General C++ Programming - February 2014 (Page 9)

A problem with sprintf

Hi, I'm a newbie in all this C++ stuff and I couldn't handle this problem. The objective of the source code is to print this message: Col.0: ( 0 5.25456...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks Yanson, i didn't became aware of it, this is the final code: ... (by loryisus)
Getline use code help

Ok, I have looked through the forum and it looks like I am doing what I am supposed to do. I am using a class, and trying to get my getline function to work to...
[4 replies] Last: Yes. The second one is literally this: The function will go through th... (by TwilightSpectre)
maze

You are to write a program that will read the paths of the input maze then finds the shortest path from the entrance to the exit of the maze. Input Format Th...
[5 replies] Last: Not use any what? (by MikeyBoy)
Map Help

I have program that is supposed to read in a story from an input file and separate the words and output the lines on which the word occurs. It needs to read in...
[1 reply] : When reading the file, you correctly read the line with getline. But ... (by kbw)
Processing Speed of Rectangle Intersect Function

I'm trying to find the fastest method to find whether or not two rectangles intersect in an effort to streamline my code. I've built this function into a recta...
[3 replies] Last: [quote=L B]I think you forgot that short-circuit evaluation exists. It... (by coder777)
by dnulho
Creating the ability to read "Pages" into my program

I am working on writing a game that progresses from one "page" to the next. However, with the knowledge and experience I have right now I am only able to hardco...
[9 replies] Last: First read this: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/69685/#msg3725... (by JLBorges)
by smg9s
My while loop will not end

//my program asks me to write a C++ program that generates a random number between 1-100, and lets the user guess the number until he/she guesses correctly. //...
[2 replies] Last: Please use code tags! [ code ] [ / code ] (without the spaces) Why is... (by Mats)
ifstream problem

i have this problem- since i need to get my input from a "*.in" file using ifsream., is there's an easy way to get input for example- this is input.in 2 3...
[2 replies] Last: using namespace; int main() { ifstream input; input.open("d.in"); ... (by black3024)
by Renato
Make C++ program into exe?

How do i make my program into a application?
[4 replies] Last: @ Cronnoc : *Cringe* it's called Hex-rays buddy, or more specifically... (by Computergeek01)
by LB
Mixed Endinanness?

Does the C++ standard allow for different data types to have different endianness? For example, would an implementation with big endian integers and little endi...
[8 replies] Last: > HTTP horrifies me. HTTP is not plain text; it is marked up hypertex... (by JLBorges)
Easy sockets

Hey all, Im looking for a library that makes networking in c++ easier. I've used "raw" sockets in linux, but i really didnt like it. Any suggestions is appr...
[15 replies] Last: @computergeek: If I didn't act like an idiot occasionally people would... (by LB)
by ChaseL
Recursive Array Functions help?

I have most of my code written (3 recursive functions, one to fill an array with 50 randomly generated numbers between 1 and 500, one to print out all 50 number...
[no replies]
Judge me hard!

I need someone to judge my game, tell me how to do whatever and help me out. First , what would you like to see in a game? Unfortunately, I'm stuck writing 1...
[4 replies] Last: I'm writing this in TI-BASIC, C++ and Pen&Paper. (by RealGiganitris)
Variable initation problem

So I have a template, part of a larger code, that is designed to calculate the number of multiplications it took to reach a certain number. The problem is, when...
[10 replies] Last: Here are my changes to it: using namespace std; ... int j = 0; int ... (by fizanimtiaz93)
C++ Project

What Dev C++ project can I do to present on our defense? Please give me ideas, don't worry about codes I'll make it. Just anything useful.. Btw, I'm in first ye...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks HellfireXP. I'll try to make that Budget Tracker or Inventory D... (by BinaryBeyb)
Selection sort 2d char array

I am not sure on how to sort the last name instead of first name. Everything works so far and sorting is done on the first character. #include <iostream> ...
[4 replies] Last: Duoas, thank you for your helpful responses. I am now able to get my s... (by monstur)
by S G H
C++11 and Alignment

I'm trying to use alignas, but it feels like it's being silently ignored. I'm supposed to have a BITMAPFILEHEADER struct manually declared to avoid dependencie...
[7 replies] Last: It was just for testing, I am aware of those types, I'm supposed to us... (by S G H)
std::bad_alloc issues

I am trying to use smart pointers to sort and re-link potentially large data elements. I have defined a class in my code for smart pointers, as listed below: ...
[6 replies] Last: template <typename T> void slist<T>::sort() { if( N > 1 ) // at l... (by JLBorges)
experiments with wave file

This is sort of 'episode 2' of the topic 'how to generate sounds of mixed waveforms' (http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/109119/) I took xismn's code and...
[1 reply] : You're incrementing c twice. So one of your channels should have a ph... (by htirwin)
error C2533: 'TimeOff::{ctor}' : constructors not allowed a return type

HI, I am kind of new to C++ and I am stuck in an error message. error C2533: 'TimeOff::{ctor}' : constructors not allowed a return type #inclu...
[1 reply] : You're supposed to have only [co de] before the code and only after... (by LB)
February 2014 Pages: 1... 7891011... 33
  Archived months: [jan2014] [mar2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.