General C++ Programming - September 2013 (Page 29)

Constructor calling problem

// Program to calculate fine using class. #include<iostream.h> #include<conio.h> #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h> class library { long bookid; ...
[5 replies] Last: Sure. (by maeriden)
Char to a string? Need advice.

Hi, i'm working on this assignment, and I can't figure out how to turn the char 'm' to a string called 'Male', of course i would need to do this for Female as w...
[5 replies] Last: Only problem I see there is your genderString only exists within that ... (by Daleth)
by zionet
Adding large numbers and calculate modulo

Exmaple: 112121276783621784678236478236478623784672364782367846237846782364782367846238 + 783627846782364786237846782364782367846237846782364782367846237846237...
[2 replies] Last: If you want speed, then use gmp. http://gmplib.org/ (by Mats)
SDL unable to open application

I have seen several other people have this problem, then solve it by using the other kind of SDL.dll(eg. 32-bit instead of 64-bit). However, I get the error ...
[4 replies] Last: Tried what? (by closed account N36fSL3A)
by knn9
Anyone familiar with Zip Utils? (question about passwords)

I know this is a longshot posting here as I doubt many people use it but it's worth a shot I guess. When I open a zip archive that's password protected, ente...
[1 reply] : It sounds like your utility is saving the password you enter, or it's ... (by Computergeek01)
OpenGL camera direction/movement

Hi, I made a camera class to use it in opengl, but i have some problem with the moving. (Still very unfinished, I still test it) First here my header: cla...
[no replies]
by Ceset
infinite numbers and ...

hi i was working on float and double data types and to see the results i wrote this program: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <fstream> ...
[5 replies] Last: The numbers printed out would appear to be more reasonable with this c... (by JLBorges)
by Addez
Length of string[] array?

I can't find any method of retrieving the length of an array except for doing this: string first = {"a","be","see"}; int length = sizeof(first)/sizeof(fir...
[3 replies] Last: int length = sizeof(first)/sizeof(first ) works because the size of ... (by JLBorges)
by azize
Ns2 or peersim

Hallo I want to simulate the tcp protocol on peer to peer architecture i start with ns2 but ns can’t simulate exactly p2p architecture because the hug...
[no replies]
How to pass arguments from other functions to main…

hi every one! i have a question, how to pass arguments from other functions to main. i want to write a program like nano well not exactly like nano editor. I...
[4 replies] Last: > But generally whenever you find yourself calling main, > you have t... (by JLBorges)
Sdl problem

i have included all directories as told in lazy foo there are no errors until solution is build. error discription is Error 1 error MSB4014: The build stopped...
[1 reply] : Maybe this can help http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2298853 (by TheGrayWolf)
C++ Books help. (1,2)

Hi i was wondering if anyone of you have read and would recommend "Programming: Principles and Practice Using C++" by Bjarne Stroustrup or "The C++ Programmi...
[24 replies] Last: @Grey Wolf Thank you very much for your explaination. [quote=Daleth... (by Yueeng)
Learning progress & speed

Hello. I know some basics of Java, .HTML, C# and C++. I wish to learn some C++ and I am still learning the basics. I was wondering about WHEN I would actually g...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks for the great answers everyone! (by closed account 930jE3v7)
Best library for video processing?

I want to do write a program that does some video and image processing. For example, find patterns in a image, like similar color of pixels in adjacent squares...
[no replies]
How to use 64/32 bit pointers

I have a problem. I want to set pointers to a default value for both 32 bit and 64 bit compiles. The 32-bit version works as: enum constants { UNDEFINED = 0x...
[1 reply] : Not really a direct answer to your question... but why not just use nu... (by Disch)
GLSL heightmap coloring (OpenGL)

Hi, i recently made a heightmap, it uses a triangle strip /row, and I try to figure out how can i color the triangles one by one. So, for example I have a color...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the reply, now I understand vertex attributes, I read about... (by pandasd)
Object

What does object.method1().method2() mean?
[3 replies] Last: The object must have a type, say T. Each function has a type too; para... (by keskiverto)
by zsmash
How to automatically go to the next textbox if the input char reached its limit?

#include<windows.h> #include<conio.h> void gotoxy(int x,int y); void gets_ex(char*, int max_chars); int main(int argc, char *argv ) { char urnam...
[8 replies] Last: ok... I got it :) thanks again!!.. I've learn a lot from you :) than... (by zsmash)
by Addez
No matching function to call?

Hi, The random method in here should return a random value inside given array. The program constantly crashes when I send the array object as full. It will...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks man! You saved my life! :D (by Addez)
SFML 2.0 launcher problem

As i mentioned in another topic (http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/109954/) I am making a launcher for a game and it is much further along but when i click...
[1 reply] : I'm not sure exactly what the problem with your code is. I found it t... (by cire)
September 2013 Pages: 1... 2728293031... 36
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.