General C++ Programming - September 2013 (Page 28)

Compiler not recognizing numbers

Hello! I'm working on this homework assignment where the program takes in the user's height in inches, weight in pounds, and age, then calculates their hat s...
[1 reply] : > Why won't the compiler recognize 2.9 and 5.7 as numbers? I don't un... (by ne555)
Reading in the input as a string

complete
[4 replies] Last: Highly likely you've used cin>> before it, which if you pressed enter ... (by Zhuge)
Slightly Confused..

I did some C++ programming a while back but i need to refresh my memory so i go from the basic to the advanced as you do. I downloaded Visual Studio C++ (expre...
[2 replies] Last: Yeah i somehow just had a blank mind for a few mins, sorry about this ... (by Histerial)
by cfrank
c++ beginning with codeblocks

I've just installed codeblocks and I tried to build my first c++ program just to display two words. as a result I've got: fatal error: no such file or directory...
[14 replies] Last: For safety's sake, just return an int :D (by S G H)
how calculate the number of arguments in a function?

i'm trying building my how Write() function: template <typename T> .... Write(T Argument1[,T ArgumentX]) how can i calculate the numeber of Arguments ad...
[2 replies] Last: thanks for all (by Cambalinho)
transfer if-else statement into switch statement

my if else is as well as I espective, BUT SWITCH STATEMENT is the one I need help on.... How to make if else code below into SWITCH STATEMENT? co...
[6 replies] Last: It's also possible to do it using only one switch statement. Switch on... (by m4ster r0shi)
HALP

Heres some code: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main(){ cout << "Hello world"; return 0; } Now make it into the next call of du...
[6 replies] Last: ??? i said white nit was making a joke. op never said to make a game.... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
String comparison

#include <iostream> using std::cin; using std::cout; using std::endl; #include <iomanip> #include <cstdlib> #include <string.h> #include <cstring> usi...
[1 reply] : The "strcmp" function is for comparing char array's, not integers. If ... (by Computergeek01)
ifstream to binary

How do I convert ifstream to binary and display the binary at then end. I have a file that when it contains numbers it can do it but when reading strings it has...
[17 replies] Last: I have these string literal and helper functions I wrote a while back.... (by Daleth)
Helpp !!

What is the "Named Parameter Idiom" in c++?
[3 replies] Last: wow thats really cool... is that the same idea for << where it returns... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Having issues with a project.

I am trying to do a simple calculation. I just started C++ and learning about decisions. My program should calculate number of tickets and apply discount based ...
[7 replies] Last: Yes of course you have to declare any variable before you use it. (by Mats)
Balanced parathesis program

#include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> void push(char a , char ele, int *p); char pop(char a ,int **q); int check(char a ,int *p, char ...
[1 reply] : First off, please state exactly what kind of problem you are having. ... (by AbstractionAnon)
Writting in a FlashDevice

Hello, I am working in a programm which has to write in an external NorFlash Device. I was looking for some information about the topic but I could not find it...
[1 reply] : You have to use the platform specific Windows api to list the drive as... (by a k n)
Requirements.

Hello. I have been aiming to create my own mmorpg game for more than a year and I haven't even mastered the basics because I have been busy with college. So, I ...
[3 replies] Last: I don't know why you would go with a side-scrolling MMO, to each his o... (by huike)
assigment

hey i m trying to do my assignment ... i am just a beginner to this course please help me ! *i have to write a programme that reads in ten numbers and the outpu...
[1 reply] : > how to start my programe i.e how to seprate the numbers This will r... (by JLBorges)
by apsp
Need Help in Graph implementation

Please help me in correcting the below code. While running with eclipse on ubuntu, this program is crashing. #ifndef UNDIRECTEDGRAPH_H_ #define UNDIRECTED...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, vectices = new std::list<node>; worked. I am trying to create ... (by apsp)
SFML 2.0 Titlebar

I am making a launcher for a game (it isn't finished yet) but does anyone know how to centre the title on the titlebar. Current code bool Menu() { sf...
[11 replies] Last: Just off topic can anyone help me with another problem: http://www.cpl... (by Cronnoc)
OpenGL Color Keying

I've been messing around with pixel data lately, and this is really bugging me. How would I be able to add color keying to my game. I have a function already, h...
[3 replies] Last: I'd usually just do the alpha channel, but I'm using SDL as my .png lo... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
3d programming

anybody know any good tutorials for incorporating 3d opengl into sfml 2.0?
[4 replies] Last: You want OpenGL tutorials? Just look them up, there are plenty on the ... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Which container would be suitable for this case?

Hello, let's say, I want to have a container, that will have enemies(in game). Enemies can spawn there(added to container), and be killed(so they are deleted...
[6 replies] Last: > So should code look somewhat like this? No. It will result in undef... (by JLBorges)
September 2013 Pages: 1... 2627282930... 36
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.