General C++ Programming - April 2013 (Page 7)

Something wrong with hash table?

I'm pretty confused about this function I am trying to modify.. I was under the impression that templates can be used to replace any type of generic data.. I do...
[2 replies] Last: Ah!! That solved the issue!! Thanks ALOT!! (by Lukvang)
Using other .cpp files and or h files

My knowledge of C++ is limited. I understand this; the main CPP file is where I store my code. Problem is, my current CPP is becoming huge, way too many funct...
[5 replies] Last: 1. Yes 2. Yes, but only the global ones, obviously, and the 'extern' k... (by S G H)
how do i replace the 2nd occurrence of a letter?

hi guys, i`m currently racking my brains out over this issue. How do i go about the x as the first occurrence of the letter? lets say helxo , x is the 2nd oc...
[10 replies] Last: thanks guys for your help! Really appreciate it! (by CLearner88)
When a copy constructor is called

The following are the cases when copy constructor is called. 1)When instantiating one object and initializing it with values from another object. 2)When pass...
[4 replies] Last: > A( A&& ) { std::cout << "A::move_constructor is called to make a co... (by JLBorges)
Assignment operator overloading

I have a class called Device with private field ID,Type and Number. I have a bigger project but i will present only a little part here. Let's say i create an ob...
[5 replies] Last: Or you can define it inside the class definition even the following wa... (by vlad from moscow)
Error in iosfwd file of vc 6.00

Following Errors omission required. microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\iosfwd(22) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier '_t_Fpz' ...
[1 reply] : missing ';' As it says on the tin you have missed semicolon around l... (by MiiNiPaa)
Program to go through a menu won't compile

I hate vague errors where I don't even know where to start looking for an error. Error happens immediately and it says "Unhandled exception at 0x5981c9c7 (msvcr...
[2 replies] Last: LIne 31 goes past the end of the array. This is the idiom to use: fo... (by TheIdeasMan)
trie

void readCSV(istream &input, vector< vector<string> > &output) { string csvLine; while( getline(input, csvLine) ) { ...
[4 replies] Last: A trie. It's seperated by line. (by Stephaniei492)
Key Event Problem

I am trying to make a program that can type a string into another window. I have gotten it to the point that it can type the string, just not correctly. It w...
[2 replies] Last: Well it works now. Thanks. (by Im Wired In)
Program won't output

We have written a program that should create some .txt files, but it is not working right. The program executes properly otherwise; Visual Studio is not giving ...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <string> using namesp... (by DMaguire27)
Scientific notation

hi a need to write a code in c++ given from my profesor ,to input decimal number and the output to be number in Scientific notation with 32 bits can some...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/ios/ios_base/fmtflags/ (by keskiverto)
Problem Using opendir

I have problems opening a file within a directory. #include <dirent.h> #include <string> #include <vector> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you very much, Peter. Could you think about a more efficient wa... (by knowNothing)
by naz
Please Help Me in this Program...

Line shall travel more along X-axis and Less along Y-axis.
[1 reply] : Problem Statement: No. That is not a problem. That is your homework.... (by keskiverto)
Annoying Redundancies in C/C++ (1,2)

So this is sort of a rant but also I want to know if anyone has some "secrets" they use to sort of fix up the problem. I've been coding in C/C++ for quite a whi...
[27 replies] Last: what I tried to say was `I do know that it lines up different from wha... (by ne555)
Arrays elements value limit

Hi, I am quite new to programming.Please pardon me. I have created a new array and have wrote a code which will decrease || increase the value of the array e...
[1 reply] : Can't you just use a simple if statement before you change the value, ... (by MikeyBoy)
Matrix Problem

Hello, i'm having trouble with the cofactors while compiling. can you tell me the problem? #include<iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int ad...
[9 replies] Last: I wrote another program today. But now I can find a solution to how to... (by closed account owCSLyTq)
The sine Rule

I am basically trying to make a program for a calculator. I am struggling with how to do the sine calculation. this calculation will take place at line 158. Any...
[1 reply] : arc sin http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xsh/asin.html (by kbw)
by naz
Formulas Erroe here please Correct.

I don't think here is any Formulas error but here it is. So please correct the Error int this Program. Problem is in this lines [cout<< "Line wil travel more...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks to All (by naz)
Calling program functions from inside of an injected dll

Hello, i just started improving my game hacking skills in c++ a little bit since the last like 1-2years i was only using Cheat Engine and VB.NET for it. Since ...
[no replies]
Searching Problem!

Hello every one! Following is my code which do: It takes sentence from user and also picks a sentence from a input.txt file and compares both whether file has...
[9 replies] Last: thanks i fixed it. . . :) (by Ahmad1797)
April 2013 Pages: 1... 56789... 53
  Archived months: [mar2013] [may2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.