Beginners - November 2012 (Page 11)

I can't find the problem.

Hey everyone, I'm having to write a program that allows the user to input a certain amount of feet and Inches and then have it converted to meters and centimete...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you Chervil. That makes sense to me, I appreciate you pointing t... (by VincentVindicated)
Stumped (1,2)

I have been working on this for hours and cannot find the problem, I know it has to be something stupid. Everything displays correctly except employee 1's bene...
[20 replies] Last: Catfish, It has to do with polymorphism, ensuring that the derived cl... (by dudeman007)
by mlasa
Two small errors - Help appreciated

Hey there, I'm a C++ noob but I think I'm slowly beginning to understand it. A task I've been set asks me to put together a little program which will calculate...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for the help guys, as I said I'm a total noob - not really done... (by mlasa)
Memory leak or safe?

Hello, my learning of C++ has been constantly interrupted during the years and therefore sometimes I lack that better understanding of subjects I would like to ...
[7 replies] Last: That first const doesn't do anything in this case. (by Catfish2)
Reading from file problem

Hi The task requires me to produce an application that first requests a time period from the user then proceeds to read the available journeys from a file, i...
[no replies]
Operations on numbers represented as strings

Hello everyone, I would like to make few functions that would allow me to execute mathematical operations on numbers in strings. What I would like to achi...
[1 reply] : Start with the addition. How did you learn it in school in the very ea... (by LB)
c++ classes Help

Hello Evry one :) Im new in c++ how can i print x value ?? look to the Code #include <iostream> #include <stdlib.h> #include <windows.h> #include <stdi...
[5 replies] Last: cbutler wrote: Change "return 0;" to "return 1". Return 0 won't re... (by cnoeval)
by tmadon
question - motion detection opencv

Hello, I am attempting to use a straightforward motion detection code to detect movement from a camera. I'm using the OpenCV library and I have some code tha...
[no replies]
by r11692
can someone make this code work?

#include <cstdlib> #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; double getDistance(); int getPassengerCount(); double calculateFare (do...
[3 replies] Last: thanks! (by r11692)
Overloading the >> operator problem splitting the input

Hi, I am trying to overload the input operator in the following manner: I have a playing card class that that contains two private members: rank stores th...
[no replies]
Can Someone explain to me why? (1,2)

Why does a and b not equal each other? #include <cstdio> #include <cstdlib> #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { char a = "Jim"; char b ...
[33 replies] Last: For as much as you'll probably need to know, logarithms are the opposi... (by LB)
How to put a string clean into stdin?

Hey guys! I want to call my function and it should read out the char* checkitem. The function is called and if statement checks if item == "Apfel". I read ...
[6 replies] Last: #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> void putItemInventory(char it... (by Falke88)
by dusty
Identifying a period at the end of a string

I want to end a loop if a string ends with a period. A period in any other place should not end the string. How can this be achieved? I know how to find a pe...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, I will give that a try (by dusty)
pointer-based implementation of ADT list with nodes

Hey guys, I was just trying to get this implementation from my textbook to work by creating a list and testing the methods, but I'm confused on how to actually ...
[1 reply] : Looks like the list takes a ListItemType as data but you are passing a... (by naraku9333)
by terryn
Memory Leak issue??? (i think so anyways)

So, i'm working on a Binary Search Tree. The tree will eventually hold names of people in a family, but for we are required to use the BST for searching of pe...
[2 replies] Last: Solutions have been found after pounding head into VS for the past few... (by terryn)
Issue with if/ofstream

Hi everyone, I've been working on a project for a class of mine to create an "address book" style program that is able to read and write to files. 90% of it wor...
[1 reply] : The problems arise because of the sequence in which you read, display ... (by Chervil)
by thippo
1. Writing to .txt 2. 'Breaking' Code

I have two questions: 1. Writing to a .txt I have a program that copies what the input is and puts it in a .txt. It works fine in everything but backspace...
[2 replies] Last: So does that mean that for else if (str == "Backspace") { str = "\b... (by thippo)
Drawing shapes any simpler way ?

I'm a beginner and I have a task to make a circle and a square frame around it.... I started off reading about drawing a circle but I found mostly advanced meth...
[1 reply] : I tried to compile your code and the compiler said nothing about 'c'. ... (by toum)
Conversion thingy

Instead of actually showing the zip code from the .txt file I need it to go to another txt file and match it with the city it corresponds with, how would I go a...
[7 replies] Last: You could make another struct/vector setup for the zip/city pairs and ... (by LB)
November 2012 Pages: 1... 910111213... 75
  Archived months: [oct2012] [dec2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.