Beginners - September 2012 (Page 52)

Program that formats phone numbers

Hi everyone, I am having some problems compiling a program that formats phone numbers. My teacher wants us to use classes and objects, and I am having some ...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you both for your help! Basically, I am looking to take a speci... (by paulr162)
by Fliize
Stack around the variable 'temp'

Hi, im making some of the exercises ive found on the net - a dungeon crawler. Sometimes i run in to a Stack around the variable 'temp' error, have no idea whats...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, that solved the problem :) I even understood why >10 didnt cut... (by Fliize)
Is there a forum like this for C#?

I have a question about C#....can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you!
[4 replies] Last: I guess technically the only section of this forum where it has to be ... (by Zephilinox)
I get the wrong results

Hello. i have a problem more with my program #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; int main() { string gender; float ...
[1 reply] : water is uninitialized. On line 19 and 22 you create new float objects... (by Peter87)
Call Destructor

/* Title : Lab Task 3 Question 3 Description : Phone Call Author : Lim Boon Jye Date : 6 September 2012 */ #include <iostream> #include <string> #...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks Peter . i done with my code and easy to get understanding from... (by BasicNewbie)
process returned 3 <3x0> :|

hello I'm a beginner here. I don't know where to ask this! I wrote a program and when I run it for big times, for example happening an event for an hour, or f...
[5 replies] Last: [quote=bibalan] "For any exception, I've set an IF that after some loo... (by closed account zb0S216C)
Help please

/* * DESCRIPTION: THIS GAME IS A GAME WHERE YOU MUST USE YOUR ATTACKS TO TAKE DOWN THE OTHER CHARACTER. * HOPEFUL UPDATES: I AM HOPING TO ADD IN A GUI...
[2 replies] Last: It worked, thanks for the great answer. If you could, do you know how ... (by isaacske)
string to float exponential notation

I need to convert a string with a float number in exponential notation into a float. Here are some examples of the numbers. 2.127 -9 1.039 -9 1.632-11 5....
[5 replies] Last: I think this solution would produce an error when the float is a nega... (by Moschops)
by Ryusko
Unresolved external symbol with headers and linker

I'm having trouble properly defining and using headers. To preface, I'm a Java programmer just starting to learn C++. Basically, what I'm trying to do is to cre...
[3 replies] Last: Character is not a namespace. It's a class; a kind of object you can m... (by Moschops)
I want someone to write a program using C++

1. Declare three structs to store Athlete, Event and Registration details. The struct definitions are provided in Appendix 1. 2. Write the driver code (main) a...
[3 replies] Last: Hi there, [quote=forum rules] Don't post homework questions Programm... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Gender selection

Hey, im making a protject for school. The program is designed to calcualte a persons BAC. In order to do so i have to choose if the person is either a Male ...
[12 replies] Last: Ok thank you.. and i will rename my variables its giving me a head ach... (by JonasQuist)
by Muggy
Tip Calculator Program

Hello programmers! I am completely new at programming and have a question regarding an assignment for my C++ course. There has already been a thread posted a...
[13 replies] Last: you're welcome, glad that we can help you anyway!!! (by striker24)
Runtime error ?

I am not quite sure where I am going wrong, I am still learning, but the problem is this. I get a run time error that” variable choice is being used without b...
[6 replies] Last: yes, i think its up to you. if-else or switch-case functions the same.... (by striker24)
Endl and \n not working in g++

For a homework I was supposed to create a program in c++ (has to work in g++ )to output some ascii art in a txt file. It works perfectly in Visual Studios, but ...
[3 replies] Last: I'm just taking a wild guess here, since I've never used Cygwin to com... (by helios)
Help with Classes return value

This is a homework assignment. I am stuck on this one problem and I can't figure it out. I need the program to output the revenue of the items sold. When there ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for your help. I changed the code but I get the same output as ... (by BroncoAG)
inheritance and polymorphism issue

Hello forum, I believe that i have the design problem that i need to discuss about. Intersectable is the super-class; Triangle and Sphere are the sub-clas...
[6 replies] Last: I am not using any multi-threading over here. Where do think i am dele... (by sajis997)
While Loop Refusing To Pause

So I have this code(I KNOW SYSTEM IS HORRIBLE PLEASE DON'T YELL AT ME FOR IT!!): // Popilization.cpp : Defines the entry point for the console application. /...
[2 replies] Last: Oh wow... thanks for pointing that out never even thought of that... I... (by opiop65)
by Ch1156
help with this please

I want to be able to enter integer numbers and if i enter a string of text or a character then i want the program to stop. and it seems to work but it just does...
[7 replies] Last: The largest number a 4-byte integer can hold is 2147483647, while the ... (by MetalMilitia)
Simple quick qestion about streamsize

I use this line to ignore all but one letter given to a variable through 'cin' (thanks to vlad for suggesting it): cin.ignore( numeric_limits <streamsize>::ma...
[3 replies] Last: I forgot to remove the ' , ' when I tried it without the '\n'. That's ... (by Hashimatsu)
Old problem, but still in my mind

few years ago, i was asked to solve a "simple" c++ problem. The problem is: output the result of 3^9999 in c++. The trap is in the size of the resulting number,...
[4 replies] Last: As you mention array, perhaps the number was actually stored as a c-st... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
September 2012 Pages: 1... 5051525354... 62
  Archived months: [aug2012] [oct2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.