Beginners - November 2012 (Page 10)

stacks,linked lists and queues

Can any1 please tell me wtf are these ? stacks,linked lists and queues And how are they defined ,implemented and used in general C++ programming.. thank...
[1 reply] : Ha ha! They're data structures; different ways to store data. Because... (by Catfish2)
Forward Values from one function to another

I'm having a problem here, whereby i can link the structure array values to another function from Pumppetrol() to FuelReport() I need to bring over the data ...
[2 replies] Last: great aramil of elixia (by seenanouman)
Debugging Global Variables

I need help debugging this program with functions. /* Write a program that determines which of five geographic regions within a major city (north, south, east...
[7 replies] Last: which is giving me the error "unreferenced local variable." This is n... (by coder777)
by ACE123
Find a word in string and extract int

Hi. i'm working on a login program that stores usernames/passwords in files. once the user logs in, the program opens a CSV file and searches for the entered us...
[3 replies] Last: yeah so it wasn't meant to work. ill make a function for you (by Aramil of Elixia)
Error for program

i get error like this 1>main.obj : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall Tree::Tree(void)" (??0Tree@@QAE@XZ) already defined in cd.obj 1>main.obj : error LNK200...
[4 replies] Last: I believe you're using Visual C++. My suggestion is to create a new pr... (by Volatile Pulse)
*URGENT* HELP WITH CLASSES!

My assignment is written as follows: "Construct a class named Light that simulates a traffic light. The class's color attribute should change from Green to Yel...
[11 replies] Last: Thanks everybody for your input!! (by uberjewber)
by bry272
Need Help. Class with constructors

This is the problem: Create a class called 'Triangle' with the following member functions (public) and variables (private). Variables -- 3 lengths -- a...
[4 replies] Last: That video helped a lot. I was able to fix my program. Thanks a lot. (by bry272)
pointer implementation of ADT list

I'm attempting to implement the ADT list by using pointers and my list is just supposed to contain integers but I'm confused on how to create the list in the ma...
[1 reply] : or if anyone could direct me to an example of this implementation onli... (by nickcplusplus)
Variable not initialized

when i try to run this program i get a messege saing that the variable A has not been initialised. (its a stupid program i know, but i whant to understand why i...
[4 replies] Last: C++ is right associative, which means that when you declare multiple ... (by helios)
Need help with simple coding... Days, Months problem

Hello, I am in need of help with a function. I wrote this program in order to display the number of days in a month according to my 12 element array. I wrote ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a ton! I'm self taught so a lot of this is new to me, just got... (by travyes1)
Wierd Output when using arrays

For a college homework assignment, I was asked to write an array called "alpha" composed of 50 components type double. The first 25 have to be the square of t...
[12 replies] Last: The body of the last 5 for loops are all the same But what was betw... (by cire)
by mkeras
What am I doing wrong- struct/for loop/array project

This is my program so far for a school project. Everything works as it should, it compiles and will run (in command prompt), but once it gets to the last set of...
[2 replies] Last: Hi, thank for the help. I fixed that but it didn't make a difference. ... (by mkeras)
Qt Error "Index out of Range"

This is an error I get when I try to compile my Qt Project: ASSERT failure in QList<T>::operator : "index out of range", file c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.8.1\ming...
[no replies]
arrays

I was wondering if you could please help with my coding. Ive been trying for hours but cannot find my error. here is my code. I will really appreciate your help...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you so much!!!! (by drodriguez2)
MessageBox Quick Help

I Followed the Instruction on the MSDN to create a Yes/No Msg Box Popup that Recieves an INPUT. and Ended up with Below But When i Compile i get... """"erro...
[no replies]
Errors with Reducing a fraction to its simpliest form

EDIT* I figured it out and got my code to work. It simplifies the fraction correctly, only problem now is it prompts the user to input a fraction twice Welcome...
[no replies]
Alphabetic characers

I'm working on a problem where I have to encrypt and decrypt the user's text. The user choses to decrypt or encrypt, then he choses a number to shift the alph...
[1 reply] : Hey, Im making a program alike this and I think this might help. for ... (by Ghilliedrone)
Im lost, parallel arrays

I am beyond lost with this extra credit assignment for class. I dont even know where to start so any help would be appreciated. the directions are: 1. We wan...
[4 replies] Last: I know loops and arrays, i am just not sure what all task 2 and 3 are ... (by batman189)
Need help with importing a .dat file

Any time I run this program I get debug errors saying one of my array variables is corrupted. Here is the contest.dat file: 100 16.333 36.101 101 18....
[1 reply] : contestFile >> contestantID ; valid indices for arrays are 0 to s... (by cire)
Another Prime numbers program question.

Well, after trolling around the site for the past few months I've managed to learn more than I ever expected about programming. However, I now find myself stump...
[1 reply] : During the first iteration of the for loop, value becomes either 0 or ... (by cire)
November 2012 Pages: 1... 89101112... 75
  Archived months: [oct2012] [dec2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.