General C++ Programming - February 2013 (Page 5)

by ASQ19
I've nested loops and would like to separate them

Hi I've a loop inside another loop and would like to separate them into two different loops and keep the same functionality, since I'm having trouble with proba...
[2 replies] Last: My friend I made the modification with the help of my mate The modifi... (by ASQ19)
Files Reading from .pdf

Hi, How do I read a .pdf file using C++? When I try to open it using myfile.open ("example.pdf"); but all I see is some Crazy Symbols. Is there any way to op...
[3 replies] Last: Read general article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_Document_Fo... (by tfityo)
Error in the main to call the function !

i get this erorr today when im trying to use the inhertance with class , and I was surprised by this error in the main say 1- error C2374: 'D' : redefinition...
[9 replies] Last: This is the error: error: ‘::main’ must return ‘int’ As you ca... (by LB)
reading in .dat files

I need to read in two .dat files contents of file 1 graham crackers; 2 squares 59 milk chocolate; 1 bar 235 cheese, swiss; 1 oz 108 marshmallows; 1 cup ...
[2 replies] Last: this is the code i have #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #incl... (by cookimnstr123)
Problem with setting up blank window.

I am working on "Beginning Directx11 Game Programming" and the first thing i am supposed to do is type this code and run it in Microsoft Visual Studio c++. I ke...
[6 replies] Last: ok i have actually got it to start up with the additional code into th... (by Willmannn)
Help with errors! Please Help Me!

Hi im making this blank window in microsoft visual studios 2012. (c++) Here is the code: #include <Windows.h> int WINAPI wWinMain( HINSTANCE hInstance, HINS...
[7 replies] Last: I have read on and found a solution to the problem in the book... It w... (by Willmannn)
Hex phrasing

I have this text of hex values(32hex digit): 00112233445566778899aabbccddeeff and i want to transform this text to be put in array like this for example : u...
[no replies]
Help With String Parsing

I really have no idea why it's not working, but I'm trying to convert a double into a string to count the number of characters. It works, but if I have an umber...
[no replies]
by vacing
Modify a member by static_cast cause segmentation fault

I have the next program: if I comment the assignation mNum=num; or mCh=ch the segmentation fault don't exist. #include <vector> class Base{ public: ...
[2 replies] Last: You pass the value 2 to the One constructor when it expects 0 or 1. (by Peter87)
determining the winner?

Everything seems to be working in my dice pig console game except for determining the winner between the user and the computer. It is supposed to say you win wh...
[4 replies] Last: Yelnatz is right - if continuePlay is equal to 1 at the start of the l... (by MikeyBoy)
increase sizes of the queue in a vector of queues and find shortest queue

i have a paradigm in a loop of queues of a vector,if a condition is true,increase sizes of the queue of that particular queue in the loop of queues, if conditio...
[12 replies] Last: @coder777 Thanks alot for your interaction. (by Rahul kumar S)
Sum of series

Why isnt this prgram working? Need help fast! Its urgent! #include<iostream.h> #include<conio.h> void main() { clrscr(); int n; float x, t, sum=0; t=x; ...
[15 replies] Last: You didn't listen to him... (by yelnatz)
Terminal/Compile problem

Hi folks, I hope you guys can help me out on this issue. I've designed a program in c++ that uses the canny edge detector to detects edges on different image...
[no replies]
Header file link-time error mystery

I am reading "Programming Principles and Practice Using C++" by Bjarne Stroustrup. I haven't paid that much attention to separating declarations from definition...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! Everything works perfectly now! I thought it creates a chain a... (by benbalach)
help me out with a code for this problem.

A certain organization insures its employees according to the following criteria: i. Male and 18 year and above ii. Male unmarried and 21 year and above ii...
[2 replies] Last: im new in this... i have no idea what to do iv just started and the l... (by popsticx)
non-standard array access

Hi, I am working on a problem with a constraint for accessing arrays. I cannot use the following common methods. array *(array + i) I've been lookin...
[8 replies] Last: [quote=LB]I can understand why the third works, but why doesn't the se... (by coder777)
by AMB
HELP PLEASE

Write a program that reads data from a file (use the attached data file). These data are a student name and 3 test scores. The program should calculate the av...
[3 replies] Last: Best of luck... (by gaurya95)
simultaneously assign value to struct members

Hi, If I have a struct of some vector members, like struct { vector<double> a; vector<double> b; vector<double> c; // ...... continue } struct_tes...
[6 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <functional> #include <vector> struct ... (by vlad from moscow)
Getting Array error

I have been working on a code for a week now and keep getting the same error everytime. The code is supposed to move an ASCII smiley face up,down,left,and right...
[19 replies] Last: I already told you how to get x and y above. And of course cout<<... (by yelnatz)
C++ Array help!!!!!

ok my program reads data from a txt file and it displays the test scores and the sum of the scores, and it also shows the max and min from the scores , so far o...
[17 replies] Last: thank you so much!!!! (by ezaz12121)
February 2013 Pages: 1... 34567... 43
  Archived months: [jan2013] [mar2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.