General C++ Programming - October 2012 (Page 42)

Passing datatype into a function

Here is the sample code template <typename T> inline T fromString(const string &str , T &tx){ istringstream stream(str) ; stream >> tx ; ret...
[4 replies] Last: thanks all ..I have used the function as used by both @vlad and @peter... (by Raman009)
help please ! senior !

Shipping Container #include <iostream> #include <string> #ifndef SHIPPINGCONTAINER_H #define SHIPPINGCONTAINER_H using namespace std; class Shippin...
[7 replies] Last: As already suggested to you both by myself (in your other thread) and... (by guestgulkan)
Design patterns frequently seen in embedded systems programming

I don't have any question related to coding. My concerns are about embedded systems programming. Because I am new in the realm of embedded programming, I wo...
[1 reply] : Of the embeded systems I've worked on, all were done in C and/or assem... (by AbstractionAnon)
class

plz check this /* A class car with three data menbers id,name and price of the car.It also contains the following member function. * the get() function is us...
[2 replies] Last: thnx :p (by nailamunir)
kinetic energy

// Includes #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> #include <conio.h> using namespace std; // Prototypes double kineticEnergy(double mass , double m...
[10 replies] Last: It means you are passing by reference . When you don't have them, you... (by TheJJJunk)
Base Class Pointers and Class Inheritance

I'm trying to create a series of classes (a base class called Ship, with two derived classes Cruiseship and Cargoship)that will print out different pieces of da...
[10 replies] Last: I feel silly that this all resulted from one misplaced bracket. On... (by cire)
OpenGL Rotation

Hey everyone, I have been looking online to find a solution to this but can't seem to find one. I have created a shape in OpenGl and have rotated it about its c...
[2 replies] Last: Wow, that was more help than I could ask for. I will try and implement... (by mikeecb)
Highest division quarterly

// Includes #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> using namespace std; // Prototypes double getSales(double & quarterly); void findHighest(); //...
[5 replies] Last: oh ok, i understand now, i see what you meant thank you. (by Reaper1)
Help! how to add binary search in this program

OPTION 1: data structure (sub menu) 1) computing 2) Stack 3) Queue 4) Binary search 5) Back to main menu im finished with all the options excep...
[1 reply] : if(b==4) { binary: char bina; int data ={32,16,3... (by viciousbasan)
Run-Time Check Failure #2

Hi all, Here is my code: char scTemp ; unsigned short usCurrent; m_ctEdTemp.GetWindowText(scTemp, 8); sscanf(scTemp, "%u", &usCurrent); Does anyone know ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks !! (by josephhhhh)
by odinx
I'm trying to output a specifi error.

#include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> #include <cmath> using std::cout; using std::endl; using std::cin; double sort(double input , int N) { doubl...
[2 replies] Last: worked perfectly. Thanks (by odinx)
Class Specialization

I tried to understand the following code but it's not getting into my head. So can anyone please explain the following lines of code. template <> // the f...
[7 replies] Last: thanks a lot @Framework (by Raman009)
Writing a lexical analyzer/parser

Hi, i'm trying to learn more about how Lexical Analyzers/Parsers work. I haven't coded any classes yet, because i'm not really sure how the entire process from ...
[4 replies] Last: Take a look at: Parsing Techniques: A Practical Guide by Grune and ... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
Problem 1: 0/1 Tiles

i am trying to solve this problem in c++ --> http://www.icm2010.org.in/index.php/problems/01TILES but i am getting wrong answer for larges inputs, here is m...
[2 replies] Last: thanks a lot, it worked (by meteora)
Need help with homework

For this assignment, write a program that will simulate an ATM for PCME Bank. The user will be displayed a menu with the different banking options: C)heck...
[2 replies] Last: Why does it loop through three times? instead of the for loop, try a ... (by pogrady)
Arrays-max num location

I finally got this array set up but I need help modifying it to display the location (row & column) that the max number is in. Can anyone assist me with this? ...
[2 replies] Last: I'm trying to make the program display the row & column that the max n... (by aaronfue)
Array outputting zero's instead of numbers

Hey guys, I'm getting frustrated over this problem because I've tried everything within my knowledge to fix it but it still won't give me what I want. I h...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks guys! Your suggestions helped - I fixed the call/declaration f... (by valiant93)
POINTERS TO ARRAY

This is a class exercise in which I am graded, if you do not feel like answering it I will understand. On the other hand I am lost and can't figure out what I a...
[6 replies] Last: Rollie, JLBorges; I went back to my program and read the sentence and... (by mendozae)
How to make n character appear 3times using the while loop

ive been trying to create a c++ program that will display my name three times using the while loop but it keeps going wrong after all my try. please if anyone c...
[6 replies] Last: thanks (by richard120)
Why is Java more popular than C++ (1,2,3,4,5,6)

:[ Also, what's the difference between C++ and Java classes? It seems a little different in Java. I just started learning Java.
[103 replies] Last: Hattiem wrote: Java is a powerful software for learning differe... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
October 2012 Pages: 1... 4041424344... 50
  Archived months: [sep2012] [nov2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.