Beginners - October 2012 (Page 10)

Help with primes program (1,2)

Hi, So my function works flawlessly up to where it is supposed to print the prime numbers. No matter what numbers i put in, all it outputs is "Primes " n...
[25 replies] Last: @ProgramingNewb I sent a reply to your message. (by Chervil)
by Tate
Issue with too many arguments for function...

I'm getting an error on line 6 that reads "too many arguments to function 'char calcGrade'" and I'm not sure what I need to do to fix it. Any help would be app...
[4 replies] Last: Understood now... Thank you so much!! (by Tate)
Doing arithmetic

I am doing arithmetic but everytime i compile the code it responds wiht this "expected unqualified-id before before '}' token" Here is the code: #include <io...
[2 replies] Last: Oh okay thanks, the problem was with the ";" after int main, the retur... (by Qmechanics)
could somebody help me and give me a few tips?

Problem: Write a c++ program to calcualte the surface area, volume, or "girth + depth" of a box: the formulas are as follows; volume = LWD (lengthxwidthxde...
[2 replies] Last: V = length*width*depth; A = 2*(length*width) + 2*(width*depth) + 2*(... (by martianxx)
binary search tree

I wrote the following code to find duplicate elements in an array. But this doesnt run. There is no compilation error , though! #include<stdio.h> #includ...
[2 replies] Last: problem is solved. the error is in line 28. :) (by vgoel38)
how to acces alternate element of a 2D array

Hello Everybody I want to print the value of alternative element of a 2D array. For Example- 23, 54, 76 37, 19, 28 62, 13, 19 Output should be- 23 76...
[1 reply] : C=C+2 is always going to give you 0th and 3rd element. If you increase... (by codewalker)
command window

Hi I want to write c++ program without any IDE I want to just use notepad and command window but I don't know how to run it from the command window I know t...
[3 replies] Last: When your projects get complicated enough, and if you still prefer ... (by Lowest0ne)
Dividsion by zero not show error

Hello can someone help i'm having some problems whit my cocculator if i divide 1/0 or 2/0 etc. It isn't write an error its shows 0. Maybe someone can give advis...
[7 replies] Last: Try to avoid infinite loops like this: for(;;) { You would be much... (by TheIdeasMan)
by AIVIO
Define a 2D array with Dynamic Memory

Hi! First let me say a big Thanks to people who helped me in my early topics. I want to write a program that takes a number from user and writes a matrix with ...
[1 reply] : b is a pointer. What you need is a pointer to pointers. int **b; /... (by Catfish2)
by Fovv
Number Guessing Program

So I have this program in which the computer tries to guess your number. After each guess you tell it whether the guess was too low, too high or correct. #i...
[18 replies] Last: @ enemy Please start your own separate thread for your question, as ... (by Chervil)
by Fox123
invalid conversion & operator

Hello, I think I got a quite easy problem. I am learning C++ with the tutorial on your website about pointers. http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/pointers/...
[1 reply] : It's just the compiler trying to stop you from making a mistake. // y... (by Catfish2)
by Lindz
Should I get an error message?

Ive just started learning C++ in Microsoft Visual C++. If I write this: #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { c...
[12 replies] Last: Anyways thankyou so much! Yous have really helped :) (by Lindz)
by abry
invalid conversion from 'int*' to 'int'

Help me. I'm getting an error. I've tried everything I know, but I still can't get it to work. #include <iostream> using namespace std; void fun (int ctr, in...
[1 reply] : " ctr " (not the formal parameter) is an array of " int ". The express... (by closed account zb0S216C)
case'&&':

switch (c) { case '&&' : symbol = AND; break; //case label value exceeds maximum value for type [enabled by default] case '-' : symbol ...
[5 replies] Last: Since a " char " (signed or unsigned) can hold only one character, you... (by closed account zb0S216C)
by skarla
SDL BASIC

I started yesterday learning SDL so i am sorry if my source is bad or i have done stupid errors. http://pastebin.com/6Lufhc8z Here is my source. The prog...
[8 replies] Last: thanks dude... (by chipp)
while loop isnt looping

So i have some homework due next week. the assignment is to ask user to input name and two numbers. then determine and output the lower number. then if the ...
[8 replies] Last: @chipp It's not the cout << y; that causes the problem, it's the ci... (by vlad from moscow)
by AIVIO
Polynomial Search

Hi! Recently I am trying to write programs to search numbers in a list. I could design a Linear Search. It worked Correct. I could design a Binary Search. It...
[3 replies] Last: Interpolation search, then: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpolation... (by helios)
program won't continue after I read in a file

In the output after I input the fileName it lets me press enter forever, and won't progress. How do I fix this My code: #include <iostream> #include <io...
[1 reply] : You're using the same ifstream everywhere. You're not checking, in mo... (by cire)
Calculating Mean & Standard Deviation using functions

Hey guys, This is my first post. I'm posting because I have an assignemnt due in 3 hours and don't know what's wrong with my code. My code: #include <iostr...
[11 replies] Last: Current Code: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <strin... (by ricecracker96)
by zkl
Understanding this code

I have this code: #include<iostream> #include<iomanip> using namespace std; int main(){ for(int count=0; count<3; ++count){ int i=0; while(i<10){ ++i; cout<...
[3 replies] Last: ok, now i get it. 0 is to be counted as 1 so when the condition is <3... (by zkl)
October 2012 Pages: 1... 89101112... 84
  Archived months: [sep2012] [nov2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.