General C++ Programming - February 2013 (Page 13)

Weird problem reading file

Disregard this...error on my part. I cant figure out how to delete this thread?
[no replies]
Dark GDK Sprite Trouble

I am currently trying to modify a game I have done in a class by changing the sprites an variable names. That all went well but the trouble is that one of the e...
[no replies]
Trouple Creating Custom Templated Doubly Linked List

I need to create a templated doubly linked list, with an iterator class within the list class. This program is to function just like the STL list class but I on...
[7 replies] Last: Ughhh. Insert is returning wrong type. Thoughts? // Inserts a node a... (by tunalite)
Converting characters to numbers using data files

Goodday, I need to convert characters in a input file to numbers in output file and display both the characters and numbers in a console window. Only 7 nu...
[1 reply] : #include <string> (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
C++ program about adding students, calculateing their marks

Hello I really need your help. I don't know C++ but now I need to write a program on that language. I will be very grateful if someone could create that program...
[1 reply] : why do u need it? (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
by rudy01
C++ generate random data (fast)

Hi, I just want to know how fast can C++ generate data? For example, I have a downstream device that is connected to my pc via a Gigabit Ethernet, and I have ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for the reply. I see what you mean, and I will try this. By the... (by rudy01)
by fasck
Program works in release mode, not in debug!

Hello, i've got an assigment that requires me to overload some operators and add some objects together. I will show the code and explain as good as I can. v...
[1 reply] : If line 6 of the SArray::operator+= snippet sets the value that get_a... (by cire)
by LunarB
Multithreading C++ Socket Servers

I'm having a bit of trouble learning how to multithread a socket server. I have everything working perfectly fine, but it only accepts one client (I would lik...
[4 replies] Last: Assuming Windows.. check out CreateThread(...) http://www.codeproject... (by bradw)
Convert 64 bit function to 32 bit

if anyone can help me converting this code into a 32 bit function: MAX_UNSIGNED quantum_hash64(MAX_UNSIGNED key, int width) { MAX_UNSIGNED k32; k32 ...
[1 reply] : Unless I'm mistaken... DWORD is already 32 bit. I'm not mistaken: htt... (by Disch)
How do I pass a string variable to MessageBox()?

hello, I am having trouble finding the solution to printing the contents of a variable. Here is my code: void OnSize(HWND hwnd, UINT flag, int width, int he...
[2 replies] Last: Wow, that worked. Thanks. (by Keith Wilcox)
Problem with Program

Why does this program only give me numbers as an answer im running it on codeblocks as is. Also let me know where to post if this is in incorrect part of...
[1 reply] : What do you mean? It's outputting numbers, not the text? (by ResidentBiscuit)
How to Modify the Close (X) Button

Hi, I would like to know how I would modify the close (X) button in the GUI. For example, I would like to be able to have the user click on it and the program t...
[no replies]
Creating a Game

Hello! I am a programmer that is new to the language of C++, and i am very confused about one thing. How do i read a specific part of a file? I am trying to cre...
[4 replies] Last: Good to know it helped. Yes, that would be easier to parse. You could ... (by Ogoyant)
by xsesx
Problem Displaying Address of Character

When this programs runs it displays odd symbols for the address of the character. This is only part of the program, I took out the parts that already work. Is t...
[2 replies] Last: Ah, I understand now. Thanks for the help! (by xsesx)
warning

what is the meaning of this warning? Ambiguous operators need parentheses in function main ().
[5 replies] Last: The compiler is telling you that you probably should do this: cout <... (by Disch)
Font in SDL with opengl?

Hello Everyone, i am using Opengl with SDL(instead of glut),i tried to render SDL text creating function as follows Uint32 colorRGB(SDL_Surface *surface, Ui...
[no replies]
by aj3423
how to implement data binding

Hi, I found this msdn article( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc534994.aspx ) about a gui library called egui++( http://torjo.com/egui/index.html ) ...
[no replies]
by AZ6190
HELP!

Hi all! I need help writing a program that can search the Database of Interacting Proteins (or any protein database) for all human monomeric protein-protein ...
[1 reply] : What kind of database is it? databases usually have tools for importin... (by coder777)
NEED HELP!

I need a program in c++ that will enter a limit of the loop. using nested for loop with a limit of 3 loops only. like this ! for (){ for (){ for (){ ...
[2 replies] Last: int count = 0; for(int i =1; i < limit_of_loop + 1; i++) { int c... (by HiteshVaghani1)
threads in a loop being started more than once issue

I'm building a simple as chat client, it uses the console, im only really familiarizing myself with everything and so i guess the thing im least familiar with h...
[10 replies] Last: the code was in java -_- (by devonrevenge)
February 2013 Pages: 1... 1112131415... 43
  Archived months: [jan2013] [mar2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.