General C++ Programming - July 2013 (Page 7)

by dgsm98
Learning

Hello everyone, I am new to c++ and programming what so ever, but i have always been interested in programming. I have a book about game programming through c++...
[4 replies] Last: No problem. (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
by dpixel
exe has encountered a problem

Hi All, I'm getting a: " exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. " I'm getting this after I shut the prog...
[11 replies] Last: I found the problem. It was in my badly coded animation frame counter... (by dpixel)
Characters

Hello, I encountered this problem and I was stuck for a days.... my problem is that when i change the string Nickname; - into a char Nickname ; the compiler ...
[6 replies] Last: I know. OP's last post seemed to suggest it. (by Duthomhas)
String streams and ifstream

I'm trying to read data from a file that looks like this: 1234567890Fred Murtz C00002000.01 ...and so on The first digits ...
[7 replies] Last: @ DTSCode 'sallright. @ ThePoloHobo You changed the definition of ... (by Duthomhas)
Constructor Error

I'm a beginner and need help finding a solution to this constructor problem I'm having. My code is as follows: #include <iostream> #include <cmath> u...
[5 replies] Last: CoorX1 =x1; CoorY1 =y1; CoorX2 =x2; ... (by ankushnandan)
Bad syntax habit prevention

Hi, I'm just beginning to learn about structures, pointers, and references. I'm trying to practice what I've learned. I understand the idea of these new concept...
[10 replies] Last: Sounds good to me. I suppose I'll just read on through until I come ac... (by Redeyery)
Thanks for all the help please read this!

I have been so happy from eveyones replys on all my posts! Thanks so much, and I am very sorry for posting like 5 or 6 of the same post sometimes its just I nee...
[11 replies] Last: no. you wont find someone who will host your site for free. http://www... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
GPGPU programming

Hi, This summer, I'll be getting a new desktop. It's going to be used only for programming. For the moment, I have a 15inch laptop, and it's hard working on it...
[3 replies] Last: 1. CUDA is a better choice if you only care about supporting NVIDIA s... (by htirwin)
Insert text in data file

I would like to insert ( n ) characters at the given position ( p ) of the data file (not to replace characters between p and p+n ). Specifically, I am lo...
[no replies]
Question regarding string array (1,2)

so if we have string n ={"jay", "mike", "paul", "billy", "adam"); and we want to output them isn't this suppose to be right ? i want to output those n...
[26 replies] Last: yeah i see it never mind, but still not working (by Bleedz129)
Help help! Please!

I am trying to make a HTML sign in/out and register code for my website, I know they are really easy to make, does anyone have one I can use?
[1 reply] : i dont think you can in html. i know you can in php (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Book for SDL

can someone tell me a good book for programming games with SDL?
[2 replies] Last: (I thought I already posted, I guess it didn't go through). Anyway I w... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Linked List(Insert Duplicated item) on each of the list

bool InsertResult(char *filename, List<Student> *list) { ifstream infile; List<Exam> exm; List<Subject> subj; string tmp; int size; char trimester ...
[no replies]
by dgsm98
Beginner , need help

So I am just beginning using c++..im learning through a c++ game programming book...and so i just finished chapter one, and now i want to create me little own t...
[7 replies] Last: Have a look at the "console closing down" sticky thread in the beginne... (by a k n)
How to sum two int arrays ?

like for example if Num1 =2 Num2 =3 this is not working x= Num1 + Num2 ; is there any other way ? THANKS !
[11 replies] Last: Cause i started figuring it out on my own....and more questions came u... (by Bleedz129)
code check to speed it up

Hi guys I hope you don't mind in helping me to try and speed up the execution process by suggesting some changes, as i might have coded inefficiently. I c...
[8 replies] Last: what's a profiler and how do i use it to decide where to improve. the... (by asda333)
by frnick
Data file

Hey. How do i create a data file?
[2 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/fstream/fstream/?kw=fstream (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Dynamic Memory Allocation and free

After using malloc , we use free keyword to release memory. But , I want to see memory alterations when use 'free' keyword.Is there any simple code block to se...
[1 reply] : OK I solved it .(from task manager) (by vFreeman)
Boost Filesystem

my directory structure is "C:\test\two\data\1111" how do i modify the code below so that i will only get "C:\test\two" instead of "C:\test\two" "C...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks a lot. (by rafae11)
by nkhau
How to declare variable

How to declare variable for all void() as I have another void s in my C++ program. I want to have a variable that can use for all the void and not only in a si...
[17 replies] Last: > now all my program use only void main int main() { main() must ... (by JLBorges)
July 2013 Pages: 1... 56789... 34
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.