Beginners - October 2012 (Page 12)

Dynamic arrays

Hi all I want to create a multidimensional array where the user can can change it. First I need to know how to make a grid. Something like this: A b c d e...
[9 replies] Last: #include <algorithm> #include <cstddef> #include <iostream> #include ... (by Catfish2)
by BandK
String array

I have 2d string array named X . If i put in X text how to check that in X is text... example... if(in X is text){ }
[1 reply] : If(X =='text') .......... (by Joseph544310)
AVL tree taking horribly long time to insert

I have written a code to insert into avl and it takes over 15 minutes for my code to insert 1000000 random where as a sequential insert i.e 1 to 1000000 takes ...
[no replies]
Reading Different length of inputs from a file

Hi again. I have a input file shown below. the format of the file is first two data are string code,char status,then next three are char type,int reading1,read...
[2 replies] Last: Finally,got it in>>cust_code>>cust_status; while(in) { cout<... (by vichu8888)
function call

Can anyone please give me a better understanding of how the variables are pushed and poped from a stack during a function call and how the memory is dynamically...
[8 replies] Last: You are returning a pointer to a local variable - your compiler proba... (by guestgulkan)
Tic Tac Toe game scaling to connect 4

I am writing a tic tac toe game after seeing that a lot of people have done this and so took it upon myself to do the same. However after starting out I decided...
[1 reply] : Just seen the problem. I think (after playing a few games) that this i... (by martianxx)
median not showing up as a decimal

my median is never a decimal for some reason how can i fix it show it shows up as decimal at appropriate times. #include <iostream> using namespace std; ...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks got it working now. (by EternalTactician)
by enemy
ten signs line

Hallo! Please, what is wrong with that program: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int=a; for (int a=1; a<=10; a++) switch...
[4 replies] Last: It works!!!!Thank U!!! (by enemy)
what's problem?

Hi, what's problem of these three line? These Are Errors: error C2466: cannot allocate an array of constant size 0 IntelliSense: expression must have a con...
[3 replies] Last: new is how you allocate memory from the heap. (by Moschops)
by Dennou
Required Variables for Overloading Functions

Simply put, do you need to include variables of each data type that your overloaded function processes? Specifically, this is the program I'm working on. If...
[no replies]
by khal
struct Question

my table.h file private: static const int size = 9; struct test{ bool Info; test *next; }; test*array ; my table.cpp table::tab...
[1 reply] : When you have a pointer you have to first dereference the pointer (usi... (by Peter87)
reverse a number of digits of the user input

Hello, I want to make a program where the user has to input a few positive integers, like: 12345. Then I want to reverse that to: 54321. I have to use itoa...
[8 replies] Last: @LowestOne Am I on the right track? #include <stdio.h> #include <std... (by dutchman)
doubt in malloc

Is the following statement correct??? int *s = malloc(sizeof(int)100); I am asking this that till date i have encountered the declaration of malloc only as ...
[1 reply] : No. You need to use the multiplication operator int *s = malloc(sizeo... (by Peter87)
by segi
Formating text in .exe

Hello everyone. I`m still quite new in programming in C++ and I was woundering if anyone can help me with formating the output? When I run the .exe and have ...
[2 replies] Last: You could use a getline with ' ' as the delimiter. I think then it wil... (by IceThatJaw)
pointer declaration and initialization

If i write a statement as int *ptr=0; Does it mean that the address of ptr is zero??? Because we all are very well familiar that the code int i; int *pt...
[5 replies] Last: It means that the pointer has null pointer value.:) (by vlad from moscow)
up,down,left and right

Make a program that outputs a simple grid based gameboard to the screen using either numbers or characters. i.e. . . . . . . . . . . . G . . . . . . . ....
[2 replies] Last: Why don't you give the user a menu with North, South, East, and West c... (by IceThatJaw)
by khal
Error

Hi, I get this error when I try to compile my code. Unfortunately I can't post it since its a hw assignment. Could someone explain what it means? Thanks /t...
[3 replies] Last: You will want to include the .h in the corresponding .cpp file. For ... (by IceThatJaw)
Creating a package

Hey everybody, I have this assignment where I need to program something I guess like a package, so I would be able to include the header file and run the fun...
[15 replies] Last: Nevermind guys, as far as I can see it's a problem with my IDE <.< (by Guardian Angel)
Updating the original value

Hey guys, I have been stuck on this problem I have been getting on my small little project. #include <iostream> #define OP_1 "You have selected a Cola" ...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you ever so much! I have now fixed the problem. And I understand... (by dataoku)
Assigning to a 2d array with braces

I know for a 2d initialisation you can do this: int mda ={ {1,2,3},{4,5,6},{7,8,9} }; but how do I do this: int mda ; mda = { {1,2,3},{4,5,...
[3 replies] Last: @Guardian Angel Because I want to declare in one function and assign ... (by rozick1)
October 2012 Pages: 1... 1011121314... 84
  Archived months: [sep2012] [nov2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.