General C++ Programming - February 2014 (Page 8)

struct precedence

In following expression: *p++->str Assume p is a pointer to a struct: e.g. struct point *p; Highest precedence ->. The -> operator first dereference...
[4 replies] Last: Highest precedence -> not quite: post-increment and -> have equal pr... (by Cubbi)
what is the use of a function pointer?

Under any circumstances I can think of, when I feel I need use a function pointer, I can always use some if and switch statement to replace. Cannot think of ...
[2 replies] Last: There are also times when using function pointers (especially passing ... (by TwilightSpectre)
how cin.getline works

I need assistance wit an assignment I was given. I cant get the program to print out the first and last word at once. thanks #include <iostream> #include <c...
[2 replies] Last: Duplicate: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/124331/ (by cire)
Text adventures

Could somebody please tell me if this code is any good to use? //******************************************* //* * ...
[3 replies] Last: kbw, here is a revised version, it should run a text adventure. //***... (by funkybacon)
Text file format junk in getline

So, I'm building an assembler for a class. While I have a list of issues, one of the main problems I'm having is that I get format info in the getine. This is s...
[2 replies] Last: I'm not sure, I know that its the format of the file but idk why it co... (by SpanishViking13)
Creating Files with String filenames

I can't get c++ compilers to create or open files with a string input, even though the compiler accepts a file name in "quotes". How can I get this compiled (I...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for your help. I'm starting with C++ after many years with Pas... (by GBarOfAvn)
by EdFab
Need help building the Boost_1_55_0 /lib folder

I had a problem getting boost_1_55_0 set up correctly (according to the boost.org), so I deleted the whole thing and re-did it. I'm using Windows 8.1 and Visual...
[2 replies] Last: Fortunately, this youtube explains in detail how to build boost binari... (by EdFab)
Garlic and Spices -help

Description Garlic, a wanderlust since she was 16, has been traveling for a living. She particularly likes driving to places and practically spends about 80% ...
[3 replies] Last: i know iam not asking for a code., iam asking for an idea im almost fi... (by black3024)
Requesting coding assistance.

Hey everyone, so i have a program that i found in the textbook im currently studying which leaves me a bit confused. Theres no examples of it nor can i find any...
[1 reply] : duplicated http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/124281/ (by ne555)
by seerax
Salary,

void calcWeeklyPay(double empData , const int count) { double wage; double hour; int row; for (row = 0 ; row < count; row++); { hour = empD...
[2 replies] Last: omg...thank you so much... (by seerax)
arrays in c++

Write your question here. I want sum of number in array. example: enter any 5 numbers:12345=15 or if user enters 16=7 the control should not go to the next ...
[1 reply] : Write your answer here. This post is so rude. (by Chriscpp)
by Gyiove
Hooking mouse things like wheel up from another window.

Hello! I need to somehow hook the SDL created window mouse events ( wheel up and down ) Somehow, in sdl mouse wheel does not seems to work at all... Found ...
[7 replies] Last: When you call SetWindowPtrLong to change the window proc, that's exact... (by Disch)
Commas to terminate

So I have the code completely done but when I execute and out put the numbers my answer comes out: Enter integer: 2 Factors of all number up to 2 1: 1, 2: 1, ...
[3 replies] Last: Generally, the trick used is to have an if statement at the start of t... (by LB)
by LB
Pointer to array...?

http://ideone.com/FrolQl #include <iostream> #include <typeinfo> int main() { using Arr_t = int ; auto arr = new Arr_t; std::cout << typeid(Arr_t).name() <<...
[4 replies] Last: Ah, ok. I guess the idea of dynamically allocating it was throwing me ... (by LB)
string comparison case-insensitive program, need some help!

So I have started this program for class but am stuck on what to do next. Basically you need to create a function to compare 2 strings (case-insensitive). The...
[2 replies] Last: thanks, so I corrected my code but need some urgent help regarding the... (by pintu1228)
Class problem

I'm trying to create a class, that creates objects, that hold the information for three employees. I've made the specification file(.h), the implementation file...
[2 replies] Last: Hey thanks for your response! I actually realized I had to right click... (by DarkBlue)
C++11 and Boost Library

I have a co-worker that keeps telling me that Boost is part of the C++ standard (assuming C++11 standard). I saw that TR1 contained 10-11 new methods based on B...
[3 replies] Last: Can anyone list the Boost Libraries that are contained in C++11? Ju... (by Cubbi)
DirectX How to put an outline around bounding box?

For a 2d platform game. As title says. I want to see the bounding box that I have created to help with de-bugging, I have the bounding box set to the edges of ...
[1 reply] : Wouldn't you be more likely to find the help you're looking for on a D... (by MikeyBoy)
by newton
Translate Code

I am having trouble translating this fortran code to c++. I am running a program on lid driven cavity and have everything done except for several lines. r...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks NT3! I found what I needed and have my code up and running (by newton)
by joyjoy
add 2 asterisks for each line

* *** ***** ......... How to print such list of asterisks using a for loops. There are a total of n lines, n is a variable. Thanks in advance!
[3 replies] Last: guys please use code tags when posting http://www.cplusplus.com/articl... (by Yanson)
February 2014 Pages: 1... 678910... 33
  Archived months: [jan2014] [mar2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.