Beginners - November 2012 (Page 9)

TextBox sadface

So I've been working on this project (simple Note Program) to help me learn C++ and provide me with new Features. Ran into One issue that I am Confuzzled By....
[6 replies] Last: If you want to read the file using ifstream and string, you'll need to... (by andywestken)
reading a string of characters into an array

I need help to find out how to read a string like cout << "Helloworld" and put the characters into an array so it would look like H e l l o w o...
[4 replies] Last: A string itself is an array of characters (by Adijunn)
Sorting a linked list alphabetical.

Hi. Te problem asks for me to read 10 names from a file, put them in a single linked list and sort them. This is what I've done so far.......is it ok? Cheers! ...
[8 replies] Last: To change the program from sorting numbers from least to greatest to... (by Adijunn)
by cshu
array file input

Im having trouble outputting my array file, im using a separate function instead of having it in the main function,is there anything that im doing wrong?? #i...
[10 replies] Last: but i already defined the prototypes?? void arrFile(); void displayF... (by cshu)
Problem with inheritance, and going from hardcoded data to user input

Here is my code posted to github https://gist.github.com/4160639 I'm trying to change all the values from hard coded data to user inputed data now. I'm le...
[1 reply] : cin >> someString; package1.Package::setRCity(someString); ... (by ResidentBiscuit)
by cshu
pre-test while loop

I have the main part of this program done all i need to do is add a while loop that repeats input and output and then when the user inputs Q the program ends ...
[1 reply] : So what do you need help with? How to get the while loop to run? How t... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
by Diogo
Passing a file to a structure

Hi, I need to pass a .txt file to a structure LIST. I also need to pass a .txt file to a pointer *point of a structure. My .txt files are arrays of two columns....
[no replies]
Hello

Hello everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself as I am new to C++. The last time I messed with any of this stuff was in high school and currently this is mo...
[no replies]
inheritance.....stuck in overloading operator<<

// assngment5 inheritance fedx.cpp : Defines the entry point for the console application. // #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> #include <conio.h>...
[4 replies] Last: i am nt using these constructors actually my problem is there in ove... (by Aqeel Abbas)
by MH4
How to create a random number in intervals?

Hi guys. How do I generate a random number in intervals? Eg.(given a range from -300 to 300, I only want numbers in multiples of 5. So I want numbers like -215,...
[14 replies] Last: @JLBorges Thanks for the input :D Much appreciated (by MH4)
Hi everyone

Hi i am new in programming, i just want to know, if it is possible, that someone, will be an expert in c++ programming and also an expert in php programming, ...
[6 replies] Last: It takes time and effort to become proficient in C++ and almost any pr... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
by mideel
Learning computer architecture to improve programming skill?

hi everyone, i'm a newbie in this forum but i've learned c++ for about 10 months i noticed that a programmer not only have to understand the programming lang...
[3 replies] Last: If you want a good tutorial on x86 Assembly and how it relates to cert... (by Catfish3)
by Snipez
Input into array from .txt

Hello there, I am trying to input data from a .txt into an array. int HighScore(int PlayerScore){ int x; fstream scorefile ("scores.txt"); str...
[8 replies] Last: yeah we covered that. i think he solved it (by Aramil of Elixia)
Passing an 2D array to function C++

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum, so please correct me if I made any mistakes posting my problem. I've got a following problem which I've tried to solve ...
[3 replies] Last: I initialized my default_array like this to make it empty Why didn't... (by Cubbi)
Averaging Numbers from a file through use of an array and pointer

Hello, I'm just starting out as a programmer in college as a freshman. I am not posting a homework question, but my most recent assignment asks for me to make ...
[9 replies] Last: averagesum/num_students; This line doesn't actually do anything at a... (by LB)
pointer for my addrecord (1,2)

#include <iostream> #include <string> #include <conio.h> #include <fstream> using namespace std; struct RentalRecord{ string customerName; string RecordTit...
[33 replies] Last: Ok, I see. Simply remove those: RentalStore::iterator RentalStore::beg... (by coder777)
how to call a function from another class

#include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; class Main{ public: Main(); void Displaydetail(){ cout << "This is main class ! " << e...
[4 replies] Last: //first class with the function class_A { public: void f... (by Darkmaster)
String connection

how to add up to strings let's say i have string1="Hello " and string2="World!" what should i do to 'connect' them?
[2 replies] Last: string1 + string 2 or append, if those are c-strings (by Darkmaster)
Object collision detection?

Hey I started making myself a game yesterday (2d sprited) but i was wondering how i could setup object collision. I was thinking that all my collidable objects...
[8 replies] Last: Ok, i think i've got a decent idea on how to make everything work now ... (by TheBeardedQuack)
Problem with Array

Hi Basically i am trying to get the array working, but i keep getting an error message saying that i is an undeclared identifier, Can any one help? Thanks...
[14 replies] Last: bump (by mcoliver88)
November 2012 Pages: 1... 7891011... 75
  Archived months: [oct2012] [dec2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.