Beginners - March 2013 (Page 77)

Help with a fun (simple) little project I'm working on.

Hello, This is my first post on these forums. I recently got in to programming (about two weeks ago). I'm a civil engineer major but enjoy doing a lot of ot...
[7 replies] Last: To whom it may concern: Thanks to all those who helped me. Your code w... (by Calisto iRedux)
by Handar
When looping through a string using strlen(), should the iterator be of type int or size_t?

Hello. Seeing as strlen's return type is size_t, and not int, should I have the loop's iterator be of type size_t as well? If I don't, I get the following warni...
[5 replies] Last: It's part of the standard library. http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/... (by LB)
What's wrong with this?

I'm trying to write a program so the user can enter 10 values and then the program will display the largest and smallest value. I haven't gotten to the smallest...
[5 replies] Last: And without an array: #include <iostream> #include <limits> using na... (by Chervil)
Can anyone help with a while loop?

I missed class on the days we did it and am completely lost on it. We need to modify a previous code we did and add a while loop to it. The original code is her...
[1 reply] : http://programming.msjc.edu/cpp/4Repetitionnbsp;nbsp;nbsp;.aspx#LiveTa... (by xanthian23)
Friend function and overloaded operators (1,2)

So I'm just having a super-dee-dooper fun time with overloaded operators and the friend function. I have an addressbook, and for my assignment I have to use the...
[21 replies] Last: So here we go, this is how we do this... Problem one.. 1.) Use frie... (by xanthian23)
My game need to work

When i run my game the life mechanism is supposed to appear only once at each "round" but what it do is: Enter a number other than 0: 7 Enter a number other t...
[no replies]
by fx11
fstream object and good() and while block

Input/Output with files http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/files/ My txt file: example555.txt and its contents: TestText 1 TestText B TestText 55...
[4 replies] Last: Hi, Chervil. Thanks for pointing out to that getline has a bool like... (by fx11)
Deque Implementation... Need help!

Hi there! **Edit** Solved! Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory. Reason: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at address: 0x0000000000000008 ...
[4 replies] Last: Never mind I got it! (by Merriak)
how to write addition program with c++ using class

#include<iostream.h> using namespace std; class adi { public: int a,b; }; int main() { adi.add1; adi.add2; int sum; adi1.a=10; adi1.b=20;...
[6 replies] Last: Static or not, that is the question :-) (by usmiech)
Setw/Nestif issues- Beginner program

SLOVED <3
[5 replies] Last: Please post the smallest possible complete program that illustrates yo... (by jlb)
Function parameters

Hi there, I need to write two different functions. First one should ask the user's name and get it as input and in the second one I must call the user with the...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { cout<< "Th... (by tcan618)
Source File not Compiled Error.

Okay im trying to compile this and run it im just trying to run this code and i dont have admin rights when i try to compile and run it says source file not co...
[1 reply] : Why?! http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/94546/ (by Lynx876)
by rcast
Convert array element from int to string using itoa

Is it possible to turn a specific array element where the initial array is defined as a int, into a character or string? For example: int squares = { 0, 1, ...
[8 replies] Last: In the following snippet: for (int i=0; i<p1.size(); i++) p1 is an... (by jlb)
by APSy
Weird behavior of "cout" when i used strncpy before

Hi there, thanks for reading my post. I try to make a simple programm, which is reading lines from a txt file, my goal is to flip the string if the user want...
[9 replies] Last: The reason why the first version worked was the use of isalnum() whi... (by Chervil)
by NGabi
typedef struct

Hello! I kindly ask for some help. I just had my first lab class of C language and I had this homework. I don't know what's wrong about it, since it has errors....
[1 reply] : I don't know what's wrong about it, since it has errors. What are th... (by jlb)
permutations over bidirectional iterators?

Is subject legal (I mean next_permutation, prev_permutation calls) in all cases (accordingly to syntax)? In particular, i don't get what they mean by permutati...
[1 reply] : guess only random iterators make sense. It should be bidirectional,... (by MiiNiPaa)
Source File not Compiled Error

Okay im trying to compile this and run it im just trying to run this code and i dont have admin rights when i try to compile and run it says source file not co...
[8 replies] Last: yes windows 7 (by WannaHack0)
tetris game in vc++

hi I need help with this code, I will not know how to write the code for rotating parts, moving objects,and Anything that requires a writing program. plz hel...
[2 replies] Last: you know it's hard Visual, but the is easier in Turbo (by emad saadat akefi)
by Amulon
Reading files into a vector *CLOSED*

Here the code of sorting by insertion. I am getting an 'out of range error'. How do I better read in the text file and store it in the Vector without running in...
[2 replies] Last: Awesome! thanks so much (by Amulon)
Is my this code is dengerour for my computer ?

i write a programme to print a loading bar in console but someones tell me it might be dengerous for computer. please look at this and tell me how can it be den...
[1 reply] : It isn't trying to sleep the pc. It sends the current program to sleep... (by Chervil)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 7576777879... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.