General C++ Programming - March 2013 (Page 8)

Capital and lower case letters

Hello! How can I write program that can convert an input string into a form that only the first letter of the string is a capital letter and the rest is lower-...
[3 replies] Last: I certainly see.. (by tcan618)
by aj3423
looking for a linear programming library

Hi, I'm working on a gui layout manager, I've read some articles about implementing gui layout using linear constraint, seems interesting, for example eg1: ...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks but that's too complex to me, I'm looking for a win32 library. (by aj3423)
Reading Data from file, then storing it to re use

Morning guys, Im tasked with reading a data file, this is an example snippet list of trophy winners year facup leaguecup 1stdiv ...
[1 reply] : #include <fstream> #include <sstream> #include <vector> #include <stri... (by jaylad87)
Progrmming help

Just need some help. My program at the moment is below this set of instructions. I have no clue what to do next, need some help please guys. <Your full...
[3 replies] Last: i dont understand how to use getline to do all of my calculations and... (by MikeyBoy)
runtime identification

What is the problem with runtime identification?????
[1 reply] : There is no problems with Run-Time Type Identification as long as you ... (by MiiNiPaa)
by Banhas
Inputting into double-sized vector freezes?!

Good morning everyone, This is actually my first C++ experience and I've been trying to complete an assignment. Everything is going just fine however, there se...
[7 replies] Last: It's an easy mistake to make :) Glad you found it! (by MikeyBoy)
Please help me spot errors

#include <iostream> using namespace std; void dimensionCheck (double, char); // Function prototype - dimensions. void holesCheck (int, char); // Fu...
[2 replies] Last: 1) Prototype for dimensionCheck is void dimensionCheck (double, ch... (by MiiNiPaa)
by tsvi
split string (unknown len)

hello there. I manage to split this str = "abc,def,123" to s1 = "abc" , s2 = "def" , s3 = "123" with this piece of code using find and substr . s...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you very much!! What an amazing person. Thanks !! (by tsvi)
by Medino
I need help emidiately, please!

I'm trying to write a code which will generate numbers for a binomial coefficient from a number interval [2-10], i think it should look like this: n=2 r=2 n=2 r...
[1 reply] : When posting code here, please use code formatting tags, to make it ea... (by MikeyBoy)
How do you Create a Button that when pressed selects a random word from a list

Hey guys I am currently using Flash I'm new at this so please use words I will understand. Here are two images I will be refering through without this pos...
[1 reply] : If you didn't notice this is C++ forum. You will have more luck if you... (by MiiNiPaa)
by Kombz
Inputting text from a file

I have to write this program that is to store the name, address, id number, etc of a student. The data is supposed to be brought in through main and there will ...
[1 reply] : You will need: 1. a struct or class to hold each record 2. a containe... (by ajh32)
Removing Vowels

The goal is to remove vowels. Could someone help me with the string.at part... clearly my syntax is wrong. Thanks! #include <string> #include <iostream> ...
[5 replies] Last: The reason you are getting that error is because you are trying to acc... (by osgwsy)
Reading in .txt file to 2D array

Hello. My assignment is to read in from a .txt file two things: an integer and a string. After reading in these 2 items I have to put them into a 10x10 2D array...
[1 reply] : you can use std::pair<double, char> to store both interrelated values.... (by MiiNiPaa)
by tomz6
Storing data to CPU memory?

Is it possible to store data to CPU memory, if so how much memory can I store and how? Say I wanted to store an array, about 6MB in size?
[1 reply] : What do you mean by processor memory? Registers? If so, you can using ... (by MiiNiPaa)
by tomz6
Easy way to do parallel processing?

Does anyone know of an easy way to get the computer to do separate tasks for each core? Assuming each task has no memory collisions etc. how can I get each c...
[1 reply] : If there no shared memory or anything else, why don't you jurt write f... (by MiiNiPaa)
Accessing private members

I've been reading the tutorials on Friendship and Inheritance (http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/inheritance/) but I still don't understand why I can't acce...
[6 replies] Last: Oh, yeah. Sweet! Thanks! (by Arbondawn)
by shyjuu
Doubt in printing memory address of first element in array

Which of the following gives the memory address of the first element in array aFoo, an array with 100 elements? A) aFoo ; B) aFoo; C) &aFoo; D) aFoo ; ...
[2 replies] Last: This also produce same answer as I stated above so what is the correct... (by shyjuu)
Stuck with a do while loop. need help please!

Alright I have a program that needs to calculate different rates of commission for a particular sale I'm stuck in a loop and I'm not sure how to update the f...
[2 replies] Last: You probably shouldn't be reading the sales amount in the loop, as you... (by Zhuge)
by shyjuu
What is this called?

Which of the following allows change in behavior of member function of a class without changing its declaration (A) Method overloading B) Method overriding ...
[10 replies] Last: LB Thankss a lot (by shyjuu)
doing a dialog box for visual studio2005

i've took some codes from VS 2010 to make a dialog box in VS 2005 but there are errors to it. can someone help me with this problem. the codes are stated below....
[no replies]
March 2013 Pages: 1... 678910... 51
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.