loop is not bad practice. It has it's places, they just hap... (by ResidentBiscuit)
GCC4.7.0 Linux installation headache

Summary: Operating system: (Linux) Ubuntu 12.04 Downloaded the “gcc-4.7.0.tar.gz” and “gcc-4.6.3-4.7.0.diff.gz” files Unzipped the folders using the...
[14 replies] Last: There is probably somewhere a link named g++ that points at one of tho... (by Moschops)
by Score
destructor help - list of pointers to a struct

Hi all, Need a little help understanding the destructor. if i have a struct: struct bunch_o_arrays{ double array1 ; double array2 ; double arra...
[1 reply] : No you need not. Otherwise what destructor would you use? (by vlad from moscow)
by ACE123
Write and read to/from file (CSV)

Hi, I'm pretty new to programming and currently making a program that stores username's and passwords in a csv file . it also allows the user to log in using a ...
[3 replies] Last: Here is a switch statement: switch ( MenuOption ) { ... (by TheIdeasMan)
saving a series of cos terms in a txt file

hi i have wrote this piece of code #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <cmath> using namespace std; int main() { ofstream functi...
[5 replies] Last: @spaggy: You gave the OP the answer, I was hoping he would figure it o... (by TheIdeasMan)
A few questions.

I'm jumping from Lua to C++, and in Lua I used tables (arrays) a lot. I was wondering if you could put a array inside of a array in C++? What can I do if I d...
[4 replies] Last: I use KDevelop on linux . If you have windows lot's of people use ... (by TheIdeasMan)
A Very Long List of OR...

Hello guys, I want to write a command like this: int a; if (a == 0) || (a == 1) || (a == 3) or 15 or 27 or 36 or... (a list of random numbers)... or (a =...
[10 replies] Last: hmm ok thank you all (by boscomanilow128)
using stl list?

I'm trying to sort a list of structs. I'm not very familiar with the stl list. Could anyone explain the sort function and how it operates? The Program: I rea...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks. @ rollie: worked like a charm :) (by edithsong)
Declaration is incompatible

Hello, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong subforum :S So I'm trying to create a simple function called Draw for my Player class, however I keep running into the...
[2 replies] Last: Doh :( Thank you very much man you just ended the current headache :) (by colourfulbananas)
June 2012 Pages: 1... 45678... 51
  Archived months: [may2012] [jul2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.