Beginners - September 2012 (Page 55)

pass parameter between two programs

Hiii everyone I am sorry this title "cpp directory thing" was for another topic I want when , I am running two of my programs,to get a paramerter(nbr,ch...
[3 replies] Last: This topic on stackoverflow deals with that: http://stackoverflow.com... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Check if a file exists

I have a bit of prototype code here: bool CheckExistence(char* filename) { // I want the program to check if a file with the name filename exists in t...
[6 replies] Last: As long as you are passing full path #include <fstream> bool CheckE... (by Texan40)
Min,max and average of array

Hi, I tried to make a program that print out a min , max and average value but the average value doesn't work !!! What should I do to fix this problem....
[4 replies] Last: You can do it at this way # include <iostream> # include <limits.h>/... (by closed account 28poGNh0)
by Court
for some reason I cannot use sqrt on an int??

Hey guys, cool site, glad to be a member! I have a new C++ book that I'm learning from and I can't figure out what I'm missing. Here is the function straight ou...
[7 replies] Last: I wouldn't change books for something like that. It really is implem... (by Stewbond)
Loading problems

#include <iostream> #include <conio.h> #include <windows.h> using namespace std; int n; main() { cout<<"Loading...."; for (n=1; n<100; n+...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for the fast replies. Now I figured out what is wrong in my cod... (by boatman777)
My version of "pow" for floating point exponents

I wrote this version of "pow" for floating point exponents. I know that it's not the best one ever written but I just want it to work. When I write as input ...
[no replies]
Using Mersenne Twister Random Number Generator

Hi, I am new and am trying to use the Mersenne Twister Random number generator to generate a random number between 0 and 1 in one spot, and an integer between 0...
[3 replies] Last: [quote=omarkb93]warning about this not being supported As C++11 featu... (by R0mai)
by Rox
How do I overload the operator "=" ?

I am reading about operator overloading and have a question about the standard string class. How is it possible to just write: string str = "Hello world"; ?...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for the example! I didnĀ“t know it was called conversion con... (by Rox)
by Juch
Double Pointer BST

I'm working on making a double pointer implementation of a BST, but I'm getting a segfault. main.cpp #include <stdlib.h> #include <iostream> #include "bs...
[2 replies] Last: This: #include <stdlib.h> #include <iostream> #include "bst.h" using ... (by coder777)
by malt
Having some trouble with an if-else statement

I've been trying to figure out what could be the problem for a while, but still can't figure it out. This is the source code for a revolving credit account. I'm...
[7 replies] Last: As coder777 pointed out, all the following is inside one if statement.... (by Moschops)
Making a Look-up-Table (with file quotes) by MAPPING

Hi, I am trying to make a Look Up Table (LUT) of file quotes. I have several .txt files with different names. Every txt file is full of fingerprints (n li...
[4 replies] Last: long i; i=0; for(i = lut.begin(); This is wrong. lut.begin() retur... (by Disch)
by khal
Overloading operator

Hi, I understand how to overload the << to display a class instance. For example cout << Ins << endl; . How would you cout two instance like ? cout << Ins1 + ...
[8 replies] Last: As for me I would declare it for this concrete class as const Foo ope... (by vlad from moscow)
database connectivity through C program

Hello everyone I want to write a program in C so that I can connect through a database just like oracle ,msaccess,mysql I just used oracle 10g,sqlapi an...
[1 reply] : Hi there, First of all, would you please be so kind to wrap your code... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
by nistor
can some1 explain the following?

template<class T> class Stack { struct Link { T* data; Link* next; Link(T* dat, Link* nxt): data(dat), next(nxt) {} }* head; public: Stack() : head(0)...
[1 reply] : ~Stack(){ // ? while(head) // ? delete pop(); // ? } It is a d... (by vlad from moscow)
by Court
DO NOT BUY "C++ Without Fear" by Brian Overland!!!

As I'm sure all of you guys already know, you cannot pass (directly) an integer to the sqrt function... Well, this guy Brian Overland, who says that he was a Mi...
[8 replies] Last: @Peter87, as I understand this it does not mean that these overloads w... (by vlad from moscow)
by Ch1156
Why cant i pop back in the vector

I keep getting one error when i type in pop_back and it wont go away. The error is hard to read. void ques() { string str; int input; in...
[18 replies] Last: I think you're wanting to use a std::deque rather than a vector. It of... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
by Rox
Printing the string pointer displays the memory location, not the value

When I print the string pointer the output is, what I guess, the memory location: 0xbfc010. How can I get it to print the value? void printPerson(Person *p)...
[1 reply] : You have to dereference the pointer using operator* to get what the po... (by Peter87)
help copying a file into system32 folder

#include<iostream> #include<conio.h> #include<stdlib.h> #include<fstream> using namespace std; int main(int argc,char *argv ) { char name; i...
[4 replies] Last: Why are you copying a file with <fstream> ?? http://msdn.microsoft.c... (by closed account DSLq5Di1)
Small Error Where Is It?

This is just a sample program I did to display the Exsel Sort except I'm getting a couple errors which I know are simple: Errors: 1.)3 C:\Users\-6\Desktop...
[8 replies] Last: 6.) 31 C:\Users\-6\Desktop\Dev-Cpp\ESC\Exsel Sort.cpp ISO C++ forbid... (by closed account DSLq5Di1)
need help making corrections to my bioinformatics program

I am writing a bioinformatics program with a switch statement that has 1 error at the beginning of the statement error says transfer of control bypasses initia...
[1 reply] : Hi there, [code firstline=28] char transcription2 ; sequence>>transcr... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
September 2012 Pages: 1... 5354555657... 62
  Archived months: [aug2012] [oct2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.