Beginners - September 2013 (Page 8)

ERROR object of abstract class type is not allowed

Complete
[8 replies] Last: Thank you, Chervil for actually explaining why and not being rude. I w... (by SlenderMan)
Issues with formula.

Hey all, I'm pretty new to C++ so hang with me. I am writing a program to calculate a car loan repayment and I am having issues with what my equation is outputt...
[1 reply] : Try double rate1 = 4.2/100 /12; (convert annual to monthly rate)... (by Chervil)
Simple question C++

Hello! I have one question with my C++ program. I would like to ask why my program prints just last text file numbers and lessons? Here's my code void SkPamoka...
[8 replies] Last: bubble sort is all i know -_- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubble_sor... (by chipp)
Array Traversal help!!!!!!!!

I'm program a traversal array, but i got 2 errors: 1.expected unqualified-id before '{' token (line 14) 2.expected `,' or `;' before '{' token (line 14)...
[1 reply] : Hi there, on this line: void stringifyArray (int array , int size);{... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
by watusa
ofstream writing to txt from vector

I'm so lost in my programming class. I'm trying to output vector to a text file but can't seem to get it to compile. Am I missing something? The empFile i...
[4 replies] Last: Hi there, The problem is not in using a vector, that's fine. It's you... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
by luczah
Setting Variables equal to Words

I'm writing a program that spits out a 4 band color code based off a users imputed resistance. What I'm struggling with is how to set color phrases to variables...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for your help. I actually figured out my mistake and did it a d... (by luczah)
How to Store a Hashed Value

Hash functions and tables are a bit confusing. I'm trying to understand how to store a string as a hashed value into an array with a max of 7 elements, and outp...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the input. I managed to figure it out after reading this on... (by jheard901)
Bad Access/Segmentation Fault

Hello. I'm writing a runaround number program for an assignment. Part of my code is below and there's a line where segmentation fault occurred, and I can't fig...
[4 replies] Last: @coder777 I got it! Thanks! Solve the problem already! (by jugggle)
My else statement won't display. Any suggestions?

My "if" statement displays but my "else" statement does not. Any ideas how I can fix this? (this is my only error) #include <iostream> #include <string> u...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you so much it works now. I didn't expect such a quick response... (by Akoubek91)
Writing a program help

Instructions:Write a program that reads two numbers and stores them into variables double x,y; Then the code finds the values of the sum and difference of the ...
[1 reply] : so far your code is just right, Use if - else if - else statements... (by nvrmnd)
by tatai
shorting file with column data

I have two files. In file 1 there are three columns with 910000 data. In file 2 there are 4 columns with 232245 data. File 1 (col1) and file 2 (col2) has the sa...
[5 replies] Last: "short a file"? Two tables. Join by id field(s). Basic SQL query oper... (by keskiverto)
converting from no class to using a class

I made a program but I can't figure out how to convert it using a class called Stats. I would like to do it for my own practice and knowledge but I can't figure...
[3 replies] Last: Hi there, .h files (header files) generally contain declarations only... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
by estd
system programming help

Please could anyone help me in typing a link to a book and its solution manual about: computer system programming subject--- that mainly speaks about system s/w...
[1 reply] : http://lmgtfy.com/?q=system+programming+with+c%2B%2B (by metulburr)
Need help with arrays.

Hi. I need help with arrays. I have problems with three different array-practices. I'm using Dev-C++ 4.9.9.2 First: I need to move array's slots one slot to le...
[2 replies] Last: char array is initialized with 'a' not "a". you want to everything ... (by Gkneeus)
by patieB
string skip

Hi there , may you please help me almost going crazy . cant get why my code is truncating part of the output which are numbers . its just selecting the first nu...
[8 replies] Last: wow ! Its amazing what improper placing of brackets can do to damage ... (by patieB)
by Ltp
I need help

I want to do something like this: In dijkstra algo; we've source, destination. And we've cost as input, which determines the cost between two vertexes; i.e.,...
[1 reply] : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/354330/how-to-determine-if-two-node... (by keskiverto)
Reading file from output?

Can someone please help me get started on this code? You are burning some music CDs for a party. You’ve arranged a list of songs in the order in which yo...
[2 replies] Last: For completeness, this is a double post of http://www.cplusplus.com/fo... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Help with C++ code. Reading file from output?

Can someone please help me get started on this code? You are burning some music CDs for a party. You’ve arranged a list of songs in the order in which yo...
[1 reply] : Hi there, Your assignment states "using functional decomposition". Th... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Running Total and Proper Function Use

This game is an assignment for a class. The point of the game is to reach 100 rolling a dice. Each time you roll the dice if you get 2-6 you add that to a runni...
[1 reply] : Hi there, [quote=JRimmer]The first is how, using as much of my exist... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Finite Element Method

Hello Friends I need solution of Lid Driven Cavity Problem using Finite Element Method Please post code if some one knows. If you have c++ code of any ...
[1 reply] : Hi there, It's not this forum's policy to make peoples' homework. Ple... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
September 2013 Pages: 1... 678910... 64
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.