Beginners - September 2012 (Page 54)

compiler problems

has any of you working with dev c++ compiler? i just want to know if you have also experienced that there are some lines that the compiler doesn't execute. it h...
[1 reply] : You need to add cin.ignore(); in between then. eg: cin>>x; cin.igno... (by Aceix)
Any simple way to pull multiple elements from an array?

Say we have an array X with 100 elements. To access elements 1, 3, and 5, in Matlab, I'd just enter: y=X([1 3 5]); Is there a built-in function in C++ to do t...
[3 replies] Last: Stebond, thanks that is very helpful. You wrote: "I don't really unde... (by neuronet)
containers

I am creating a program that will calculate the size of a circular container. i am getting the following error error "C4430: missing type specifier - int assume...
[7 replies] Last: thank you (by nothing3)
Create an "exe" file from my C++ project

How can I create an "exe" file from my C++ project to run it in my friend's PC?
[2 replies] Last: Yes, a C++ compiler like MinGW. It's very good! (by Aceix)
by Aceix
Difference...

What is the difference between the keywords class and typename in template declaretions?!? eg: template< class T> and template< typename T> ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks (by Aceix)
by Ch1156
Vector help again

Ok so i have this code and i want to know how to show pre defined items in the vector so when i call it, it will show all of them in a list and the player can c...
[17 replies] Last: What should happen is it should display your options, you enter a numb... (by seriphis)
I need some help with IO manipulators...

hello, I'm a noob in C++ and I need some help with alignment.. the output should look like this... http://www.flickr.com/photos/miku-chii/7934834992/in/ph...
[no replies]
by Ryusko
Visual Studio 2010 error C3861: identifier not found

So I'm a Java programmer that's learning C++, and I decided to write a basic RPG-type game to teach myself about headers, pointers, libraries, etc. The methods ...
[5 replies] Last: They were meant to be global, I'm again just used to putting everythin... (by Ryusko)
College Homework Help

My homework assignment is to. Write a c++ program that allows the user to enter two values. Display the results of adding the two values, subtracting them fo...
[3 replies] Last: Sounds good to me. (by closed account 37S1hbRD)
Ifstream problem (1,2)

done
[21 replies] Last: something like http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/78342/#msg422269... (by ne555)
Confused by syntax

how is: wr=(wr=wtemp)*wpr-wi*wpi+wr; different from this: wtemp=wr; wr=(wtemp)*wpr-wi*wpi+wr; any comment?
[4 replies] Last: I thought they were...not familiar with C++ so i wasn't sure if this d... (by troutguy)
Class, vectors and pointers...?

I'm really trying to get all the pieces together, but this really confuses me. What I want to accomplish: I want a class to build objects and then store them i...
[3 replies] Last: @vlad from moscow I'm trying to add what you did on my own code, but I... (by Hashimatsu)
Date Programm

I working on this assignment, but I got a huge load of errors, I don't know where I messed up. I will put what I have to do and will specify what I did in the c...
[5 replies] Last: You're mistakenly using comparison instead of assignment. It's a comm... (by kbw)
by meuep
Setting Class Variables to Arguments of a Member Function

Hi Everyone, I'm trying to create a member of a class to pass data for that class to use. The following is the code for the specific member that sets the dat...
[3 replies] Last: soranz: I see what you are saying. Unfortunately though, either way I ... (by meuep)
Make it cheap and easy

Sorry for the bad title, I didn't know what to name my topic. Anyway... I want to know if it's possible (and how it's possible) to send an input to a functio...
[16 replies] Last: By the way you could use a C++ feature. myFunc( std::cin.get() ); ... (by Hashimatsu)
Undeclared identifier

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { char password ; cout << "Password, please? "; cin >> password; if (password == anevilvege...
[8 replies] Last: iHutch105 ,You have an aigle eyes I'll edit it dont worry (by closed account 28poGNh0)
Help with loop

I just made this simple program and I got stuck with the while loop on the "exit?" because of the getline(cin,z2); I try taking it out but it just does not ...
[7 replies] Last: Well I am sooooooooooo sorry for my attitude me too I forget to put :... (by closed account 28poGNh0)
by ice9
The failbit flag is being set and I'm not sure why?

I'm writing a program for class, and the failbit flag is being set on ordinary text files that are not empty. The actual assignment is to read files out of a di...
[4 replies] Last: I will do code tags next time (by ice9)
replace letters with strings

Hi, I want to replace a character (Example 'A') with a string (Example 'abc123') Is this possible? I've this code: But your= can only replace one character wi...
[13 replies] Last: if it is simply "find and replace" then I hope my code can help... #... (by tntxtnt)
directory thing

I want if, I am running a program ,to show me the directories that the user entered to like for exemple if he doubleclick the directory d:/dir/ the program...
[no replies]
September 2012 Pages: 1... 5253545556... 62
  Archived months: [aug2012] [oct2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.