General C++ Programming - October 2012 (Page 43)

Better Sudoku Solver Input Method

I have been working on a sudoku solver for some time now. The major problem is that inputting the values using cin is a pain, typing in the row, column, and val...
[no replies]
Binary Search Tree Problem

#include<iostream> using namespace std; class btree { public: struct node { int data; ...
[7 replies] Last: Rishav, one of the most important skills in professional programming i... (by rollie)
Underflow error reading the file

I was wondering what is wrong with my code since it giving me a segmentation fault and I'm not sure if the problem is in how the file is being accessed or being...
[1 reply] : int count = 0; // count is zero array.user = new char ; // so you a... (by Disch)
by zepher
automatically delete remove item ptr from stl::list

If I have a very simple class and have a list of CPerson pointers like: list<CPerson *> lstPersonPtrs; // Function that loads CPerson ptrs to list s...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you - I forgot about using a smart pointer. (by zepher)
Need Microseconds

I cant figure out how to make this into microseconds. What I have just does seconds. clock_t t1, t2; t1=clock(); code... t2=clock(); float diff = ((...
[12 replies] Last: zo'o you may be running out of coal. timer_resolution \neq cpu_speed (by ne555)
(const int's) in .h

Here are the code details: "verbs.h" #define __VERBS_H__ namespace OVERBS { enum OBJ_VERBS { zero, CUDDLE, EMBRACE, FLIP, GROPE, HUG, KISS, LI...
[8 replies] Last: I need the "zero" in there as a place holder, so, it has a purpose. I... (by xwielder)
C++

I have implemented a structure and called a function where I created the deck of card. Now I want this created deck of card to be displayed in a separate functi...
[1 reply] : We'll need some code if you want help. I'm guessing you have someth... (by Stewbond)
Asking some questions Please answer ?

Q1) Write complete C++ program that will read three integer values x, y and z from keyboard then compute the following expressions independently.? z = (2√...
[7 replies] Last: You have renamed your thread to be very similar to a different one, an... (by TheIdeasMan)
Podofo - PDF Library (Open Source), Static compile?

I have downloaded and unzipped the .tar file on the PODOFO website in the hope that I would find a header file and a source file for my c++ project. I'm using C...
[no replies]
by vrakas
Floating numbers

Hello guys. I have this problem: Our teacher told us that floats and doubles are not accurate. I think he said the if you have 0,1 stored in a float a and yo...
[7 replies] Last: There are other things to consider. Changing a type from float to ... (by TheIdeasMan)
Class error

can somebody figure out what went wrong and fix the error please? #include <iostream> #include <ctime> #include <string> #include <sstream> #include <cstdli...
[6 replies] Last: thanks for these good type of information.... (by Felixey)
Read and write to a txt file

Everything runs except that in the results.txt file created in the c drive the only number outputted is the number 5 how do i create a loop so the output i...
[3 replies] Last: i meant to copy the data.txt file to results.txt file What Wesley... (by TheIdeasMan)
function template in c++

l am trying to write a c++ function template which takes two parameter one a pointe to any array of type T and other integer, which l write a main program decla...
[2 replies] Last: EVERY LINE had an error on it. I've highlighted those for you. Fix t... (by Stewbond)
c++ a program

You own shares of 4 different companies. You need to write a program to store the following information of the stocks and then to display it. The information t...
[17 replies] Last: hello JJJunk, just want to say thank you for your help. l was able to... (by noranata)
Malicious Prank: Not destructive, just very very very very annoying.... (1,2,3)

My sis is makeing me mad, and I thought I would wip up a little program to make her want to punch her computer through it's flatscreen, lol. Here is what I hav...
[46 replies] Last: Our subconscious minds have no sense of humor, play no jokes BS. M... (by Disch)
Sum of numbers problem..

I got the last part correct and part of the beginning too but i can't get it completely correctly. The question asks "Write a program that asks the user for a p...
[3 replies] Last: Nevermind somehow i made it work... Was there an easier way to do this... (by JoeyX64)
New-ish to C++

HI - I'm newish to C++, but have been a C programmer for many years. I've been asked to look at a small piece of code and briefly explain the most serious probl...
[3 replies] Last: The problem is not a memory leak, but an attempt to release memory tha... (by AbstractionAnon)
Fibonacci sequence trouble.

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { //declaring all variables int initial_size; // in lbs. int num_of_days; int time_period...
[13 replies] Last: Well I read! ha ! took me like three days because I kept putting it of... (by insane24illusions)
Celcius Temperature Table

// Includes #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> #include <conio.h> using namespace std; // Prototypes double farhenheit(); // Farhenheit Table...
[13 replies] Last: Well, I would expect the warning about the conversion. You can safely... (by cire)
by dallas
passing type names in a C macro.

My C compiler is failing on the following macro (from the perl CGI-SpeedyCGI package) which takes a type name as an argument. Here is the macro definition: #d...
[2 replies] Last: Sorry dude... :( i have no any Idea right now..... (by Marionie)
October 2012 Pages: 1... 4142434445... 50
  Archived months: [sep2012] [nov2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.