Lounge - December 2015

by Hafsah
Want to print flying character on console

Hi! I want to print flying characters on C++ Console. i-e it seems to be flying from top to the bottom... likewise we use to play in the Fun Typing Tutor game....
[1 reply] : It depends on the console you're using. Windows will be different fro... (by kbw)
when using low level programming, how does one understand registers and how does addng to them create text?

I know a bit about a lot of stuff related to programming and web design, but all too often the basics of computer science and how the machine technically proces...
[4 replies] Last: all I'll ever be good for is copying tutorial code You may be trying... (by dhayden)
Possible mistake in the website

http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/vector/vector/operator=/ In the example of the above article, the output says "Size of bar: 3" with bar being (3,0). Is that...
[2 replies] Last: Oh, my mistake. I though it was 3 and 0. (by FallingStar)
Qt books

I've decided that I'd like to incorporate Qt into my course work, as my GUI I've created myself is quite unprofessional. However the guides I've found online ar...
[4 replies] Last: Oh, that's really interesting. As I'm quite busy at the moment with wo... (by shadowmouse)
Junior programmer need guidance in path to becoming a programmer

I read online that the path to becoming a programmer is to always keep on learning. I am a junior programmer and have been working for about 1 year. Prior to m...
[5 replies] Last: NEVER think you are THE smart guy in the room. (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Recommendations for Linux compiler/text editor

I have a few posts in this lounge already about Linux, as I'm trying to prepare myself for cs2 next semester along with other classes that Linux will be useful ...
[4 replies] Last: > what is the best way for a beginner programmer to go about doing thi... (by JLBorges)
Tetris bot parallelism

Hello, I wrote a tetris bot but it's only single threaded. I could make it multi threaded, but I was wondering if I could use my GPU for this kind of things? (w...
[1 reply] : I don't think GPGPU is well-suited to that workload. (by helios)
Need help installing Linux on windows laptop

So I've watched videos all night and read articles on how to install linux on a windows laptop. I downloaded Ubuntu from the website, and I don't have any empty...
[11 replies] Last: Go into the windows drive>user>yourusername>Docuements(or where ever y... (by ChajusSaib)
Heres my problem with learning c++ ..Im not regular

I learn for 2 weeks, then nothing for another 2 weeks. Then I restart, rereading what I already learnt..im wasting my time :(
[4 replies] Last: THanks a lot!!!! Really helpful! (by ephraimr)
Lazarus (Object Pascal) IDE

Has anyone tried the Lazarus IDE? http://www.lazarus-ide.org/ I miss the ease of being able to mash up a quick windows GUI prototype in Delphi, and just won...
[5 replies] Last: @Duoas, Nice to know your experiences, thanks for sharing. (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
What programming language should I learn after C++?

Hey guys I've learned the basics of C++ and I'm currently working with SDL right now. I plan to learn STL pretty soon too. But after that I have no idea of wh...
[7 replies] Last: If you are leaning to being a Windows developer you might want to cons... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Graphic Artist?

Hello there! I'm trying to develop a 2D game. I would like to find a partner who can make good 2D graphics. Write to me for more details. Thank you!
[no replies]
What does a security Engineer do?

So I was snooping around for jobs and I came across security Engineer, and it sounds like something I want to pursue. I'm learning C++ currently, and I want to ...
[1 reply] : The most likely place you'll find C++ and assembly are in writing devi... (by dhayden)
ASK about C++ visual studio 2015

Hi all... i have a question about C++ in visual studio 2015 for my final semester assignment from my lecturer. here... i was ordered to make reversi game ...
[7 replies] Last: Ah, yes, I'd missed that those were the file types for old versions of... (by MikeyBoy)
by Mats
Code Academy Rating

How good do you guys think this website would be for someone to learn coding from scratch with no previous experience in anything computer related?
[2 replies] Last: Codeacademy is good for getting familiar with most of the syntax and f... (by YFGHNG)
by Aideux
SQL Compiler?

Hey so I know this is probably the wrong place to ask this, but I've been learning SQL for a little bit and I was wondering if there was a program that I could ...
[7 replies] Last: This may not sound right or answer your question but for SQL I have be... (by BinaryDonuts)
Game engine for a 3D game on iOS and Android

Hello there, I was wondering what would be the best and easiest game engine to use for a simple 3D game. Something similar to Temple Run. It doesn't have to be ...
[9 replies] Last: Unreal Engine is like an Swiss army knife with a diamond edge. UE4 is ... (by BinaryDonuts)
A scared/excited "All in" Beginner

Hello, I am a beginner in C++. I have only taken one semester of Programming 1 in Community College through a dual-enrollment program offered in my High School ...
[3 replies] Last: Game Engine Architecture , Second Edition by Jason Gregory http://www... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
Tips for an 'expert beginner'

Recently a friend came to me with the problem that while he has been programming for about as long as I have (nearly 10 years) he is what would be considered an...
[1 reply] : He might check out Coursera. They have an impressive assortment of co... (by cire)
In light of recent events... (1,2)

Of course, this isn't the first report spree we've had, nor the first troll with the patience to wait a little bit until the ban-on-report period passes. But I...
[36 replies] Last: [quote=MikeyBoy]I remember the good old days of Usenet. Ah, good time... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
December 2015 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [nov2015] [jan2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.