General C++ Programming - April 2013 (Page 4)

first C++ class programming problem - need help

Write a program that accepts two numbers – temperature and day of week (if it is Sunday 1, otherwise 2. Display the following, if: temperature < -10 and Sunda...
[2 replies] Last: It did not work when I sent it. I ran it again and like magic, it wor... (by luckyelee)
by djibn7
C++ PROBLEM

How do I add a counter for the comparisons so that it increments every time the two array value are compared? // Session5.cpp : Defines the entry point for t...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/z13hAqkS/ (by SamuelAdams)
need help please,

hello guys, i have one homework that i need to present it immediately to my professor, i would like your help please :( the question is : A number is said t...
[1 reply] : int main () { // insert code here } (by SamuelAdams)
Moving Character

I have a board where a character is. I need to ask the user whether they want to move it up, down, left right. They are allowed to enter 3 move per turn. like u...
[3 replies] Last: well u cant include windows then either :S? for getkeystate(); well ... (by topnik1)
by mgd21
Need help with direction and shooting

Ive created a little program that the '@' symbol represents the user the other is the CPU, im trying to get the warrior to have direction but i dont know how i ...
[no replies]
by Giga
Can't take input from my files

Assignment: Write a program that merges the numbers in two files and writes all the numbers into a third file. your program takes input from two different files...
[1 reply] : Why don't you use a vector instead of an array? Aceix. (by Aceix)
problem with crt0dat.c, know what it is?

So my problem is that when I run my program, it seems to start up without a hitch. then it stops right before the while(!done), and doesn't display anything. an...
[4 replies] Last: well..... that's just nuts, I knew that, but didn't even really notice... (by twiggystardust)
error!! please help!!

bool Trie::addDictionary (string filename){ fstream file("sae-sorted.dic", ios::in); string word; if(!file.is_open()) ...
[10 replies] Last: > I'm not trying to insert a word; I'm trying to read the words. std:... (by ne555)
problem in array

#include <iostream> using namespace std; void main() { const int size=20; int i=1; int num ={0}; int arrayElement; int counter=0; int z...
[1 reply] : Use code tags, please. What problem? Note, in your code you do: i... (by keskiverto)
strings and arrays

so this is the code that i'm working on and i get this error about binary and the std string. i want to see of the guess matches one of the coordinates in the s...
[5 replies] Last: I guess you just want to check if 'guess' is any of the strings inside... (by S G H)
problem in arrays please help me out

q.Use a one-dimensional array to solve the following problem. Read in 20 numbers, each of which is between 10 and 100, inclusive. As each number is read, valida...
[5 replies] Last: #include<cstdlib> #include<iostream> using namespace std; int main()... (by topnik1)
Can you help me?? I'm at wit's end with this matrix

This code works fine without the if loops, but when I add them it just goes forever. I was simply trying to fix the matrix to make it evenly spaced, anyone know...
[6 replies] Last: xd (by topnik1)
by djibn7
Program Crashing When Compiled

I am trying to make this program to give me the cheapest price of the cars within the array. When I compile and run it, I do get the cheapest price. However, th...
[no replies]
Why does my program crash?

Hello all, I'm having some trouble getting my program to run. I don't get any errors when I try to run it. It just crashes. Anyway, I've got a class with ...
[3 replies] Last: Keep reading, `test' is NULL. void Student::makeArray() { int size ... (by ne555)
Confused?

In this code // Ex8_06.cpp // Adding CBox objects #include <iostream> // For stream I/O #include <utility> // For ...
[2 replies] Last: Oh ok thanks :D (by Anmol444)
CloseCom and such, any idea where that come from ?

Hello. I have an old project in c++ that i need to recompile for windows 7. there were some .MAK files, and i managed to open one of them with visual studio...
[no replies]
by Daleth
What SHOULD I be learning?

Like many novice programmers, I dove into C++ mainly because it was popular (at least in my area) and it was "cool." I also started off making small games witho...
[11 replies] Last: Thanks everyone for your inputs! I really appreciate the knowledge, an... (by Daleth)
by mgd21
HELP- Array char rotation and arrow key usage

Hi im doing a project for a class which involves making a game where there is an arrray that holds a player (you) and a zombie (comp). The player is suppose to ...
[5 replies] Last: sorry about that I thought it had done it. I need to give my warrior -... (by mgd21)
C++ program using inheretance to divide the inherited property of parents into its daughter,son and a widow

write a program in c++ using inheretance and also write its code for inheretance that access parents property from extend child class daughter,son and a widow ...
[no replies]
converting decimals to binarys

I have written a code but i tried to alter it a little in this manner. But it seemed to not recognise what hexStack.getsize() > 0) is..?? any suggestion pls....
[6 replies] Last: here is a program for invalid and floating numbers :P #include<iostr... (by topnik1)
April 2013 Pages: 123456... 53
  Archived months: [mar2013] [may2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.