General C++ Programming - September 2019 (Page 4)

Use of functor within transformation

What would be the point of defining constructor methods within the class below? The output of the called functor within the transformation in the main function...
[18 replies] Last: Okay, that clears it up. The alias cannot be reassigned once it’s bo... (by darnoceloc)
SFINAE applied to class definitions?

Hi. I want to use the SFINAE concept to enable/disable a class at compile time. template<typename = typename std::enable_if<std::is_same<int, int>::val...
[2 replies] Last: Oh hadn't set Visual Studio to support C++17! Thanks (by gedamial)
Completely Confused

Hi, I have taken one previous course in C++ which is all the experience I have. My new class assigned this as a first assignment. I am not asking for the answer...
[9 replies] Last: That sounds like a lot to cram between now and the 16th. I'm not sure... (by Niccolo)
by bembel
Best way to combine C allocators and smart pointers?

Hi, I've come across a library that's written in C, and uses allocator and deallocator functions to allocate/deallocate structs. The functions are defined outsi...
[2 replies] Last: Perfect, thanks! (by bembel)
Parsing Data From Text File

All - I must be missing something. I am reading in a text file which consists of repeating three lines of unique data. 0 TITAN 34B DEB 1 23647U 81038C 19...
[10 replies] Last: had not seen the >> ignore >> but that looks handy. It is nothing sp... (by George P)
Best way to compare two identical parallel programs

I have two identical purpose programs made in C++ and i need to compare the total execution time, total CPU usage, total memory usage, execution time at instruc...
[3 replies] Last: I created this to explore the idea. #include <iostream> #include <th... (by salem c)
by herad
While getline() always skips the last line

I am trying to read from a text file using stdin my text file contains something like this: Hello world This is a test Goodbye Notice there are 4 ...
[8 replies] Last: doh! Of course silly me! Now it's working thank you! I would still app... (by herad)
reason why I get a segmentation fault: 11

I've been doing a code to get the combinatory function. it must be a recursive function, using the formula C(n,k)= n!/k!(n-k)!, I am not allowed to create a rec...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <algorithm> using namespace std; int nC... (by lastchance)
I'm looking for 2 types of books, coudln't find any reliable source.

First of all: I'm pretty sure this has been asked a million times before, I'm sorry to do it again, I just couldn't find an up-to-date topic and i would rather ...
[1 reply] : there are zillions of algorithms books. often it is lumped as data st... (by jonnin)
by luckyt
having a hard time comparing two different types

Hello, I am to search through the gamers vector to find if the names match, say which index it is at and then insert but they are both different types and both ...
[13 replies] Last: you guys are awesome! thank you so much. Yeah it would be quite easier... (by luckyt)
Where can I get feedback about my code

I have been always looking for a website or a community that I could join, maybe on facebook or Discord ... to help me solve my programming errors faster. P...
[3 replies] Last: make as small as possible example of the problem and put it here. 400... (by jonnin)
Error with Infile.

So when reading the Grades.txt file I have the first number is 4. When the program runs it reads the file fine, but requires me to hit "Enter" 4 times before It...
[2 replies] Last: Here is updated main and it works great. The only thing is I need to a... (by Aneiron)
How can I change the value that already input to file?

This is my code. The purpose of this code is to top up money and withdraw money from an account (assume that it was created). But after I choose top up money ...
[10 replies] Last: Here is the link of documantation for fstream: http://www.cplusplus.c... (by coder777)
Remove comma when read in text file

Hi. I’m reposting on here because I’m having a bit of trouble understanding some help I was given on the beginners forum. I'm having trouble being able to r...
[6 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <sstream> using names... (by lastchance)
Data structures help (1,2)

Hello. So this code isn't working. I have to create a program that: - define class cust(I already did this part) - create an array of cust (size 10)to hole th...
[28 replies] Last: Your linker error tells you that you haven't defined one function Th... (by George P)
How do I "update" a reference in this situation?

I'm working on a small game engine in C++. I added a system where you can add components (made from an abstract class) to a object to give it functionality. I'm...
[4 replies] Last: by the way class Parent : Component it's composition, `Parent' has ... (by ne555)
Collect 2 [Error] Id returned 1 exit status

#include <iostream> #include <string> #include <fstream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; class customer{ public: string first; /...
[6 replies] Last: @JLBorges Thank you. I will next time. I have to get a new computer to... (by CodingIsHard17)
by jp22
Validation so that the program only allows entry of numbers

Hi, could someone help me with my program. I have my program that is from a restaurant where you have to enter what you will eat for lunch, drink and dessert. T...
[1 reply] : Duplicate of: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/262220/ -Albatr... (by Albatross)
Creating objects using data from text file. (1,2)

Hello, I need help with solving a problem of mine. I have a text file with information separated by tabs. For example, a text file contains: Jason Matthews ...
[29 replies] Last: @salem c yeah and that's an ez to fix things just read the 1st user be... (by fewdiefie)
Problems for calling function

I has problems for calling function CreateAccount() in this case int toppingmoney_, withdraw_; int account_number; // Tao moi tai khoan: // Nhap so tai khoan...
[10 replies] Last: Perhaps open the file for appending, whenever you save a new account. ... (by salem c)
September 2019 Pages: 1234567
  Archived months: [aug2019] [oct2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.