Beginners - September 2013 (Page 6)

by LA94
fatal error LNK1561: entry point must be defined

Hi, I'm supposed to write a code for this question Write C++ class declaration for a class called Vector3D and a code for handling 3 dimensional vector ...
[no replies]
Count words using <cctype>

My program is not reading the number of words correctly when I enter a sentence. For example, when I type in the sentence: "To Build Something, First You have ...
[2 replies] Last: Ok thanks! (by Lindseybb)
Text-based RPG: Inventory Load Issue

Aaand I'm back again with another question. I had a save/load system implemented in my text-based RPG, but I didn't have any inventory data stored in it previo...
[no replies]
by Nebur
Decimal to binary not working for large numbers

Hey! I am trying to make a program that given a decimal number returns its binary representation. The program must be done using recursivity. #include <...
[10 replies] Last: This is the equivalent of my code for hex rather than binary: std::st... (by Chervil)
Encryption ROT/Crypto

Hello, I've been wracking my brain and I cant find out where my encryption is going wrong. The file correctly inputs/outputs, but the encryption ROT/Crypto is...
[7 replies] Last: Glad you saw the response, sorry it took me a while to get back to thi... (by Chervil)
Remove spaces and punct from a string

I'm a beginner doing a homework assignment. If you answer, please just use hints. I'm trying to remove all spaces and punctuation from a string. The code blo...
[2 replies] Last: Well, that hint resulted in a solution! I reworked the code block so t... (by kenglong)
Text-based RPG: Inventory Question

Hello everyone! I have a snippet of code here that a fellow member of the forums posted as an example of how an inventory system might work for a text-based RP...
[3 replies] Last: This is solved, but you have to free your allocated memory. (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Resistor Color Code Calculator - breaking integers to singles

Hello, I have a program to do about making a Resistor Color Code Calculator by entering the resistance value as an integer then picking the tolerance from a lis...
[7 replies] Last: ok, so it's the other way around, I am sorry I didn't read your post r... (by rmxhaha)
by algo89
Can't open text file in Xcode

I've got some problems trying to read a text file. I don't know where my compiler looks for the file and I guess that's what's causing the problem. I simply use...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for your answer. Yes the text file is in the same folder as th... (by algo89)
What is wrong with my code?

I am writing a program in which you type a word and a segment of letters from that word. When you do this, the program tells you how many letters there are, and...
[7 replies] Last: agghh:,, that system() , have you #include <cstdlib> ? I have no id... (by nvrmnd)
by Renov
Some problem in base conversion

Hi there! I have some problem in base conversion. There is my work. #include <iostream> #include <sstream> using namespace std; int main() { int value = 0;...
[1 reply] : when calling functions we don't include the return type: string conve... (by nvrmnd)
by Cas39
Tips Required

Hi, I have managed to get this program to work but was wondering if there is anyway I could improve the code. I am quite new to programming so nothing too adva...
[5 replies] Last: around here they will tell you not to use system(). instead of system ... (by MarketAnarchist)
i am just confused.

how can i print the no of entried and price? for(int i=0;i<3; i++){ cout<<"enter the entries"<<endl;//help me in this portion,first loop for house en...
[3 replies] Last: @Mehdinaqvi what is the exact error code you get ? -----------------... (by nvrmnd)
'GamePlayer::GamePlayer' : no overloaded function takes 4 arguments

#include <iostream> #include <string.h> using namespace std; class GamePlayer { char* name; char* player_id; int currentLevel; int topFiveScores...
[4 replies] Last: hi Zhuge, thx. i try. (by Ryoma78)
problem in pyramid

hello, I wanted to make a pyramid like this:- ____* ___*_* __*___* _*_____* ********* for n=5. the lines are not underscores but spaces. My try:- #includ...
[4 replies] Last: for(k=1; k<=i; k++) This only prints part of the pyramid. Change... (by abhishekm71)
Calculate the volume for cylinder using functional decomposition

Question 1 Use functional decomposition, write C++ program that will prompt user to enter the radius and height for a cylinder and then calculate the volume ...
[1 reply] : Hi there, Please do not just post your homework assignments. The foru... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
need help at a voting program can somebody help?

so i have 4 errors and i dont know how to fix it... after pressing v and when i'm about to choose who to vote i cant type anyhing #include <iostream> using na...
[16 replies] Last: simple: because you compare choice not choice2 ... (by nvrmnd)
Expected primary expression before '=' token

How can i fix it?Error is on the 10th line. include <fstream> using namespace std; ifstream f("date.in"); ofstream g("date.out"); int x,y,d; int main () { ...
[1 reply] : You are using !==, and I think you meant != (by Zhuge)
maximum program

Instructions:Write a program that reads two numbers and store them into variables double x,y; Then the code finds double M the maximum of the two numbers and p...
[16 replies] Last: Use some logic: in This logic u can get max and minimum no. both: i... (by james005)
minimum of three numbers

Instructions:Write a program that reads three numbers and stores them into variables double x,y, z; Then the code finds double m the minimum of the three numbe...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much. I appreciate it. (by boy3005)
September 2013 Pages: 1... 45678... 64
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.