Beginners - September 2012 (Page 53)

Whats the difference? And quick question(s)?

Hi all, 1. I was just wondeing if anyone could tell me the difference between gcc-4.7.1.tar.gz and gcc-4.7.1.tar.bz2 both of which can be found here h...
[6 replies] Last: Do you know if eclipse is up to par with code:blocks? As I think Im go... (by hydraAiur)
Help with College Programming Assignment

Description: Old MacDonald has a farm and not only does he have animals, he also has 1000 acres on which to grow his crops. The problem is that it is becomin...
[1 reply] : when your first post on this forum is asking for homework help, we kno... (by Zephilinox)
Error message at running a VC++ program

Hello everybody. I have a major problem about running a program created by me in Microsoft Visual C++ 2010. I created the program and I put the project into ...
[3 replies] Last: This question is littered all over google, why don't you take a look? ... (by Zephilinox)
trouble with cin.getline()

I am having issues with cin.getline() This program was an exercise of practising opening a file, putting in data and closing the file. Here is the code. ...
[8 replies] Last: I wanted to practice manipulating arrays Fair enough. The first thin... (by Cubbi)
Why does my do-while loop continue to loop?

I've set up dozens of do-while loops and they work flawless. But today I must be completely dim. I just can't make my loop stop looping when I type in '0' in my...
[8 replies] Last: @vlad Thank you! Always vlad =) You're the best (by Hashimatsu)
I want to be able to extract separate digits from a number.

the title says it all Lets say the year is 1981 then i want to be able to put the digits 1,8,9 and 1 in a variable, then I also want to be able to put the whol...
[11 replies] Last: @maculhet its working now...and its counting every digit off my input... (by vlad from moscow)
by pcworx
fast question about functions

is it best just to include the function prototype and definition at the top of the code instead of declaring a prototype and then defining the function at the e...
[5 replies] Last: In the in-house rules I live by, main() is always the only function in... (by Cubbi)
by nistor
help?

sruct node { int val; node* next; node() {val = 0; next = 0;} node(int v, node* n = 0) { val = v; next = n; } ~node(){ next = 0; } void Add (int); void Print()...
[2 replies] Last: btw, next time, use "code" tags because it looks confusing... even now... (by chipp)
by NNinja
Help with arrays

Hello! I have to write a simple poker program using arrays. By simple I mean no face cards are needed only 2-9. I need to ask the user to input 5 cards and the ...
[6 replies] Last: You can use STL set and some STL algorithms... #include <iostream> #... (by tntxtnt)
debugging issue

Hello forum, I am using gdb to debug my ray tracer and one point i am getting the following information from the debugger: Program received signal SIGS...
[2 replies] Last: The problem at #0 is where the segFault actually occurs. Because you c... (by Moschops)
Undefined Reference

#include <cstdlib> #include <iostream> using namespace std; float calcCharges(float); void calcTotal(float&); int main(int argc, char *argv ) { ...
[2 replies] Last: hey thank you..im so careless.. ==' (by petrikhwan)
Variables / pointers

Hi everybody I have only recently started programming in C++ and I am writing a program that queries multiple items from the WMI service. The query part I am ok...
[3 replies] Last: Function WMIQuery shall be declared as const char* WMIQuery( cons... (by vlad from moscow)
by vrakas
Priotity queue Comparison Template

Hello :) I need to pass to a prioriy queue a pair of integers and i want the top to be according to the smallest first integer and if two are equal then accord...
[10 replies] Last: Thank you very very much, the problem was the semicolon ;p (by vrakas)
by Aceix
How to overload...

How do I overload the == operator. MANN, I have big problems in overloading operators!!! Who can give me a different tut that talks of overloading operators an...
[6 replies] Last: just look at an example, any example, you don't need a tutorial, its j... (by Zephilinox)
by Aceix
This...

Can anyone please explain how ' this ' is used. I do not want the explanation in this sites tut
[5 replies] Last: [quote=Aceix] "Why does this code fail me?" Because you're using th... (by closed account zb0S216C)
using do-while loop

hello, i am trying to develop a username-password program using do-while loop. here is my code: do{ if (mainAtt1==0){ cout<<"You have reac...
[11 replies] Last: It's working correctly on my PC. (by HiteshVaghani1)
Celcius to fahrenheit

i am very new to c++ programming and i have a homework tomorrow pls help me on this one. i have to make a program that convert celcius to fahrenheit. i can s...
[4 replies] Last: @MarkJason the two suggestions will work!!! (by Aceix)
by Ryusko
Linker Error - unresolved external symbol

So I'm a Java programmer that's learning C++, and I decided to write a basic RPG-type game to teach myself about headers, pointers, libraries, etc. Everything c...
[2 replies] Last: I do have a constructor with no arguments for Character, I just left o... (by Ryusko)
how does min and max program works

how does min and max program works ? #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { int array ,max=0,low=0,m...
[5 replies] Last: If you would like ... #define MAX(a, b) f((a) > (b) ? (a) : (b)) #de... (by acn)
by Aceix
How do I overload...

Pls can I know how to overload the << operator?, to display all the displayable contents in a class?!?
[6 replies] Last: Thank you all!!! (by Aceix)
September 2012 Pages: 1... 5152535455... 62
  Archived months: [aug2012] [oct2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.