General C++ Programming - September 2019 (Page 5)

Error in Bubble Sort code

Hi! can anybody please tell me whats wrong with my bubble sort C++ code. It gives some random garbage values as output. #include <iostream> using namespac...
[5 replies] Last: this is what clang-format does for me for(i=0;i<size;i++) ; { ... (by ne555)
deallocate object COM

Hi!, I need deallocate when iPtr = new IPtr(__uuidof(EXAMPLE)). How to do it? Thks
[3 replies] Last: that shouldn't compile then you cannot do T *ptr = new T*; it's eith... (by ne555)
error: no matching function for call to 'std::priority_queue<data>::push(int, int, int)'

What does this error mean? occurs in line 27. #include <iostream> #include <queue> #include <set> #include <algorithm> struct data { int sum; ...
[7 replies] Last: `<' is quite a small name, so when you do a < b it should be extreme... (by ne555)
How to make new arrays and recognize them?

Hi everyone, i'm trying to make a roguelike game in my spare time, it's all based on arrays(monsters positions, obstacles) but i'm to sure how to implement loot...
[9 replies] Last: struct Tile { //... vector<Item> vItems; }; Tile g_map ; ... (by fewdiefie)
compiling some legacy code math library

I'm trying to compile a 3d library from an old game engine programming book I found on the internet, I have succeeded to build all the engine components but I g...
[7 replies] Last: I would say that I feel comfortable coding 3d stuff, I have a deep und... (by fewdiefie)
Converting a custom type

Hi everyone, I have some problems in converting a custom type to the type in binary file. Here is the code. void CreateAccount() { Account account; ofstrea...
[3 replies] Last: > Note that this link suggests that private members can't be POD. that... (by ne555)
CppCast Episode: Professional CMake

Rob and Jason are joined by Craig Scott. They first discuss a recent blog post from PVS-Studio analyzing some bugs in CMake. Then Craig talks about how he got i...
[no replies]
Service Pack 4.0

I need the old visual c++ 6.0 service pack 4.0 but I can't find them anywhere in the internet, help!
[4 replies] Last: thank you so much for your help (by fewdiefie)
by volang
How do I start TLS socket

Im trying to connect to a mail server and send mail through my own program. After I connect to the server on port 587 I get to this point where I receive th...
[3 replies] Last: > What do you suggest? I suggested libcurl. But if you want an OO'if... (by salem c)
by geming
Drawing Tablet C++ API ?

Are there any C++ API's for dealing with pen tablets? Such as the XP-Pen Deco Pro Drawing Tablet ( https://www.xp-pen.com ) ? For instance if I wanted to acc...
[2 replies] Last: Hi, I don't have the product in your post, but in Windows many drawing... (by Ganado)
by volang
Create socket and send SMTP mail

Hello. Im trying to get a respons from my mail server on localhost. I can connect to it through command shell like this: telnet mail.mydomian.com 25 If I then...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks Salem. I was missing the new lines (\r\n). (by volang)
Map Compare

I am not sure how to get function fun to work. #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <map> #include <algorithm> bool fun(std::map<std...
[1 reply] : A few things. #1: You have a typo on line 10: std::map<< #2: Your ... (by Albatross)
Header files and symbol tables

Hey guys, So obviously header files are used to separate or distinguish interface from implementation, but they have other useful properties, that is they h...
[11 replies] Last: thanks dHayden :) I think it's also something as others said that I sh... (by adam2016)
findind kth no for multiiples of three no set ...internship questn

given A,B,C ..there is a special set contains the no that are multiple of any of thse no ..we have to deteremine the kth no of that set.. constraints.. A,...
[5 replies] Last: Work the problem backwards. Let's do a simple example. Suppose there... (by dhayden)
by frek
Analyse a C++ fanctor

Hello all, Here: using namespace std; template<typename T> class Less_thane { const T val; public: Less_thane(const T& v) : val(v) { } bool operator ()(...
[5 replies] Last: I got it, thank you. (by frek)
by herad
Problem while doing merge-sorting

Sorry for the long post. I am doing a merge sort with a vector of strings. So far I implemented most of the algorithm in the function. I take input from the...
[1 reply] : Well, this is the best time for you to use your debugging tools and fi... (by zapshe)
Combinatorics

Let's take a group of K distinct characters . I want to find number of strings that can be constructed such that:- 1) No 2 consecutive positions in the strin...
[8 replies] Last: All question, zero effort. Looks like someone got tired of it all an... (by George P)
error: no match for ‘operator>’

Hello, I am working on some code but when I compile it I got this error and I don't know what to do next #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include ...
[2 replies] Last: OP's code, formatted and put into code tags: #include <fstream> #inc... (by Albatross)
by herad
Insert-sort a 2D Vector of characters

I have built a 2D vector of characters such as this: Apple Fruit Banana apple 4apples 3bananas Where each line is the first dimention of the vector and each c...
[7 replies] Last: You are passing the vector argument by value -- it will not modify the... (by Duthomhas)
bitwise xor of n no...internship questn

given n and x: make an array of natural no whose bitwise xor of all no =x and the sum of while array should be minimum possible...and lexigraphically smmale...
[2 replies] Last: I'm going to copy-paste what I wrote for the other codechef problem in... (by Albatross)
September 2019 Pages: 1... 34567
  Archived months: [aug2019] [oct2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.