General C++ Programming - February 2013 (Page 4)

opening a file in a void function

how do you open a file inside of a void function this is the code i have #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <sstream> #include <string> #...
[6 replies] Last: got it thanks (by cookimnstr123)
Virtual Funtionality

class A { public: virtual void foo(); }; class B: public A { private: virtual void foo(); }; Is there any ...
[4 replies] Last: I think part of what he's asking if class B can declare A's virtual f... (by MikeyBoy)
by Phiru
question about null check.

I have a Class A. and, A *testA = new A(); A *testB = new A(); testB = testA; if(testA) { delete testA; testA = NULL; } after that, the add...
[2 replies] Last: I got it. I was going to wrong way. Thanks. (by Phiru)
c++ Array loop question!!

ok so i know how mod works but i just cant seem to figure out how this loop after its executes gets there values , ive done it so many times but i just cant see...
[1 reply] : The output does not correspond to the loop actions. For example alpha ... (by vlad from moscow)
Sound in C++?

OK, I know some people say it's not so good, but I do use Bloodshed's Dev-C++, and it fulfills my purposes just fine. But the thing I want to do is add sound to...
[9 replies] Last: Use BASS library, works on windows, linux, etc most games uses it, it ... (by modoran)
Allocation/Deallocation of array within struct

Okay so I have a question. Lets say I want to create arrays of exact size for abstract data type members. For example: struct student { char name ; ...
[4 replies] Last: Yes you can do that (by Smac89)
Are Dynamic / Generic Function Pointers Possible?

Is the following possible, and if so, how would I accomplish it? //Event - Click//////////////////////////////// class EveCli { public: virtual void E...
[5 replies] Last: Of course... if you're using C++11... the easier way to do this is wit... (by Disch)
max/ min from a text file

How do I get a max or a min in my code using numbers from a text file? Any ideas or help would be great. USING THE CODE BELOW PLEASE.
[2 replies] Last: the merch.txt file's info inside of it looks like this. Darius 5 ... (by darius1)
Function not calling

Having issues getting the fight_combat function to come up in my program. main.cpp #include <iostream> #include <time.h> #include "fight.h" #include...
[8 replies] Last: Yeah i didn't want to reset it each time. I still need to set the zomb... (by EGoodman)
by Jp P
Segmentation fault

Hey everyone, it's been a while since i've posted but good job to everyone who makes this site the best. I'm working on a program that takes in a file with the ...
[no replies]
by rudy01
Jpeg Decoder

Hi, I am using C/C++, and I am trying to decode a jpeg image. My images are small in size (320x240), but the processor that the code has to run on is very slo...
[no replies]
Template Implementation Internally

How templates are implemented internally? Theoretically templates are nothing but a generic routines. But how it has been implemented internally?What complier ...
[3 replies] Last: [quote=CoolTech]" Then how its different than function overloading? " ... (by closed account zb0S216C)
Operator Overloading

Hello there!!! I want to clear a doubt about overloading "++" operator. when i overload the operator through the use of friend function why i need to pass t...
[4 replies] Last: http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2012/n3337.pdf Rea... (by PanGalactic)
by Warik
while loop trouble

Hi there, I've just started learning C++ and am working on a few small programs with while loops. But I'm having trouble with them in cases where I am trying t...
[2 replies] Last: Aha!! That fixes everything. I feel silly. Thank you for your help =) (by Warik)
help me pls for this homework

thank you pls delete this theme i am done :)
[1 reply] : We don't do homework assignments for free here. (by PanGalactic)
by abu
Opening HTML file

Hello Friends, I am working on win32 application and want to include a help file. I have the help file ready in word document (with a couple of figures in it) a...
[6 replies] Last: Ok thanks I will try these options. (by abu)
Help for my program

Hello how can help me to create a program that input how many number do you want to display,odd,even and count the odd and even .using loop? how many number do...
[8 replies] Last: You have a loop inside a loop. That means that, for a single value of... (by MikeyBoy)
Unit Test Array

Okay, so I am trying to start an array for a Unit Test. This test is used to find different variations of binary. Example: 0001, find other possible variation o...
[2 replies] Last: Basically, this is a Automated Combinatorial Testing. (by Explic1t)
Strncmp equivalent

Hey I am using string class(buiilt in class)... The equivalent for strcmp is compare function so what is the equivalent of strncmp function...??? ...
[4 replies] Last: string::compare is a three-way comparison function: it returns one of ... (by Cubbi)
Algorithm for a problem (1,2)

I am trying to solv a problem and I got it to a part which I can't solv and it is realy complicated because it has to be eficient. I have M number of objects, ...
[25 replies] Last: Why no repy? (by zoran404)
February 2013 Pages: 123456... 43
  Archived months: [jan2013] [mar2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.