General C++ Programming - September 2013 (Page 27)

by LB
Are long doubles a rare species?

I've noticed that not many people use the long double data type. On some environments it's the same as a double, but in others it has more precision (on one I...
[6 replies] Last: It depends entirely on context. Float is typically precise enough to d... (by Duthomhas)
How to open a file .txt that the user input in ifstream

How to open a file that the user input ifstream InFile; ofstream OutFile; InFile.open("???.txt")
[3 replies] Last: Read about string and getline and then you can do it... (by Mats)
fstream, string class; inputting strings from file

#include<iostream> #include<string> #include<fstream> #include<cstdlib> using namespace std; int main() { int n=0, count=0; ifstream inFile("hey.txt"...
[1 reply] : This looks like a homework assignment, so all I will say is: #includ... (by Mats)
by adn258
Using qsort I Don't Understand?

So I understand basic pointers etc. but I don't get how you're quite supposed to read this. So in the example on this website: /* qsort example */ #inc...
[4 replies] Last: More reading http://www.cplusplus.com/faq/sequences/sequencing/sort-st... (by Duthomhas)
Reading information off the web?

I am building a program that will read from a particular web page. I have written it so that it will parse the page correctly, but I can only do it for a downl...
[1 reply] : Are you looking for this kind of thing? How to download an http file... (by andywestken)
HELP

How to fix this error in function shellsort?? #include<iostream> #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> using namespace std; #define PALAVRA_MAX ...
[no replies]
Need Help with basic program

I am working on this project for school, I know it's sloppy, but can use a lot of help. It closes after command is answered, how do I fix it? // // Tyson Wi...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks! (by Tysonw123)
Assigning Physical Values to Pointers in VC++

This is an old question that was never answered correctly. The problem may only apply to VC++ compiler - ??. Cannot do this: const unsigned int Port = 0x90...
[1 reply] : const unsigned int PORT = 0x900E0000; const unsigned int PORT_PTR = (... (by cire)
by LB
Boost w/ MinGW - linking problems

Those of you who know me know I am constantly running into problems with linking to other libraries. Right now though I am at the end of my strings because afte...
[5 replies] Last: Wow thanks for that JLBorges! I wish I knew about this a lot sooner... (by LB)
by ASC
Problem with double

Hello, Im trying to read a textfile. Its like this: Time / s Port1 (1)/real ----------------------------------------------------...
[no replies]
book for learning c++

i want learn c++ with this book : "Beginning visual C++ 2010" Ivor Horton's. this the link : http://www.amazon.com/Ivor-Hortons-Beginning-Visual-2010/dp/0470500...
[4 replies] Last: Hi, i Used Beginning C++ through game Programming, i definitely recomm... (by Uk Marine)
display of card 2d array please help

i was reading trying to get it how to display the out put, all i got to is how to declare the arrays. kinda confuse how start it also i saw some examples have "...
[2 replies] Last: oh thank you very much, i start to get it (by mitchsoje20)
Finding mode in an array

I have to use numbers in my .txt file that are stored in an array. So i have to write a function to find the mode of the numbers in my array. What is a code t...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks for the help guys, I didn't figure out how to get this set up a... (by jordanmcpeek)
Making exe file from Visual C++ source code

Hi, I am not a C progammer & know nothing about it so sorry if my question appears to be basic. I have a problem. I use a programming language called layout ...
[5 replies] Last: There are no files like that. There is a .cpp, a few .h, .rc, .mak, .p... (by peterjb62)
by Toshen
libusb & device info & driver

Good day programmers! There is necessity to track illegal USB devices in some network. So I started to write client-server. What I want to have on client: 1) ...
[1 reply] : up (by Toshen)
by zsteve
building a z-machine emulator / infocom interpreter

I've recently been thinking about building an emulator for this fascinating z machine http://www.gnelson.demon.co.uk/zspec/ But it's quite intimidating... co...
[no replies]
how overloading operator + for literal strings?

i have 1 nice write() function: void write() { cout <<""; } template <typename A, typename ...B> void write(A argHead, B... argTail) ...
[2 replies] Last: what i want is just use the '+'(in my write function) for concat the c... (by Cambalinho)
Need some help with "C-String"/Arrays

So this is my first post here so forgive me if I'm doing it wrong but essentially I have to write a loop assigning a variable x to all positions of a string var...
[5 replies] Last: Isn't the assignment just asking you to replace all the characters wit... (by Daleth)
assignment for my class

Hello all! i am trying to do an assignment for my c++ class and i have hit a brick wall. I am supposed to write a program where 6 test scores are entered in...
[2 replies] Last: it's all good...my instructor emailed me back and got me back on track... (by barkscotty)
September 2013 Pages: 1... 2526272829... 36
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.