Beginners - March 2013 (Page 79)

don't understand vectors

This was the assignment i was give i don't understand what i am suppose to do here can anyone explain in a pseudo code method please. //Input: Get the numbers ...
[8 replies] Last: I went back and read your original post better than I did the first ti... (by atriumheart)
storing names in an array

THE PROBLEM HERE IS THAT I'M STORING STRINGS IN ARRAY. (e.g. name - names with four name values such as maria, sarah, karen, dianne). My program says no err...
[1 reply] : Where are you allocating memory for the following pointer? char *name... (by jlb)
Void fuction

Hello,I'm getting this error. 1>LINK : fatal error LNK1561: entry point must be defined. Please forgive,I am a newbie with no program talents at all. #inc...
[2 replies] Last: Thank for taking the time (by SANA4SPA)
Functions won't compile

I can't get this code to compile. There are several global variables that I want to use. I can't get the variable "count" to be recognized, thought it seems tha...
[2 replies] Last: Where should I define lowest? "count" is supposed to be global, why is... (by geharbison)
by TimZ
Function not recalculating

Below i have posted my project i have recently been assigned for a c++ class at my school. I am supposed to be able to correctly make change for a customer afte...
[1 reply] : You could put the code for printing the change in a separate function... (by vin)
why do i have to enter a extra character

vector/vector square reversing program every time i input something i have to enter a extra character after the required amount. run it and see for yourself ...
[1 reply] : Because you're reading input 11 times. You're inputting a number at ... (by AbstractionAnon)
Data Validation

How can we do data validation in bloodshed dev c++, in a if else statement?? how can we implement data validation in the program given below, data validati...
[no replies]
by Renov
NumberGuessing can't check "O".......

#include <iostream> #include <ctime> using namespace std; void prompt (int); void shuffle (int* const, int); void play (int* const, int); bool check (int* co...
[3 replies] Last: Thank MiiNi and Chervil I know how to do now (by Renov)
variable not initialized error... but it has a value??

so, I am writing a program for class that has me asking the user how many people want admission to a theme park, adults cost $50 and kids cost $30, and for a fa...
[2 replies] Last: wow, thank you I feel stupid for making that mistake.. it runs now wit... (by AdmiralAxtell)
Putting rational objects into an Array

Alright so I'm working on an assignment and I ran into a snag. In the program, I'm supposed to create two files and link them, one called Rational and one c...
[1 reply] : okay I've changed this: Numerator = cRandom.getNumber (MIN_NUMERAT... (by blazer52)
Help with my code please

Edit: I am trying to make a simple tool that will add/subtract/multiply/divide and i cant seem to get it to work. I am noob! Heres my code: // stringstream...
[13 replies] Last: Thanks all! (by noah sharbz)
explanation needs

can some body explain to me this code using comments what part of the function makes it makes the program print the largest number? from my understan...
[no replies]
how to include a nested loop for "sum"???

for (int i = 0; i < 4; i++) { if (i % 3 == 0) continue; sum += i; } return 0; }
[1 reply] : You're not outputting the sum variable to see the result. Also, when y... (by Lynx876)
by EeAA
store data from file

I need to read and store data from file. The file has the following format: name size vote. What is the best way to store this data, so later I need to calc...
[3 replies] Last: struct Items { string name; int size, votes; }; int main() { ... (by blueberry)
How to validate an rpn expression

This is what I have so far. I am just a wee bit confused of how I should go about making sure that these are valid rpn expressions. So if 98++ or 888- is read i...
[no replies]
class arrays

I'm writing my own calculator program and it's going to kick ass. I've defined a class called 'cterm' in order to make assigning values and signs and operatio...
[8 replies] Last: I see. Thanks for your patience guys! (by billywilliam)
Having problem with creating a binary tree.

I'm following a tutorial on creating a binary tree but when I go to compile I get the following error. Error 1 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'Int...
[no replies]
File Handling

Write a program that asks the user to input his/ her name, age and address then appends them on a text file named “employee.txt”. Validation: (First run...
[3 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <fstream> using namespace std; int mai... (by m1rv9n41v5)
Multiple inputs

I have an exercise in my book that requires me to get five different inputs as reference variables in a function, and I will have to pass them to a different f...
[7 replies] Last: Here is what I have so far, to give a general idea of what functions t... (by geharbison)
Random Word Generating

Sups :3 So I'm trying to generate a random word though i'm having some issues with it at the moment. I'm using random numbers to them making them. Here is an ...
[3 replies] Last: Uhm I'm a bit confused do you think you could give me an example of wh... (by kingpulse)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 7778798081... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.