Beginners - November 2012 (Page 65)

Funtion Recursion

Can someone give me a quick explaination of function recursion.I get the part about factorials, but i do not understand how i would implement this in a basic fo...
[3 replies] Last: http://erwnerve.tripod.com/prog/recursion/index.htm (by JLBorges)
by Meden
What kind of book should I use next?

I am teaching myself C++ as a hobby out of a 2001 book I had bought for a class around that time which I did not give enough attention to. I have recently pick...
[1 reply] : > Doing work out of a book has been very helpful to me, and it is the ... (by JLBorges)
Arrow Keys?!?! (1,2)

I was wondering if there is a way to program with arrow in C++. I want to create a text based game where you push the arrow keys to move. How do I do this? T...
[21 replies] Last: @cstarter2000 In the start of your code, after initialization, you al... (by whitenite1)
Confused about test score curve

I have been able to execute each part of this assignment except for the grading curve. We have to get 5 test scores from user input, configure the highest score...
[6 replies] Last: Specifically, for console applications, main() is defined as the entry... (by Moeljbcp)
by RKB344
what am i doing wrong

I can't figure out why this code isn't working that I have put together when ever I put in the answer it just stops write there and the while loop it's working ...
[1 reply] : Use code tags (the <> button on the right). // Word Jumble // 11/02/... (by Branflakes91093)
Cant see whats wrong...

Hello all Im writing a program that is supposed to be a survey for two people to see if they are compatible roomates...however the problem is that I cant seem ...
[4 replies] Last: thank you guys that helped a lot...so far that seems to have worked. (by willh313)
How to fill an array with strings

Hello, I have an assignment it is rather difficult for me. I have to read from a file one word at a time and fill and array of strings. I have no clue how to d...
[12 replies] Last: BadA*S Thanks for help people. Much appreciated as always. Jordan (by jlillie89)
Out putting info from functions using arrays

I have been working on this program to calculate average rain fall for a homework problem. I am having trouble because when I call my functions I am getting a b...
[2 replies] Last: Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I feel like it could be in m... (by JBIRD304)
Help with Triangles

Hi I am new to C++. There are two problems I am having an issue solving. The first one is : Design a date structure to store the triangle of numbers. Each...
[1 reply] : i was going to suggest something, but the instructions say to design a... (by pogrady)
by sirc89
Sorting and Searching Arrays

#include <iostream> // need for, cout, cin using namespace std; // Function prototypes void getIntegers (); void sortIntegers (int , int); int binaryInt...
[4 replies] Last: You must have thought it was useful, because you reference the third a... (by AbstractionAnon)
binary

I'm having a lot of trouble doing this hw I was given. it states: Input an integer containing only 0s and 1s (ex: a "binary" integer) and print its decimal ...
[2 replies] Last: i dont rly know how to set it up idk if im suppose to use float, switc... (by AdoCg27)
Requesting constructive feedback for my text game: FutureQuest

So, like many I've seen on these forums, I've chosen C++ as my language of choice and embarked upon the journey of game creation. Now, after months of toil, I h...
[13 replies] Last: Thank you to those who have given feedback so far. Does anyone have an... (by dawtsf1187)
Regarding private help with messy code...

Hi there people. I'm very new to programming and have just finished my first simple scientific calculator program. The problem is that my program uses too many...
[12 replies] Last: Maybe you should try a new thread titled "Parsing mathematical express... (by TheIdeasMan)
by modic
How do you make your own header files? Help please!

I'm not talking about just a text file with code, I mean a header file containing functions C++ or any other header library has. :) Hope you can help. Tha...
[7 replies] Last: You're going to need brick and mortar. And love. Lots of love. Lov... (by pogrady)
Getter and Setter Help

I'm working on a very simple, very beginner level combat system. Right now I'm trying to set up a Getter and a Setter functions in my Boss class. I want the...
[5 replies] Last: I'm not sure what your problem is, I do know I'll never try to run awa... (by Raezzor)
Hexagon not printing out right

Hey guys so i finished my program and i decided to try to improve a few flaws it has, one of which is that when using an odd number my vertical lines match up b...
[no replies]
Help with menu driven code

I have to write a menu driven program that allows the user to obtain specified measurements of geometric figures. A loop will be used to allow the user to cont...
[6 replies] Last: *sigh* It sounds like you are having difficulty with simple code struc... (by Raezzor)
Converting for loops into do while loops

I need help converting the for loops into do while loops. Not sure what I am doing wrong. The second code is what I am having trouble with. This is the for loo...
[9 replies] Last: I don't disagree at all. (by ryancb06)
Code is not working

OK: my code is not working. An explanation of what I want it to perform is at the bottom of my code. #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> #include <ct...
[5 replies] Last: Sorry for wasting your time. I just figure out why it was repeating. I... (by closed account LN7oGNh0)
Avoiding circular dependencies

Hey all I'm trying to write a program like so: I have a cpp file I waould like to run and create objects of 2 classes. Each class has a field of the other ...
[1 reply] : #1 Could you please go back and edit your post so it uses code tags H... (by andywestken)
November 2012 Pages: 1... 6364656667... 75
  Archived months: [oct2012] [dec2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.